Religion and gay love

Placing the New Testament in an understandable place would be enhanced by comparing it's contents with the contemporaneous writings that were culled out of the N.T. at the Council of Nicaea in 325 CE.  

One is altered materially, one still exists largely as a recorded collection of the sayings of one man.  In one, there is plenty of magic added in.  In the other, the Gospel of Mary contains some hilarious magic*.

*one "fer-instance":  As a little kid, Jesus was playing in a mud puddle with his friends, and they were making little mud animals (birds, 4-footed animals, etc).  When Mary called him to come in for lunch or whatever, all the little mud critters Jesus made came to life - but the other kid's animals didn't. The mud birds flew away, and the mud dogs/cats/mules/whatever ran away.  It's a fun read. 

On 1/20/2024 at 9:54 PM, hntnhole said:

However, I have no faith in magic.  Thus, "faith" compounded with required belief in magic, makes no sense to me at all.  

I think people are prone to have faith in something. That's why they eventually believe things that make no sense to some other people but they are true for them. I'm sure there is an evolutionary reason behind this.

• Like 1