Quotes in French

• Moderators
3 hours ago, TomOnHisKnees said:

When I see someone quote my posts it's always in French.

Why is this happening?

Moderator's Note: I have no idea. Could you link some of the posts where this has happened or else report them.

• Thanks 1

My guess is that the quoting person's browser is set to auto-translate into French, and when he "quote" replies, it picks up the translation rather than the original post.

I recently had to do some business with a site in Germany that was all-German, and Chrome offered to auto-translate to English as I browsed from page to page. I'm guessing it's something like that here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

My guess is that the quoting person's browser is set to auto-translate into French, and when he "quote" replies, it picks up the translation rather than the original post.

I recently had to do some business with a site in Germany that was all-German, and Chrome offered to auto-translate to English as I browsed from page to page. I'm guessing it's something like that here.

I kind of figured that was it after I posted my question.

if it appears in French is simply because we are from France and that our browser is therefore in French, but we always answer in English.

Otherwise you have to do as we do, not complain for so little when the pages are in other languages than our own and ask google to make the translation of the page into our language

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LoveBarebacking said:

if it appears in French is simply because we are from France and that our browser is therefore in French, but we always answer in English.

Otherwise you have to do as we do, not complain for so little when the pages are in other languages than our own and ask google to make the translation of the page into our language

I wasn't complaining.

I was just curious as to why it showed up that way.

No need to be shitty about it.

13 hours ago, TomOnHisKnees said:

I wasn't complaining.

I was just curious as to why it showed up that way.

No need to be shitty about it.

That verbiage is the result of Frenchmen speaking English, not him being shitty.

Try being less dismissive and less sensitive.