Plans for a same-sex catholic blessing?

brnbk

Now that the church document "Fiducia Supplicans" allows for same-sex blessing, would u try to get one?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would u be interested in getting a same-sex blessing from a Catholic priest?

• This is great news! I am interested in getting my gay relationship blessed in the eyes of God.
    • I am not terribly interested, as I don't care for Religion.
    • I am not Catholic so am going to skip it, but I still think its wonderful news for our catholic LGBTQ brothers ( and sisters).

Well turns out that our site and its barebackers are quite able to discern what the next move of the Pope is going to be! 66% voted that the pope had said yes to same-sex blessing and about a months and a half later, the pope hands it out as a new year gift to the world. Who would have thought that the catholic church which is a fairly conservative organization, would break through its history of suppression and discrimination, and finally embrace gays. 

So my next question is... does anyone plan on getting blessed by the local catholic priest. I don't believe there is a criteria  for who is a "bf", and any two ( or perhaps more if your priest is truly open minded) could seek a blessing! 

18 hours ago, brnbk said:

Well turns out that our site and its barebackers are quite able to discern what the next move of the Pope is going to be! 66% voted that the pope had said yes to same-sex blessing and about a months and a half later, the pope hands it out as a new year gift to the world. Who would have thought that the catholic church which is a fairly conservative organization, would break through its history of suppression and discrimination, and finally embrace gays. 

So my next question is... does anyone plan on getting blessed by the local catholic priest. I don't believe there is a criteria  for who is a "bf", and any two ( or perhaps more if your priest is truly open minded) could seek a blessing! 

Important note: the Pope authorized blessing of same-sex individuals, but I do not believe he has sanctioned blessing the relationship itself. Rather, he's recognizing the inherent good involved in agreeing to take care of a partner, without stepping into the messy ground of what form that agreement takes.

I could be wrong in translating what was written, but that's how I interpret what other, more adept Catholic scholars have commented on it.

As for me: No interest (as a former Catholic) in a religious blessing for my relationship, from any religious figure. But that's just me.