Thoughts on NYC Bathhouses?

rawTOP

• Administrators

Ever since Giuliani started enforcing the rules for bathhouses I've always written NYC bathhouses off as a bad idea. Seems private parties have been better. But then again I haven't been to bathhouses. I went to East Side Club maybe once a couple of years ago, but didn't get much action since there weren't many guys there.

Have any of you been going to the bathhouses in NYC? Are any of them any good? If so, what times of the day?

As far as I know there's East Side Club (mostly bears and older guys). West Side Club (what's the crowd there like these days?), and one in Flushing which a fuck buddy told me was pretty good - probably 'cause it's out of the way and off the DOH radar.

Anyway, any info on the current state of the NYC bathhouses would be appreciated...

Ever since Giuliani started enforcing the rules for bathhouses I've always written NYC bathhouses off as a bad idea. Seems private parties have been better. But then again I haven't been to bathhouses. I went to East Side Club maybe once a couple of years ago, but didn't get much action since there weren't many guys there.

Have any of you been going to the bathhouses in NYC? Are any of them any good? If so, what times of the day?

As far as I know there's East Side Club (mostly bears and older guys). West Side Club (what's the crowd there like these days?), and one in Flushing which a fuck buddy told me was pretty good - probably 'cause it's out of the way and off the DOH radar.

Anyway, any info on the current state of the NYC bathhouses would be appreciated...

I have been to both and found both to be boring. I haven't been in a while but I found both experiences to be lackluster and I left after an hour and half. I went to East Side when I first moved to NYC after college in 2004 and was disappointed that there was little action. Most guys just simply walked around the facility in their towel. A year ago I went to West Side and it was the same story there. I did get a blow job but I found the experience to be a waste of my $$$.

I haven't been to some good baths but not in NYC. When I went to college upstate, there was a bath house in Rochester I went to and it was fun. Each time I went, I managed to get fucked and loaded by 3 or 4 guys. Perhaps this was so b/c it was a smaller gay community and a lot of guys needed to get off.

East Side Club seems to be the better. Yes, there are older guys, but some of those older men are very hot and willing to fuck. It's very rare I leave there without cum in my ass.

West Side Club - The Stand And Model - Located in Chelsea, It's a bunch of twinks in towels who stand and model - I have left there not having sex.

The problem with ESC and WSC is they are owned by the same owner who has no interest is spicing up the action, like putting in rooms the can have slings and playing decent music instead of the rap crap that WSC is famous for and the Spanish Crap that ESC can be famous for - Instead of them leaving it on Dance, the guy at the desk can change it to suit his and only his taste.

It would also be better if they stopped the nonsense with the doors having to be closed when people are having sex, even fisting in the open is not allowed. Membership is expensive/There is very little air circulation which makes both places uncomfortable (either way too hot or way too cold) - they can't seem to regulate WSC.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go to the West Side Club years ago. I used to have some fun but even I hear today the facilities are run down and gross. The steam room hasn't been in operation in over a decade and the place itself is dirty and very over priced, you don't get what you pay for. On the weekends guys are too tweaked out on party drugs, limp dicks etc. NYC Is no fun when it comes to bath houses and sex clubs. I have more fun when i travel to London as London is saturated with plenty of bath houses such as Chariots, Pleasure Dome and Locker Room and great play spaces such as The Vault and The Hoist.

Montreal, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale and even Philly are better for bath house action than New York.

I haven't been in the WSC in a decade or more, but was at the ESC a couple of weeks ago on a cold, rainy, Saturday afternoon. I had a very satisfying time playing with two guys, one from Latin America, the other from South America, and yes, we played BB each time. One of the guys was versatile/top, the other exclusively top, so the one guy fucked me (and he was a very satisfying top), the other guy and I flip-fucked each other. I enjoyed blowing my load in his ass.