Increase in spammers

2 hours ago, Orlbttmntraining said:

Has anyone else noticed the utterly massive increase in spammers on hook up apps (sniffies and squirt are overly bad)or is it just me being overly observent

No it's not you you're 100% correct there has been a huge increase in spammers on Squirt and other sites

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Orlbttmntraining said:

Has anyone else noticed the utterly massive increase in spammers on hook up apps (sniffies and squirt are overly bad)or is it just me being overly observent

Look at the bright side, I haven't paid a penny in fees on squirt in months from reporting spammers, 5 days free every time!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Orlbttmntraining said:

Sniffies.com is out of control with spammers running wild.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NBBTTM said:

Look at the bright side, I haven't paid a penny in fees on squirt in months from reporting spammers, 5 days free every time!

Yes. At least Squirt is pretty vigilant and responsive to reports. I've also had a heap of 5 day membership extensions for reporting spam. Which mostly seems to come in the chat section these days, rather than email messages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Growlr (which, for those who don't know, is kind of like Grindr but bear-and-admirer focused) has a huge problem with spam profiles (usually promoting some website like xkink.com). They also have a big problem with what I presume are phishers and other types, messaging people from 8,000 miles away from a profile that talks about how much they seek love from a caring person.

But this isn't something new caused by the apps - preying on those seeking sex, love, or companionship has been an activity for centuries. The apps just make it cheaper to expand your reach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Growlr...has a huge problem with spam profiles...

I left Growlr mostly because of spam. Plus it seemed more focused on fat guys, rather than hairy guys in general. Nothing wrong with fat if that's what you're looking for. But 'bears' are a much broader group than just the larger gentlemen.