Not voting because Harris is a woman?

tallslenderguy

7 hours ago, nanana said:

Given the minuscule percentage of contribution your vote makes to the winner, voting for a winner is also jacking off in the voting booth. You can’t both excoriate Greens for not building a party from the grass roots and then pretend that only Democrats and Republicans don’t jack off in voting booths. It DOES sound like a hot idea though 🙂

My vote, in my state, does contribute very little to the presidential race, granted - especially since my state has gone GOP since Shrub in 2000.

But in 2016, Trump won Michigan by 10,704 votes. Meaning if 5,353 people's votes had changed from R to D, Clinton would have carried that state. Or if a mere 10,705 more Democrats had shown up - in a state where over 4.5 MILLION people voted - Clinton would have won. Similar percentages happened in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and it's ONLY because of those tiny margins in a few critical states that Trump won the electoral college.

So yeah, in closely divided states, every vote counts.

2 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Here are 21 reasons many  Black people will not be voting for the Dems or Kamala Harris this coming election:

...snip....

Now you may not have to like it. You may say Black people should do something akin to slavery, which means put their needs, politics and personal desires aside for the good of everyone else. You may say that we’re Trumpers ( most Black people are not, and the numbers easily verify that).  But that’s fine. We’re OK with that. Ensure you may squeak by yet again in this election, because Donald Trump is such a racist and incompetent candidate. But just know the clock is ticking and it’s going to get increasingly harder each election.

now some of you are going to read that and say I don’t care. But the purpose of that was not to convince just to inform.

A guy on a website dedicated to condom-free sex with multiple complaints about sexualization. Complaining that a woman takes charge of her sexuality to have a relationship with a Black man and then also complaining when she breaks that off because she married a white man. Pretending that sexualization is limited to black supporters while ignoring the fact that black female performers, in particular, present a generally more sexualized image (and I have no problems with them doing so). Plenty of more staid, less "racy" Black women have been majorly public supporters of Harris, including Patti LaBelle, Kerri Washington, Viola Davis, Niecy Nash... the list goes on and on.

Sure, flashy stars like Cardi B and Beyonce and Megan Thee Stallion are going to get attention when they perform at political events, because THAT'S WHAT THEY DO - they are attention-getters. Don't blame the Democratic Party for the Black community's promotion of liberated, sexually free women as a good thing. Maybe instead ask yourself why you see it as a bad thing.

3 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Here are 21 reasons many  Black people will not be voting for the Dems or Kamala Harris this coming election:

Serving as the vice president to Joe Biden, author of the 1994 Crime Bill and best friend of staunch segregationist like a Strom Thurman and Robert Byrd

Performative blackness. This is not a uniform that you can take on and off.

I actually enjoy when she affects the southern black woman.

I would like to see her speak to an Indian American audience and put on an Indian accent and mannerisms.

Mitrice Richardson 

Serving in an admiration that argued in the Supreme Court against Miranda rights

Faught to keep nonviolent offenders in jail, so the point she was almost held in contempt of court

Not advocating for the prosecution of Carolyn Bryant. We don’t care how old she was, they’re still profiting Nazi’s

She appears to have no recent public connection to any black men. Husband, children, father (if he’s black).

Father is some kind of mixed-race mostly Irish.

Kamala uses the homophobe and transphobe Charlamagne The God as her connection to black men.

Not platform injustice for the Tulsa race massacre victims

Using the legacy of the Freedman’s Bank to provide tangible or resources to other groups

Flooding black neighborhoods with illegal immigrants and utilizing the resources for that community to service the immigrants instead of Black people in the community (please don’t try to debunk this the cats out the bag, especially in Chicago)

I actually reside in the black community where we're being flooded with illegal immigrants over the past two years. I see first hand how resources have been prioritized and redirected to some and denied to others.

The 'Americans last' agenda has arrived in the hood. I hear they're all voting for Kamala. My vote is not needed. I'm effectively replaced.

Targeting black mothers for truancy violations (again this is already proven correct)

democrats believe abortion is an economic strategy for Black people (ask Stacy Abram’s)

I'm pro-life. I DO NOT support 'unaliving' black babies.

An overwhelming majority of blacks align with conservatives regarding abortion.

Over sexualizing the black community. Anytime they want to talk to Black people they always have to invite sexy red, Megan Thee Stallion, Cardi B or some sort of other over sexualized performer. They don’t do that to any other group.

Promoting a general sexual agenda to pre-pubescent youth. 

I have seen quite a few social media feeds from black mothers regarding certain agendas being promoted to young black boys in school.

Despite being the number one victim of hate crimes, failing to platform a hate crime bill for black Americans similar to the ones proposed for Asians and anti-Semitism.

Continuing a 60 year benign neglect policy by failing to promise, direct tangible benefits to the black community. And she stated she’s not gonna do anything several times.

She's going to 'study' reparations. She's in the closet on this issue since in the past, as a California progressive, she actually supports reparations for black Americans.

Serving as the mistress to Willie Brown, a man who proudly stated he wasn’t gonna do anything for Black people because we don’t vote despite all of the evidence to the contrary. Yet he had no problem, providing economic access, and resources to the Asian and LGBT communities. Again and continuation of the benign neglect policy.

Her plan, for black men that she just unveiled yesterday, with less than 21 days till Election Day, is designed for black men and others.

Its DEI. And we KNOW where black men fall under the DEI caste system.

Cackling at an innocent black man being sentenced to life in court. By the way, he won $13 million judgment for wrongful conviction

Her association to Black sororities and other Boule affiliated organizations.

Her association with AIPAC, a group who is currently targeting Black members of Congress. They were even caught on tape, saying the biggest threat to them as young Black people. 

She refused to reevaluate cases were proven tampered Evidence was used.

So there you have it. Now no one can claim to not know the reasons why an increasing number of Black people aren’t voting for Kamala Harris. Now a lot of people are going to claim most of that stuff is misinformation, but it can easily be verified through numerous newspaper articles, and news report. That’s the great thing about the Internet.

Now you may not have to like it. You may say Black people should do something akin to slavery, which means put their needs, politics and personal desires aside for the good of everyone else. You may say that we’re Trumpers ( most Black people are not, and the numbers easily verify that).  But that’s fine. We’re OK with that. Ensure you may squeak by yet again in this election, because Donald Trump is such a racist and incompetent candidate. But just know the clock is ticking and it’s going to get increasingly harder each election.

now some of you are going to read that and say I don’t care. But the purpose of that was not to convince just to inform.

• Moderators

Moderator's Note:

Thanks to all of those who have made thoughtful contributions to this very lively topic.  I'm extremely happy that despite some contention and rowdiness, things have stayed relatively civil and there haven't been heaps of infractions! Let's keep it that way:

Please remember that ad hominem attacks are off-limits.

Please also remember that posting false statements and conspiracy theories is not allowed. If you feel the need to defend your statement with a comment about its veracity, please put a link in to that fact-check and save your readers (and the moderators) the effort of doing the search. At its best, a topic like this is a chance for us to understand a bit more of how people in very different "echo chambers" see the world, and mutual understanding is something we need a LOT MORE OF just about now. Let's give it the best possible chance here.

Again, thanks to everyone who is making the extra effort here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, topblkmale said:

I would imagine Kamala Harris is looking to walk into a black church service this Sunday in either Atlanta, Detroit or Philadelphia.

I hope she really leans into her down-south roots and does her black accent for us.

She can bring her greens that she prepared in the bathtub lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

A guy on a website dedicated to condom-free sex with multiple complaints about sexualization. Complaining that a woman takes charge of her sexuality to have a relationship with a Black man and then also complaining when she breaks that off because she married a white man. Pretending that sexualization is limited to black supporters while ignoring the fact that black female performers, in particular, present a generally more sexualized image (and I have no problems with them doing so). Plenty of more staid, less "racy" Black women have been majorly public supporters of Harris, including Patti LaBelle, Kerri Washington, Viola Davis, Niecy Nash... the list goes on and on.

Sure, flashy stars like Cardi B and Beyonce and Megan Thee Stallion are going to get attention when they perform at political events, because THAT'S WHAT THEY DO - they are attention-getters. Don't blame the Democratic Party for the Black community's promotion of liberated, sexually free women as a good thing. Maybe instead ask yourself why you see it as a bad thing.

It's one thing to sexualize yourself, it's another thing for someone to sexually objectify a community with our history.

He also never mentioned having an issue with her being married to a white man.

You arguing points that he never made, and you know it.

Edited by Blkmuscbreeder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

And so much misogyny, too. I'm starting to understand better why Obama is taking Black men to task for their anti-women attitudes.

Pretty sure he mean minstrel show...

I want to point out how you are so comfortable with labeling Black men as "anti-women" after reading a few comments from some guys on a forum.

Interesting...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blkmuscbreeder said:

It's one thing to sexualize yourself, it's another thing for someone to sexually objectify a community with our history.

He also never mentioned having an issue with her being married to a white man.

You arguing points that he never made, and you know it.

Here's his quote:

"She appears to have no recent public connection to any black men. Husband, children, father (if he’s black)." He knows she's married. He's got an issue with her not being married to a Black man. That says "has an issue with being married to a white man" to me. But then I can add 2 + 2 and get 4.

As for sexually objectifying a community: He's blaming the Democratic Party for the fact that it uses the popularity of certain celebrities - who THEMSELVES have "sexualized" themselves - to help draw attention to the party. The Democrats didn't sexualize Megan Thee Stallion; she's done that herself, for years, as part of her very public persona. And moreover, as I pointed out, the Democrats also have sought and publicized the support of non-sexualized Black women; of sexualized White women (Taylor Swift, anyone?), sexualized Black and White men, and non-sexualized Black and White men.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blkmuscbreeder said:

Pretty sure he mean minstrel show...

I want to point out how you are so comfortable with labeling Black men as "anti-women" after reading a few comments from some guys on a forum.

Interesting...

He was, if I'm not mistaken, making a misogynistic pun re: minstrel and menstrual. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

Here's his quote:

"She appears to have no recent public connection to any black men. Husband, children, father (if he’s black)." He knows she's married. He's got an issue with her not being married to a Black man. That says "has an issue with being married to a white man" to me. But then I can add 2 + 2 and get 4.

As for sexually objectifying a community: He's blaming the Democratic Party for the fact that it uses the popularity of certain celebrities - who THEMSELVES have "sexualized" themselves - to help draw attention to the party. The Democrats didn't sexualize Megan Thee Stallion; she's done that herself, for years, as part of her very public persona. And moreover, as I pointed out, the Democrats also have sought and publicized the support of non-sexualized Black women; of sexualized White women (Taylor Swift, anyone?), sexualized Black and White men, and non-sexualized Black and White men.

He said, she has no recent public connections. Connections implies relationships, martial and non-martial. I'm pretty sure he's mentioning that in reference to people saying that Black men should support her because she has such a deep connection to us.

If someone said Barack Obama has no close connections to any White women in his life, would you assume that they are upset because he has a Black wife? Lol 

2 + 2= 4 for sure. There's no need to try to insult someone when your opinions are challenged. 

@BlackDude Correct me if I'm wrong, but you aren't blaming the Democratic party for sexualizing Black ppl. You're blaming Kamala Harris, a non African American woman, for pandering to African Americans by using outdated stereotypes to appeal to us, correct? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

That's partly because while Asians and Latinos face discrimination from conservatives, it's usually not as virulent, nor has it been as deep-seated and long-lasting, as that directed against Black people - especially restrictions on voting. That's not to downplay racism against Asians and Latinos, but it's fair to note that liberals - not conservatives - led the push to give Black people the (actual, as opposed to "on paper") right to vote in the 1960's. And it's conservatives - not liberals - who are attempting to make it more difficult for people to vote, targeting those efforts at poor people and students, groups among which Black people are disproportionately represented.

And it's the Democratic party, not the "Democrat party". 

Regardless of the party, white liberals are some of the worst offenders when it comes to telling Black people how they should vote as if we haven’t lived in the same country as you all for centuries. 

Regardless of who wins, I’m still a Black man in a red state with a life to live and choices to make. With that being said, I do not expect a white liberal gay man to understand the very nuanced political views that Black men hold. To me, it seems like many white people in this country are surprised that Black people don’t all have the same views on politics and society. At the end of the day, you vote for whoever you think is the best for the country. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Asn17 said:

Regardless of the party, white liberals are some of the worst offenders when it comes to telling Black people how they should vote as if we haven’t lived in the same country as you all for centuries. 

Regardless of who wins, I’m still a Black man in a red state with a life to live and choices to make. With that being said, I do not expect a white liberal gay man to understand the very nuanced political views that Black men hold. To me, it seems like many white people in this country are surprised that Black people don’t all have the same views on politics and society. At the end of the day, you vote for whoever you think is the best for the country. 

Part of the nuance is that black men put their sexuality last. 

And by last, I mean in the closet. 

And most white liberal gay men are out and proud. LGBTQ is their movement akin to the Civil Rights movement of our parents’ generation - which they are passionate about. 

So yes I have to be honest and acknowledge that their fight will benefit me as a gay black man. 

But yes, we’re focused on the black community first. Including our many straight black brothas who may be VERY homophobic.  

• Upvote 3