Fuck Flu?

I've been on holiday for the past 2 weeks and have taken several loads from the local gay scene. In the last couple of days I've developed some minor cold/flu like symptoms.. Being kept at bay by cold/flu medication. What are the chances of this being just a normal cold or the HIV fuck flu?

Either way, I'm gonna get tested in 3 months to find out. But until then, I'm in an unknown land.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Your chances are a lot greater it is just a regular cold/flu. Like you, I test every 3 months anyway, just to keep the STDs under control.

Guest bbosouno

The "fuck flu", based on HIV medical information, "might" show symptoms around 3 weeks after infection. Within those 3 weeks the HIV virus is replicating and the body begins to react by fighting it with cold/flu like symptoms. NOW, some people are totally unsymtomatic - I was one of those.

• Moderators

The standard HIV test can only tell you what your status was roughly 3 months earlier. So you really don't KNOW you were negative before your holiday unless you had been celibate for three months before your test. The only advantage to stopping taking loads now is not wondering whether any of the loads you take between now and then have infected you.

If you enjoy taking loads, why stop?

I've had what I thought was fuck-flu a couple of times but I guess it was just another virus. I had cold sweats, headaches, and I was sure I had pozed. But no. Next time it may be a different story and the only way to know for sure is an HIV test. I'm sure that viral load test would also prove an HIV+ status but those are more expensive and requested once the HIV test comes back positive.

Have had stomach cramps for a few days, particularly when I wake up and for some time afterwards. Never have stomach cramps. Am incredibly fatigued. Occasional headache over the last few days and muscle aches like a flu.

Will get tested in a few months.