What's it like with HIV??

nymanhole

For those who are Poz -- > I am still Neg and know that to realize my love for cum and going bareback, that at some point I will likely convert. What is life like for those living with HIV -- the good, the bad and the ugly. Will I regret it or happy the anticipation is over? Looking to be prepared for the inevitable here.!!

Edited by nymanhole

For those on the proper anti-virals, HIV is sometimes a non-issue, although as the poz population ages, doctors are finding more long-term effects of infection. Then again, after any man reaches a certain age, there is no part of his body he wouldn't turn over to the proper authorities...

I am of the age where I saw the worst of the epidemic. I was 18 in 1985. I became poz in 1988. At that time I was the bottom being fucked bareback by my boyfriend. I broke up with him because I found out he was fucking everybody in town, including me. I moved on to find a partner in 1989 with whom I have been in relationship since. About a year and a half after I met up with my partner (who is a bottom) my previous boyfriend got very sick and basically disintegrated and died. From that moment onward until the creation of the "meds" I was a wreck. All I did was think about being poz and dying. I refused to get checked to see if I had the virus. I figured with no cure and sure death, why even know!

I got sick around 1997 starting with shingles. By the time I finally went to the doctor my viral load was like 6 million and my T cells were 0. I watched all my ex-boyfriends die. I watched friends, acquaintances and famous people die. It was horrible. The meds certainly have changed things. People don't die very often from aids complications any longer. Younger men simply think you take a pill and all will be fine. It really is better to stay neg. But I understand the need to bareback, and I understand men still become poz in the heat of passion. Today, if you detect it early, being poz is little more than having herpes. The meds are very strong and toxic and expensive. These are my only concerns today. I take my meds 1/2 the time...every other day.....and even then with that lower dose I am still undetectable.

Edited by Hotload84

I just tested poz and despite knowing it would happen it was still a shock.

That said I would never take it back. I'm happy with the life choices I made. My cd4 is 971 and my viral load is 100,000 so meds are still sometime away. I've found fewer tops want to breeders me as a result but find it incredibly horny when I'm topping knowing I'm spreading the love.

I'm honest and open about my status so as to remain within the law.

If any one is in the UK and would like my high viral load unmedicated spunk up their holes, get in touch 07428075778

I've found fewer tops want to breeders me as a result but find it incredibly horny when I'm topping knowing I'm spreading the love.

Have you become more of a top now that you are pozzed? I ask because, while I'm still neg, my fantasy about being poz involves breeding neg holes. But, since I'm still neg, I have no interest in breeding holes: I'm 100% bottom. But if I pozzed I think I'll be a top.

Edited by Hotload84

I would not minimize it but it can be managed today. I am poz and undetectable thanks to 1 pill a day. Just take care of myself and stuff and I am doing great!

I would agree it is a managed chronic illness now a day. I too am on the one pill a day so it does make taking pills a non-issue. I have been poz for 8 years. I find I eat better and exercise. I take better care of myself and watch my health more carefully, activities I should have done all along but took for granted. I do not have any regrets. I'm probably a bit more of a sex pig (if that is at all possible). I have a poz BF who I may not have met otherwise. I most likely would have said "thanks, but no thanks." He is great to me and means the world to me. However, much like life, everyone's situation is a bit different. We are just luckier today than guys 20 years ago, or for that matter, even 10-15 years ago, thanks to newer meds.

Edited by Hotload84

• 2 weeks later...

I take 4 pills a day - so to me it's not a big deal. Just get up, have a yogurt and swallow the pills and go on with my day. I really should eat better and exercise, which I do need to do. I do not regret at all that I became poz. The choice of bareback sex was one that I made, and I am proud of it. I hear there are certain countries to which I can not travel, but other then that, my life is pretty much normal - no side effects (other then weight gain) and as most guys would say, I never have to ask anyone again as to his status. For a sex pig like me, it's great to lay at the baths or sex club and let anyone fuck my ass and drop his load, not having to worry if his load will that which pozzes my ass.

Edited by Hotload84