Ms Haley slips and falls ...

hntnhole

1 hour ago, brnbk said:

The Native American has entirely been eradicated from his own continent and both the South and the North Americans are practically slaves of the Europeans who now determine where they can live(reservations), what gods they are allowed to worship(conversion to "Christianity"), how much of their own historical knowledge, whose achievements in science and technology rivalled the Europeans, they are able to transmit - thanks to the Inquisition of both the Catholic and Protestant "missionaries".

Reservations were basically Concentration Camps

49 minutes ago, brnbk said:

Fair Enough! 

To the issue that u raised about Nikki Hailey dodging the issue of slavery, with the added implication that she somehow harbors anti-black sentiment; could it be the case that she is being misunderstood? She never really thought that anyone would question that the Civil War was primarily about slavery. After all, you yourself state that slavery wasn't the direct cause of the war!

Just to be clear. I am not a fan of Nikki Hailey. I personally think she is more white than the Whites! She is an anti trans, selfish, rich, self serving person who totally forgets that there was a time, she was the child of an immigrant and was treated really badly in the southern state, that she now seems to think is some kind of christian heaven on earth and a light to the rest of the United States and indeed even the world. 

My point is, is her response being misunderstood or misstated?

She's also trying to save her own ass in the face of a possible heavy defeat in her own state.

After hearing the usual demented ranting about the Civil War by that pustulant load of burnt doghair turd (Congealed Fat Mountain) the other day, it's strikingly disgracefully obvious that none of that rabble have the slightest clue about a tragedy that killed 600,000 Americans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:51 PM, brnbk said:

I did not intend to make it sound personal — i.e. these where your personal views or actions — and apologize if it came across that way. 

I appreciate the invitation to go through you previous comments on the issue, and will take it up.

I took no offence at all in your responses:  the discourse on various issues is why I come to BZ (well, a couple of other reasons too, I guess). 

I'm glad you were able to find, read, and respond to those earlier posts.  Thanks again to moderator Viking for the instructions on how to do it.  

11 hours ago, brnbk said:

I don't think in this context that it matters much. Either way, she's not prepared for the role of president (not that this same problem stopped Orange Julius). 

11 hours ago, brnbk said:

I'm not a South Carolinian, nor a "conservative", and had little knowledge of Ms Haley until recently.  So, I can't take a position on that question. 

What I can say however, is she was asked a fairly direct question, which she (for whatever reason) felt disinclined to answer, and simply parried,  That showed precious little courage in addressing the grave error of the Southern States, which prompted the "slip & fall" OP. 

So, no.   I don't believe her "response" was misunderstood, and the ambiguity with which it was delivered was a purposeful attempt to sidestep the opportunity to reply honestly.  She even asked whoever the questioner was, "what do you want me to say about slavery"?  That answer demonstrates only her disinclination to answer serious questions, for which there is no positive answer.  She could hardly have been more clear.  Ms. Haley is fairly nimble in her speaking ability: she didn't "misstate" - she was simply unwilling to answer honestly.

That said, I don't expect to find much courage in the conservative party these past few years.  

24 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

Orange Julius

HAHAHAHAHAHA ...... You are simply a genius at coming up with hilarious nicknames !!!  The oblique reference to Julius Caesar - with all his depravities - is simply delicious.  

If I were wearing one, I'd take my hat off to you !!!

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

I don't think in this context that it matters much. Either way, she's not prepared for the role of president (not that this same problem stopped Orange Julius). 

I sort of disagree.  She's prepared for the role.  She'd just be an evil piece of shit who left the country worse off than when she walked in, which is to say she's a Republican.  She would very competently remove all abortion rights across the country and women would die.  She would very competently implement the removal of marriage rights at the federal level for anything besides a relationship approved by Christian moralists.  She would very competently end federal welfare programs and people would freeze to death and starve and die of treatable diseases.  All while competently  implementing the evil that Republicans desperately want.

But they don't want her because woman and brown.  They want the tall white slovenly obese guy who reminds them of themselves, or who they wish they could be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NEDenver said:

She's prepared for the role

In the sense that she's equally "prepared" as Orange Julius,* it's possible that she might be more able to effect the policies of hate, division that O.J. has cemented into the minds of the so-called Righteous Right.  These "Evangelicals" pay attention only to what their leaders - who, of course, are living high-on-the-hawg - have been shoveling down their evangelical throats for a long time.  They pay little attention to the Original Message they claim to uphold.

*credit: Bootman

Edited by hntnhole

I sort of disagree.  She's prepared for the role. 

I agree she could get a lot done. But any person who can't or won't adequately acknowledge slavery as the cause of the Civil War, for example, isn't prepared for the needed occasional statements of moral clarity, or the ability to manage the hardest-right impulses of her party. Neither was Trump, which is partly why he was such a miserable failure as president; not because he couldn't fully implement the draconian policies his hard-right kook supporters wanted, but because he neither cared nor bothered to stand up to them and tell them the hard truths. Nor could he even remotely pretend to trying to serve as president for all Americans.

Biden may be more liberal than most Republicans want, but he's far from the dangerous nutcase that Trump was and is. And I'm not sure that anyone could get through the Republican primaries these days, even if Trump wasn't among the competitors, without kowtowing to the same dangerous elements who support him. They want to rule, not govern, and by any means necessary, because they're tired of having the privilege their white Christian bona fides granted them for over 200 years slip away. 

• Upvote 2

I sort of disagree.  She's prepared for the role.  She'd just be an evil piece of shit who left the country worse off than when she walked in, which is to say she's a Republican.  She would very competently remove all abortion rights across the country and women would die.  She would very competently implement the removal of marriage rights at the federal level for anything besides a relationship approved by Christian moralists.  She would very competently end federal welfare programs and people would freeze to death and starve and die of treatable diseases.  All while competently  implementing the evil that Republicans desperately want.

But they don't want her because woman and brown.  They want the tall white slovenly obese guy who reminds them of themselves, or who they wish they could be.

If anyone is surprised about her stance on women’s rights, look at how those of her heritage treat women. Just like the British PM (Rishi Sunak, who is another Hindu), at the core of her cold dead heart, she believes in knocking off those who can’t afford to pay for what essentially should be provided for free. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Republicans have no moral clarity.  It’s been brainwashed out of them.  All that’s left is a sense of grievance.  The job of a Republican president is only to make cishet white conservative Christians feel like they’re back in control and everyone else is being punished for nonconformity.  Stupid or evil.  Nikki is evil,  my relatives are stupid.  

if it helps, my relatives are also no longer certain that slavery is a bad thing, and maybe we should bring it back.  She’s just got to try to navigate statements that make a splash on CNN while being ignored on Fox.  Only Fox matters.

17 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

because they're tired of having the privilege their white Christian bona fides granted them for over 200 years slip away

Agreed.  It's no surprise that the inherited filth of White Privilege has soaked so thoroughly into these folks stunted minds.  When one inherits a "taught" mindset - learning from the earliest age - that others must defer to you, seeing one's parents/grandparents/relatives/neighbors/friends/church congregations display such depraved behavior, one grows up believing that such anti-human filth is completely normal.  

And then, the unthinkable actually happens:  an African-American man gets elected President of the United States - twice.  

Of course these misguided (from earliest childhood) folks are enraged:  they're the ones who have to either acquiesce to the immutable fact that they are, and have been wrong; grossly wrong in their cultural myopia.  That unfortunate (for them) fact is the burden they simply must bear.  Boo-fukkin-hoo.  

Continuing a hateful tradition of repression, merely to support a misguided tradition of White Privilege, merely because it has always applied to them, is the definition of moral corruption. 

The way I see it, these people can wake up, realize the error of their cultural their ways, or sit down, have a good cry, realize the depravities of the "old ways" are on the way out, and do their best to atone for the sins of their forebears, or just pack up their junk and find somewhere else to live out their miseries.  The Moral Arc has been bending away from their way of life for some time now, and no amount of myopia will alter that fact.  

• Thanks 1