Possible cure for Hep C

Moderators: please move to whatever thread is appropriate

Possible cure for Hep C

http://www.everydayhealth.com/hepatitis/drug-combo-cures-high-percent-of-hep-c-patients-6209.aspx?xid=aol_eh-news_6_20131104_&aolcat=HLT

Very small study but it says that 97 out of 100 patients that they gave the drug combo to were cured. "The drug was also effective for patients with hepatitis C who already had advanced liver disease, called cirrhosis."

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic news. I've seen what the current cure (ribavirin and interferon over the course of a year to a year and a half) can do to people...it's insanely hard to go through and you've got to be tough as nails to make it through to being cleared. The prospect of achieving a cure in just three months with far lesser side effects is wonderful. We live in amazing times.

• 1 month later...

Some more possible good news from "down under"

There is a small biotec company in Australia called Benetic www.benitec.com who have just got US fda approval to commence human trials of their gene therapy. More on their web site and the announcement was just made on the Australian stock exchange www.asx.com.au co code blt

Hopefully it works..

and no I am not a shareholder..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi rawfuckr.

I read about the US company and it's $100k + for a possible treatment for hep C.. and it will take months to take effect. The Australian group uses gene technology and it will be a one injection. Can't see how that would cost that much.