Problems posting on Craigslist M4M

rawTOP

• Administrators

I've been trying to post ads for the gangbangs I'm hosting on Craigslist and having a horrible time getting things to show up in the m4m section. There used to be a link where you could pick m4m when you were posting an ad. Now it seems everything goes into "casual encounters" and when you try to change the location after the ad is posted it stops showing up completely...

Any hints?

Hey Raw=don't feel bad-- i have had the same problem over and over with CL- I made a post, looked for it, and never saw it-- or heard any response , yet I had the confirmation it was sent out. Maybe they don't like guys with breedingzone . com saved in their favorite places <g>

I've also found that they really don't like multiple ads (or ads posted in multiple places) from a single email address. They assume that you're spamming the site, or trying to manipulate things so that your ad ends up on top all the time. Be very careful to always delete your previous ad if you post a new one. And vary the wording and presentation a bit if you have two ads running, with each ad coming from a separate email address (which means of course that you'll need multiple phone numbers....ugh).

I've also stayed away from creating accounts with craigslist, as then they seem to track your postings more carefully. I only really started running into trouble with posts mysteriously not showing up when I was assured everything was fine after creating an account.

I've not run into problems with specific words causing my ads to not work, but occasionally there's been some trouble if you try to put too many numbers because craigslist will think you're trying to post a phone number. So if you're putting stats in your ad, I'd suggest having a general description in the posting, with a note that you'll send specific stats and pictures via email.

Do be aware that some users of craigslist will take it upon themselves to flag certain ads for removal. These usually involve drug use or prostitution, but sometimes you'll get people who don't like barebacking.

On the specific question above, I've always just selected "dating, romance, long term relationship (ltr)" on the first screen and then "i am a man seeking a man" and it seems to work OK for me.

Edited by MascMountainMan

Yeah I got lost in how to post in "personals > men seeking men" and it took a while to figure it out.

You have to categorize the post like this:

personal/romance >

dating, romance, long term relationship (ltr) >

i am a man seeking a man >

and then choose the geographic area you want it posted in

I don't know why they have these separate sections, since most of the posts in "men seeking men" are NOT ltr posts -- they're just guys looking to suck cock.

It's also useful to put "m4m m4mm mm4m mm4mm" at the bottom of the message so it gets found in searches :)

• 1 month later...

^^^ Post an ad saying you are looking for bareback. You should get a ton of responses.

Anyway, to the question at hand, the word gangbang or orgy is probably stopping it from being listed under m4m.

I would try posting an ad saying something to the degree of bottom looking for loads, as many and as often as possible.

Then for whoever responds tell them it is a gangbang setup.

Guest Matias47

Craigslist is getting more and more strange. I posted twice today -- the whole personals, romance, ltr, m4m got the automated emails -- they said the posts were live, but they never showed up.

Let's face it, CL's going the way of Myspace.

mascmountainman was right. I thought it went through but found out later it was blocked. I did have an issue when I was in TN and did a cl post that never showed up. But the issue this time was it kept getting blocked. I changed my pictures, edited the body text, header, and I still got blocked. Tried a different browser and 2 other craigslist accounts. I had posted before but it was like a month before when I was on vacation. You really do have to not make an account and do your post that way while providing a phone number to verify, an email address, and a confirmation email.

All that effort to make a fucking post? Damn. At the very least I do like craigslist's new feature where it shows multiple pictures by hovering over the little image of them. It almost makes it feel more like a personal hook up/dating site now. But the hassle to use it is really troublesome but it pays off sometimes.

• Administrators
Yeah I got lost in how to post in "personals > men seeking men" and it took a while to figure it out.

You have to categorize the post like this:

personal/romance >

dating, romance, long term relationship (ltr) >

i am a man seeking a man >

and then choose the geographic area you want it posted in

I don't know why they have these separate sections, since most of the posts in "men seeking men" are NOT ltr posts -- they're just guys looking to suck cock.

THANK YOU! I owe you one... That's the answer I needed when I started this thread. Who knew you have to pick ltr for hookups?

Just to clarify for everyone. Clicking "sex with no strings attached" will put you the Casual Encounters section. Click on "dating, romance, ltr" and then you can click "i am a man seeking a man" and you will be put in the Men Seeking Men section.