Internet Manners

thick

If a guy, whom I find unattractive, compliments me online. I will respond with a "thank you" (but I do not open my private pics) If this man then takes that response as license to start up a conversation I say "I am not looking" or "I am busy" OR I may never respond to him again. They eventually get the point.

I dont hit on youngsters. my cut off is 35. so ageism is not going on in my mind as to how horrible this new young generation is. people can be rude whatever their age. And yes I have told some guys that I am not interested and most of them say thats cool. However a few become very agitated and will hurl insults.

I guess I get my ego bruised when I go shopping online and I hit on a man whom I would consider my equal and he brushes me off. I purposely search for men my age, who are close to my physical appearance (H/WT proportionate). I dont bite off more than I can chew and go after some 27 year old man with a 7 day a week gym habit who wants a 9 inch dick up his butt, while he is hiking runyon canyon LOL

In other words. If I were shopping out of my sexual "price range" I would expect rudeness.

Hey Thick! I recall about 2-3 weeks ago when I complimented your hairy chest and bush. You were very gracious and polite in responding! Just saying! BTW...I would still love to deep-throat your big cock and sniff your hairy bush at the same time! You are HOT Imo!

I so agree with you. I always try to be nice and while I will respond if they keep at it, I don't give them any hope of meeting up. But, I also think I always shop for my sexual "price range." If I do show above my "price range" I understand not hearing back or not getting anywhere. What really befuddles me is rude responses or immediate blocks. I often travel to Louisville, KY. I've seen all the guys online. I know what they have to pick from. But, it seems as if they all think they are gods. Never seen such a strange town.

The world has always been infested with rudeness. The semi-anonymity of the internet merely removes the immediate, direct and obvious response to such behaviour that would happen in public in the real world - "WOW, you're a total dick!" (or words to that effect) said in a loud voice, and all of the subsequent embarrassment which that should engage.

The fact that such public reproach is nigh on impossible on a mass network of one-to-one private communication removes the threat of the rude person being so evaluated by more than the person to whom they are being rude. In other words, the social pressure to behave is nigh on non-existent. Even if a person manages to get a reputation for being an obnoxious prick on a site, they simply reinvent themselves with a new profile, email address or avatar.

That, combined with the "me, now, all the time" focus of modern western society, makes for a radical upward curve in the actual incidents of rudeness, IMHO.

As for not_sure_bb's point about it being either too time-consuming to reply or invariably encouraging further contact to say "thank you", have you considered saying "Thanks for the compliment, but I don't think we're suited. Happy Hunting!". On most sites you can save a stock reply to this effect and send it by a single click. Thereafter, you've been both polite and clear, so no further communication is necessary.

My particular bugbear is where a guy gets rude because you don't fit some hidden criteria which he has failed to put on an otherwise filled-out profile. I'm not fucking psychic! If you are too lazy to change the age-range from the standard, or say "top" then you're looking to be fucked, then don't be surprised when you get messages from ppl who don't meet the criteria which you HAVE NOT ADVERTISED. You certainly have no right to start abusiing such people.

Rant over. Happy Xmas/Hanukah/End of the world.

I agree that it does not hurt to say HI to someone.

I admit sometimes it is a challenge if I have not read messages in a while and have a bunch.

Some people do expect an immediate reply, and I don't always check immediately.

But I generally agree. Kindness can go a long way

Just saying HI doesn't mean you have to fuck

Guest faggot hole

i am just thrilled when a guy pays some attention to me online, and i always try to thank Him. After all, aren't we all here to learn and hopefully, to get to know interesting (?) people?

BootmanLA explained it well with examples.

I understand that in real life if someone says/does something you would acknowledge the person with a response.

It took me a while to figure out that online no response is a response. It means 'not interested'. I usually reply 'Thanks' to compliments when I'm not interested. But as others have said that sometimes leads to the misunderstanding of interest. But other times I simply get a 'YW' and sometimes they get the hint and quit at that point and very occasionally I've been blocked.

Edited by Totop

Maybe Im from a different generation. Possibly its because Im southern. Is because I have some education? I dont know. What crawls up my ass the most about online cruising is when I give a guy a compliment like..... "nice ass!" or Beautiful body man!", and I get silence in return. I see on my track list where the fucker has checked me out. Is it that hard for someone to say "thank you"??

Lets say I was in a bar and I praised a guy and he looked me up and down, said nothing and walked away. In my mind thats equally as rude. I understand cyberspace gives people a feeling of anonymity, but rudeness is rudeness.

I say thanks to even the lowliest of trolls. Its common courtesy! Ive gotten to the point now that when Im dissed like this I send the bastard another mail saying "youre welcome, asshole."

Yeah youre gonna tell me to grow a thicker skin.......but I know Im not the only guy this type behavior pisses off!

Interesting thread you started, Thick. I am constantly surprised at how rude people are. It takes nothing to be polite and say "thank you". It's good to know that there are others on here that believe in manners, too.

Thank you, Thick.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Agree with this thread, really not much to add to the rudeness/response content. Thanks for starting the thread Hard1; and to the replies.

One additional thing I've been noticing lately are the posts of guys who in one section emphasize "Safe Only"; and then put "barebacking" as a sex interest.

I used to, but no longer get offended nor annoyed by anything that happens online, as it's impersonal, shallow. I think it's way different from real life, as online we do and say much more things than we dare in real life. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

- If I get a compliment and I say nothing, I am a shallow bitch.

- If I only reply with a thanks, I am a bitch, for not saying anything else, or compliment back.

- If the other person takes that "thanks" as a sign of interest, I'd keep receiving messages from a person I'm not interested in.

I am a very educated person, always try to be nice, friendly, supportive to others, not caring on anything as appearance, income, etc. Nevertheless, I understand internet rules, sadly, many psychos and sociopaths online, we can't be totally open and nice to all of them, so I keep it as simple as possible. In real life I have never had a serious problem with anyone, but I guess online, many regard me as a big nasty queen, but since I barely hang out at gay places, have a private kind of life, I don't care much.