cd4 dropped from 1000 to 500 in 3 months

8 hours ago, EuRawBull said:

Hi @tomzefisThere are some red flags there already, which every single one by and in itself is unlikely to cause serious concern, but you have a number of co-factors:

1.  You are saying you went back to your home country. If any of your female ancestors on your mother side are of Mediterranean descent please do a check for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency. (I would check it anyway.) It does cause a lifelong illness called thalassemia. In your case, as you didn't have any major symptoms until now - if you test positive for G6-PhD most likely is only a minor deficiency. However, people with G6-PhD have a higher intolerance to poppers to the point of being highly toxic. It also means that you are more susceptible to infections.  

2. Assuming that you do not have the above mentioned deficiency, the next one is Cytomegalus IgM - acute infection. This will most likely explain the drop of CD4 count. 

3. Ibuprofen. Known to cause skin reaction if used for longer periods of time. The more common symptoms are red circular spots on the inside of your palm. They are itchy and sometimes form blisters. Stopping Ibuprofen for a while will most likely resolve it, but do tell your doctor about your intake. Strength of ibuprofen is also a factor. 

4. Brand of poppers. Whilst it is true what @ErosWired said about poppers in the US, there are some slight variations in Europe, where amyl and pentyl variety are widely available. Heavy use, will be a co-factor in lowering your immune system barriers. So, try to limit your use of poppers for a while.

5. Lots of travelling.... Stress due to travel would be another co-factor in your immune system being attacked. Not getting enough rest and sleep, a constant change of diet, will do a number on a healthy person and it is certainly likely to have an effect in your case.  Frequent stays in hotels, airbnbs, flights, trains, are all source of infections, ranging from minor, non-consequential to more serious allergic reactions. 

6. If you are in Berlin, go to Checkpoint BLN. The clinic is geared towards gay men, and they will run a whole lot of other tests that 'regular' doctors in many places will not think to run. ([think before following links] [think before following links] https://checkpoint-bln.de/) It may cost you a bit, but I'd think it would be much simpler to run the tests more regularly.

7. Finally, Covid... The 'darling' of today's news! ... sigh... Yes, you may have had a covid infection, which again, explains the drop of CD4. 

As for the higher than usual levels of HIV, I wouldn't worry in the least, but.... Do ask your partner, gently as it may be, to do an HIV test as well. If he is already positive, run a HVL test on him too. Assuming that he is the top and cums inside you every time, it would be worth checking his stats. Since you only bottom for him, chances for you passing the virus on to him are very, very, very low.

Other than that, take a deep breath (without the poppers LOL) and relax. You worrying about a blip can do a number on your health. 

thank you and y' all guys for all the information.

Im gonna stop with poppers.

my partner is Negative ( that's another reason Im so upset with this situation coz Im afraid I could have infected him.... I already asked him to go get tested but he still haven't gone

Im gonna try to get an appointment with my doctor next week !!!

thank you again. thank you very much

On 1/18/2024 at 2:16 AM, tomzefis said:

just an update ( in case this might be helpful for someone in the future )

I took another VDRL today and it was Positive for Syphilis ( was negative 1 week ago )

Atta boy! all that worries for nothing... Now, go and tell your partner to check as well. Ideally, you should both get the treatment at the virtually same time so that you can both start having sex again at the same time as well. There is a school of thought that your partner should wait until he gets his test results as well, in case he doesn't test positive for syphilis. You guys know best when you last had a fuck and stuff. But sooner your partner gets tested, the better. Also, do a test for gono and chlam, both oral and anal. 

Other than that, a couple of months later, you'll be back in the saddle LOL

On 1/25/2024 at 10:49 AM, EuRawBull said:

Atta boy! all that worries for nothing... Now, go and tell your partner to check as well. Ideally, you should both get the treatment at the virtually same time so that you can both start having sex again at the same time as well. There is a school of thought that your partner should wait until he gets his test results as well, in case he doesn't test positive for syphilis. You guys know best when you last had a fuck and stuff. But sooner your partner gets tested, the better. Also, do a test for gono and chlam, both oral and anal. 

Other than that, a couple of months later, you'll be back in the saddle LOL

thank you

all my partners tests came negative

and believe or not, I checked my viral load AGAIN ( 10 days later ) and its Undetectable and CD4 575 ( it was 500 ) before.

I also got treatment for syphilis ( 2 penicilin injections in my butt )

now Im gonna start with Doxy Pep as well in the future

thank you guys

• Like 2