What exactly defines the #BBBH community?

rawTOP

Check if you think the example is part of the #BBBH  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Check if you think the example is part of the #BBBH

• Guys who are 90% oral, but don't mind getting fucked raw
    • Tops who pull out or bottoms who want tops to pull out
    • Guys who only bareback with guys of their own HIV status and use condoms otherwise
    • Submissive bottoms who let tops use condoms if they want to
    • None of the above - BBBH is more than any of those

• Administrators

I've been wondering what is is that exactly defines the bareback brotherhood (#BBBH). Clearly bareback sex has to be involved, and I'd think that you could sum it up by saying it's a brotherhood based on the exchange of cum. But even that doesn't quite clarify things…

Let's say a guy has an oral cum fetish. He's 90% oral – sometimes he may not even get fucked, but when he does get fucked it tends to be bareback. Would he be a BBBH member?

What about a submissive bottom who lets the top call the shots on whether a condom is used. I'm assuming he'd be a BBBH member, but not his condom-using tops.

Or what about tops who fuck bareback but pull out? Or the bottoms who ask tops to pull out?

Because iBlastInside is so focused on stealthing unfortunately I think some people think #BBBH = Stealthing. I sorta reject that notion. It's a brotherhood - which to me means voluntary participation - people have to want to be involved. I mean stealthers like iBlastInside are part of the brotherhood, but stealthing isn't in any way fundamental to the brotherhood (IMHO).

So lets discuss what #BBBH means.

Edited by rawTOP

Good question. I wondered about it before I discovered iBlastinside's blog. It is a common twitter hash tag. I think anyone who desires and participates in bareback sex can be a member. Oral only doesn't count. I don't think it has anything to do with HIV status, though I'd bet most of the membership are either poz or chasers. Or just not poz yet. No judgements. I agree with you about the stealthing. It might be raw, but it's not a brotherhood concept or activity as brotherhood means a common bond, not a victimization. I do like seeing bbbh on a guys profile.

I like Iblastinside and his blog and respect his right to blog about stealthing but unfortunately it is a lightning rod issue that some condom nazi's used to to define what BBBH meant and so basically some bitch was calling out all the people who has the BBBH in thier profile as being stealthers. I told the cunt he was wrong but he was having none of that, you know how they are. So I think it would be beneficial to define it and then get that out there.

I wish you had an option of "none of the above" in those choices. I think of brotherhood as a group of men with common meaning of their desire, interest, and purpose. I don't think those choices are bad things, but that they represent guys who are getting comfortable with barebacking. I respect their need to take slow steps, but I think they are not yet fully a part of the brotherhood at that point. Now I don't think that a guy who on occasion allows another guy to use a condom, or to pull out would disqualify him, as sometimes we find ourselves in a situation where we want to connect with a guy who is not comfortable with what we do, and that is fine. But typically, I think of a brotherhood member as one who is seeking out other guys who will be willing to bareback, and generally avoiding guys who are not comfortable with it.

I don't believe stealthing is representative of brotherhood. I think of stealthing as only thinking of yourself and not having regard for others. A brotherhood, to me, is not forcing someone to become a member either without his knowledge or against his will.

I'll stop short of saying that exchanging sperm would be a requirement, but I think it is an extremely important part of it.

Guest Raxi Starbeam

To me, BBBH means bare sex, of course, but on a emotional level. I love the jizz joy I get when the load hits my insides. I love the sound the bottom makes when I unload deep in his ass. If I'm really into the guy I'm having sex with, I love the closeness and connection I get with him when raw fucking. Sharing the load-and to a lesser extant, everything that comes with it-is the pinnacle of what brings us together. Knowing there is a group that I can be with and shares my interests is what is good for me.

I think of a brotherhood member as one who is seeking out other guys who will be willing to bareback, and generally avoiding guys who are not comfortable with it.

That captures it nicely for me. I don't consider you a true barebacker unless you are willing to give or take a load without peppering the other guy with a 1,000 questions before hooking up. This is why I love Berlin. The cum goes in the hole. I know I am giving people too much of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to maintaining their sexual health but the occasional STD comes with the territory - although it's been a long time since I caught something.

The guys where I live are starting to get piggier and Lord knows I have turned down some really HOT guys who insisted on rubbering up because I don't want latex in my ass. They are starting to fall into two groups. I have guys who I suck off regularly but I told them I expect them to shoot in my mouth. If they are not willing to do that, I'm not interested in future hook-ups. And thank goodness I've found a few guys who will cum in my ass and who have started to self-organize into play groups. Of course it's a little tricky finding the time to be available since I have a bf (open relationship) but I think it's worth sticking to your guns and seeking out what you truly want and not making any compromises.

The beauty of being a pig is that when I can't find what I want in the moment, I have more than enough recent piggy episodes to beat off to. :grin:

Being a member of the brotherhood to me also means not letting anybody lecture you about barebacking.

It also means not having safe sex plastered on all your profiles but then fucking raw anyway (although I totally understand that guys do that to keep their friends and co-workers out of their business).