Spam? Scam?

bearbandit

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do these guys waste so much time fucking people over, instead of spending that good time just FUCKING?? <g> As a non social media person ( OK- some might even say I am just non social) i refused to do Twitter or Facebook or Farmville or Skype or Linked IN or whatever the next trend among 16 year olds is-- always figured besides cutting into actual fuck time, someone was making a lot of money thanks to me being on those sites. And then watching coworkers fart and fume over the latest post by XYZ - how silly

Cheers, mate... ;) I was concerned that these "phantom admirers" might be running some sort of scam and wanted to warn others.

As to the rest, well, you'll you'll just have to get your ass over to De Cymru and find out, won't you? ;)

Bearbandit, my apologies for making light in my earlier post of what does appear to be a real scammer lurking out there. Especially since I have read on this thread that other reliable posters like Belfast-Bottom, GreenChaser, azpozloadtaker and others have confirmed the identity of your scammer, or similar details of the messaging that you received.

It's too bad that we have to put up with this crap, but I'm glad that RawTop has been made aware of the problem.

Thanks for warning the BZ community about these scammers!

Re your last sentence, I'd be delighted to get my "ass over.....and find out" whether or not you are a Dom Top.

Re your last sentence, I'd be delighted to get my "ass over.....and find out" whether or not you are a Dom Top.

I've been online since before the first graphical browser (Netscape?) so I've had about 20 years experience in spottting scams. Besides I didn't think you were making light of what's a regular experience.

Nearest airports are Cardiff, Bristol or one of the London ones ;)

• Administrators

The following users have been banned permanently based on your information. All of them signed up from the same IP address in the Philippines...

• brixtersilva
  • jeffwalker
  • MasterJones69
  • masterkane44
  • masterkane48
  • mastersteven123
  • ryanwood
  • StudTyler
  • walkwalker2588

One of those users posted on another IP (in the same Class B range) and that IP had a user registration from a suspected scammer, and referrals from users in the list above, so all the users on that IP have been permanently banned as well...

• rustythompson
  • shawnwilliams143
  • EthanCo

The the entire class C ranges for those two IP addresses have been blocked as well.

Please continue to be on the look out and report other suspicious activity.

• Administrators
So why do these guys waste so much time fucking people over, instead of spending that good time just FUCKING??

The guy was in the Philippines. At $50 pay per sale if he can get two people a week to sign up, then he's earned the average income in his country. If he can get one person a day then he's living large. This is how the guy earns a living - how he puts food on his table.

Sir, I thank you.

while I recognise the problems of poverty in the Phillipines and elsewhere, my primary charitable allegiance has to be to my fellow travellers on the HIV road, the reason why I never claim expenses for travel meetings and so on (and believe me, any meeting is going to involve travelling from where I live!). I just don't like to see people getting ripped off which is why I started t he thread in the first place: it just didn't "feel" right.

Thanks to BearBandit for flagging this issue and to RawTop for taking decisive action. Two of the guys on RawTop's list tried to have me add them to Skype and one tried to scam me. We all expect fake profiles or timewasters on adult sites, but it's the financial scammers who can turn you off a site really quickly and prevent you returning.

• Administrators
...it's the financial scammers who can turn you off a site really quickly and prevent you returning.

Unless your a cash slave :) There are sites for that, but no one ever wanted to be my cash slave when I tried one of the sites :(