I wonder why it is that bottoms so outnumber tops...

Guest Matias47

• 2 weeks later...
"women give tops more holes to fuck" I have occasionally been known to refer to women as "three socket jobs". No misogyny intended - men are "two socket jobs".

yeah but i've found that a lot of men don't find that extra socket worth the expense or trouble they have to go through to get it,18 years of child support payments have never popped out of my sockets

• Upvote 1

All you ever hear about is tops or bottoms. What percentage of gay guys are versatile? Being versatile gives you the best of both worlds!!

Agreed. Most guys I've been with have been versatile with one or two exceptions. Idk.

There are many versatile guys as well, but I think full versatility is rare, as most prefer being top or bottom, depending on the time, mood, and the guy. So if I were to classify all men I've been with, more than 100, I'd say 60% were bottoms, 30% tops, and 10% fully vers. So yes, bottoms clearly outnumber tops.

It's impossible to know why it is like that, we could say so many things, yet don't find a definite answer. I just say it's nature's will, more gays are born to be bottom.

• Upvote 1

I get tired of hearing from bottoms who can't get hard .. if they wank their hard dick then they have the ability to fuck. I think it's too many chems and they are lazy.

The best sex I usually get is with other versatile guys where we can fuck and swap roles all night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 years later...

Being a Top I consider it a blessing that most of the guys I fucked didnt ask or demand that I reciprocate.

The above mentioned quote sums up how I feel. Sometimes I think bottoms can be more selective than tops. Sometimes I feel bottoms have more choices than tops. Sometimes I feel bottoms have more fun than tops. Just think, a bottom can take load after load after load from as many tops as he chooses. But there's a limit to the number of loads any top can release in a defined period of time.

From my perspective as a top I just think many bottoms tend to be unnecessarily aggressive in their pursuit of cock.

There are plenty of tops available to satisfy bottoms. Nature is in balance. Play your cards right and you will get your fair share. And then some.

If man couldn't masturbate, I think there would be more tops and vers boys.

With that said, I don't enjoy topping. I don't even like getting sucked. I've tried. When I rub one out, it's not about the penile stimulation I like, it's the ejaculatory muscles kneading my prostate.

Being perceived as a top, I'm often forced into this role I honestly and utterly do not enjoy.

Guest ff-whole

My theory is... If you're a bottom by nature, you're clearly not straight - women just don't have the equipment to satisfy you. But for someone who's a top by nature, it's easier to take the easy route and be straight. To a point a hole is a hole - and women give tops more holes to fuck. You've gotta really be into masculinity to take the hard road and be gay when you're a top.

Maybe I am the exception then... I am most a total bottom with men just for the sex... 

But with women I am with them for the sex and for the affection and maybe love...

So I am bisexual but definitely not gay... I just like the hot and perverse male sex as a bottom slut... and I had one woman that could give me a nice fisting too... ;-)

I feel there are several reason bottoms outnumber tops in the USA.

Culture: If a culture is masculine like Brazil, or Mexico you will find more tops because the culture demands them to be as masc as possible. If a culture lets men be what they want like Spain you find mostly vers guys because there are no expectations. Note that their cultures may have changed as I haven't been to either one in about 8 years.

Taboo: American culture was very masculine, but in recent years became more open minded towards men. This allows men to declare they are a bottom without people thinking they should be treated like a woman, but not all of the masculine culture has left yet. And this makes it so bottoms get shamed, slut shamed, and thought less of. However its still taboo, and many men will fetishize something that is taboo. When bottoming doesn't lose your masculinity in our culture is when you'll see allot of men be vers I feel.

Submission: I feel most people on this site fall into this category. If you want to be submissive its easier to be sub from bottom than top. You can sub from top, but requires a stable play partner to do it properly. Since most on here prefer hookups, bathhouses, and anon ect. its allot easier to be sub bottom than sub top even if they tried and liked sub top.

Performance: Allot of men especially younger ones are afraid to top because they think they'll be bad, and to be fair they probably will their first time. After getting over performance anxiety they will probably become strictly top for a while then vers.

Overall I don't think most people are strictly tops or bottoms, and after they care less about what others think will become vers. However on this forum I feel most fall into the sub category, and will stay bottom mostly unless they get a dom bottom partner.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think rawcumhole has some excellent points. In my conversations with men, I don't think many of us are truly 'total bottoms' or 'total tops' for that matter -- while many ENJOY bottoming very much, I don't know a man who truly doesn't enjoy the feel of his cock inside a hot, warm mouth or arse --  it is more about the psychology of it and falling into roles and stereotype and owning them vs challenging them. I truly think if performance concerns were a non issue that 80% of us would be versatile (or at least vers/btm, vers/top)