Be careful with a new boyfriend.

Leather69

In Australia we have a case in Sydney where a guy who had a relationship with a cop, broke it off ( stories are running that it was an intense break -up).. he then got a new lover who was a Qantas (airline) cabin crew.. the cop has now been charged with two counts of murder after a major argument.. he had his police issued hand gun.. bodies yet to be recovered.

The daughter of a very close friend (straight) has told me that the Qantas guy was one of the very best friends that she met whilst working there.

Moral of the story.. I'm not completely sure that I have this right.. is to be very careful when ditching a close boyfriend.. particularly when he is in a position to cause catustropic problems.

I live in Sydney as well. There is no moral to that story, what are you supposed to do stay with someone you don't want to be with because of intimidation. Thats simply not on. The unfortunate thing is the cop, who has since been charged, demeaned himself by wanting to be with someone who did not want to be with him. Your are not wanted any more, be a man and move on.

Gay or hetero changes nothing: if folks are educated assuming a partner is a property,who knows where it can end up! 

I hear this kind of news on newspapers every day. Former husbands killing their former wives, or even leaving the woman alive but killing their children... 

Being a cop doesn't guarantee anything. "cop" does not mean "a good person". Give a weapon in a narcisist's hands and the damage is done!

I can't talk further for obvious reasons but I've known these stories too much (mostly men vs. women) and it's always the same old music. 

This kind of men seem produced in series... One equal to the other. 

They're like when you find a new house. You see it nice, welcoming, it doesn't cost much. Then just after you go inside you realize most parts must be rebuilt.

But in case of these abusers, you might notice when it's too late.

Let me say I've been lucky I had a boyfriend (my ex) who attempted to kill me... Not physically but mentally. And sometimes I still feel the wound he caused isn't totally healed yet. 

But if I hadn't friends, new partner, job... I might have ended up with a sad conclusion.