How often do you lie to doctors about the sex you're having?

My doctor is gay and into kink. On his website he makes it very clear that nothing will shock him. He is there to help you. Nothing I have told him has shocked him. The most I get is a smile or wink. He is such a cool doc. He has also told me many times I have great legs. His male assitants are pretty hot too.

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of you who responded are poz - it's different for you guys... The doctors won't look at you quite as crazy for taking poz loads.

Anyway, I went to the gay health center here for their Saturday morning STD clinic. The questions were minimal and I could tell she didn't really care too much what I said. I'm not sure she even noticed my records say I'm neg.

The issue has been that lately I've been going to DOH clinics and they ask all sorts of really detailed questions - like precisely how many guys you've had sex with...

Whereas I'm in favour of telling STI clinic the full unvarnished truth, if you're looking for a bit of discretion a line like "And what precisely can you catch from a length of rope, a clean dildo and a belt?" tends to shut them up (personal experience)

I'm probably a bit opaque when answering my doctor who routinely asks about partner/partners, but then an STD speaks for itself. Fortunately she doesn't press for details. As with Bear4Breeding's doctor, my doctor and I spend more time talking about weight, exercise, blood pressure, cholesterol the threat of diabetes than STDs and/or safe sex.

I think a lot of you who responded are poz - it's different for you guys... The doctors won't look at you quite as crazy for taking poz loads.

This statement is SO wrong. When you are positive EVERYTHING matters more, so they do think you are crazy for taking raw loads considering anything you catch as a positive man is going to affect you far more than it will a negative man, even another strain of HIV. Hep C is really bad in combo with HIV. Other strains of HIV can lead to drug resistance which complicates your treatment. Even syphillis is worse. I got it after I got HIV and my doctor said I looked like a 3 year old case of it.

This is why it all the more important to have a Doctor you are comfortable with and can be open about this. Why go back into the closet at the doctors office?

I dated a doctor in the late 90's and he was the one who introduced me to bare fucking. He would not cum inside though.

But do tell your doctor that you engage in sex acts that place you at risk for contracting a STD as he/she makes decisions on how to treat you based on the information you provide.

Honestly, I have never been asked by my doc about the kinda sex that I have. But then again, I don't think I would tell all my dirty lil secrets even if he did ask. I would leave out the good parts and save em just for myself. Fuk, he still thinks I'm taking my meds...I lied to him and told him that I was. He then told me they don't work for me anymore...I wonder why...lol. If he only knew..

I have Callen Lorde in NYC for my gay doctor - The staff is great and when I have had an STD I was 100 percent open and honest...one counselor said "Rough number how many men do you think you had sex with" and I said "One Too Many". I was treated over four weeks and that was it. Doctors should not be judgmental, you go to them to get better, If I ever get the barebacking talk I will tell them "Get over it ! "

• 3 weeks later...

ive always been open about promiscuity, and that i BB..but i dont go into details, and i make that obvious....now if i was a hard partier id get a lecture. Seems like they go the lecture route if you use alot of drugs, or fuck prisoners (they ask that).... but since Str8 people never play safe either (hypocrites)...i dont get any lectures. First thing i get asked when admitting as a BB brother, they always ask if im a TOP.." you dont BTTM do you?" -and we all know why cuz tops dont get it AS easy . but i understand why they wont openly say that (it would be advocating the behaviour).we DO get it from poz bttms, just not as often yet...yet.