IrishBoi

Have you reached out to anyone in prison that you didn't know   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Have you reached out to anyone in prison that you didn't know

• Yes I have
    • No I haven't
    • I would never do that
    • I would and have wanted to reach out for a while
    • They are in prison for a reason and deserve to be there if they broke the law
    • Prisoners are still human

Hello

I have recently been looking at the profiles on sites such as writeaprisoner.com and penacon.com

These sites help you reach out to prisoners and inmates in the USA (I am from the UK)

I created an account on JPay and saved a bunch of people that interested me. 

Has anyone ever reached out to any prisoners, inmates or got prison penpals. 

Convicts have always turned me on as well as I feel sorry for them. People hit rock bottom and I don't believe in shaming people just because they are in prison. I have had a hard time with friends in my life so I can somewhat relate to them. I have been imprisoned in my own life in a mental way. 

Has anyone ever reached out to them and/or have any advice 

Any advice would be appreciated 
(yes I know not to tell them personal details and all that lol)

• Like 1

How kind of you to feel sorry for them and desire to help.

I use to fool around with an ex-con from the Bronx in the 90s. He was a thug and a prison bottom.

Advice: place large funds on their commissary before you tell them your gay.

22 hours ago, IrishBoi said:

Hello

I have recently been looking at the profiles on sites such as writeaprisoner.com and penacon.com

These sites help you reach out to prisoners and inmates in the USA (I am from the UK)

I created an account on JPay and saved a bunch of people that interested me. 

Has anyone ever reached out to any prisoners, inmates or got prison penpals. 

Convicts have always turned me on as well as I feel sorry for them. People hit rock bottom and I don't believe in shaming people just because they are in prison. I have had a hard time with friends in my life so I can somewhat relate to them. I have been imprisoned in my own life in a mental way. 

Has anyone ever reached out to them and/or have any advice 

Any advice would be appreciated 
(yes I know not to tell them personal details and all that lol)

Have written for 8 years with inmates in the USA.  I did found their profiles on write a prisoner, a lady who was on my facebook did contact me if i could write to a young gay guy who was in need for human contact since his family did throw him on the street for being gay.  Did write with him for several years with him, untill a certain moment i received my own letter back with deceased on🥴🥴🥴🥴.  He sadly had taken his own life.  I have written with 56 different inmates over 8 years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, PrisonbaiT said:

Have written for 8 years with inmates in the USA.  I did found their profiles on write a prisoner, a lady who was on my facebook did contact me if i could write to a young gay guy who was in need for human contact since his family did throw him on the street for being gay.  Did write with him for several years with him, untill a certain moment i received my own letter back with deceased on🥴🥴🥴🥴.  He sadly had taken his own life.  I have written with 56 different inmates over 8 years

Thats really sad. My thoughts go to his family. 

I have looked at write a prisoner for a few months and added people to my pay. I have not yet written or donated to their commissaries yet. I don't believe anyone is truly evil even though may have done some bad things to be put in prison, a S/O list or even on death row. I would be lying if I said inmates didnt turn me on. They do but I also known what it's like to feel lonely and dont want them to feel like that. As twisted as that sounds. 

Would you want to talk more about this in pvt?

• Like 1

To be honest, the American penile system is a very unhonest system, if you are poor white, black or latino your chances of getting Longer prisontimes are longer.   If you can not pay for a good advocate you stand no chance.  Then once you arrive in prison the real misery starts, you have to fight for survival or you are turned out as someones bitch, or even raped over several years. A lot of people don't belong in prison, but they where failed by the system, like that young man i wrote to.  I don't have sympathy for his family, they where the ones how failed him big time for being gay.  It is food for thaught.  A lot of these people need human contact, a letter van bring a lot of happiness.  I never did send money, but weekly letters and birthday cards.

• Like 1

Is it true that the jail pre reads the letters. Does that limit you in what you can write such as asking them why they are there or going into details. I ask cos I am curious about what makes people commit crimes whether it's by necessity or habit. What are the main dos and dents when writing to them. Can talk in private if you want. Messaged yr telegram too

As think about does the pen pal sites let one know what individuals behind bars for?

I ask for think of how woman Jodi Arias serving life behind bars for what did to ex boyfriend. I thought of write to her, but when think of crime convicted of can be chillig. I also would use caution in who write to. 

Some as stories go innocent behind bars, some be there for convicted, and the saddest news story was of a Iraqi war veteran robbed a bank for realized had a problem and saw needed to be behind bars. Thus seems a mental health issue and not do for the money.

I guess if comfortable writing to a inmate to write, just if do go with understanding inmate may try to manipulate or ask maybe for money.

@IrishBoi I love how creative you are.  I had no fucking clue this existed.  Lots of inmates that don't have connection to the outside world, especially the gay ones.

If you're looking for gay ex-con sex I will say - they are in every city.  There is no filter to search for them unfortunately! 

13 minutes ago, Bwccummer said:

As think about does the pen pal sites let one know what individuals behind bars for?

I ask for think of how woman Jodi Arias serving life behind bars for what did to ex boyfriend. I thought of write to her, but when think of crime convicted of can be chillig. I also would use caution in who write to. 

Some as stories go innocent behind bars, some be there for convicted, and the saddest news story was of a Iraqi war veteran robbed a bank for realized had a problem and saw needed to be behind bars. Thus seems a mental health issue and not do for the money.

I guess if comfortable writing to a inmate to write, just if do go with understanding inmate may try to manipulate or ask maybe for money.

You have to feel for yourself if your penpall is honest.  Most guys are, they need human contact.  Their crimes are mentioned in their profiles.  Like i said i never did send any money, this was also because i live in Europe and then paypal was not that easy at the time.

Now it is far more difficult to write to prisoners as it was 10 years ago, the Trump administration changed the rules.   Most guys are in for a long time penpal relation so just go with the flow and follow your gut feeling they will be happy about it.

34 minutes ago, Bwccummer said:

Looking at her case, I'm wondering why Battered Woman's Syndrome wasn't introduced as a defense: [think before following links] https://murderpedia.org/female.A/a/arias-jodi.htm

On 9/10/2024 at 1:20 AM, IrishBoi said:

Is it true that the jail pre reads the letters. Does that limit you in what you can write such as asking them why they are there or going into details. I ask cos I am curious about what makes people commit crimes whether it's by necessity or habit. What are the main dos and dents when writing to them. Can talk in private if you want. Messaged yr telegram too

Yes, in America the prison guards open and read the letters as well as intercept and confiscate any contraband. So it might be a bit difficult to kindle a gay romance with an inmate through the US Postal system.

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

Yes, in America the prison guards open and read the letters as well as intercept and confiscate any contraband. So it might be a bit difficult to kindle a gay romance with an inmate through the US Postal system.

I give up then.....not thats id be looking a gay romance but whats the point, im kinda secretive I do n't like the idea of them reading it as well lol