How can I delete my profile/account?

• Administrators

One question we get a lot is how to people's profiles. The short answer is that we don't delete profiles - we just let them go inactive. There are a couple reasons for that...

First, given the nature of the forum, people often want to delete their profile 'cause they feel guilty. Then they get over their guilt issues and they return. That would create an endless amount of work for us.

The second issue is a technical one... When profiles are deleted all the comments they made get changed to something like "unknown user". That makes past threads difficult to follow since you can't easily tie the comment back to a particular user and if you have two "unknown users" in one thread it's hard to figure out who's saying what. In that sense it's very different than a hookup site. With a hookup site there's no impact to what remains of the site when a user is deleted. Here there is.

Guest cardoc49

RawTOP: thanks for a very nice site - and thanks for not deleting profiles: I have felt guilty myself more than once and have wanted to delete : Im happy that you 'helped' me to stay onboard:-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you can't. He doesn't want to go through the hassle of having to have "user deleted" replies or having to reinstate an account if a person decides to come back. My advice to you is if you want to delete your account, just delete your pictures. And forget your login information.

• 7 months later...