I hate this question

xxww

Am I the only one who hates this question on hook up sites? " Where are you from? " instead of " Where are you at? or located? ". I hate this because where I'm from and where I'm located are two different things for me lol anyone have this issue?

Am I the only one who hates this question on hook up sites? " Where are you from? " instead of " Where are you at? or located? ". I hate this because where I'm from and where I'm located are two different things for me lol anyone have this issue?

Well for me they're one in the same, and if the site is tracking GPS (mobile) the question "where are you at?" is already known.

I kind of get where you mean.

I've always had an issue with the "place of birth" thing for official papers and jobs etc.

Place of birth for most is the local hospital. I live in quite a posh area, but the hospital is in a very scabby, rough area. -People see you're born there so think you're "from" there and they judge you on that.

I kind of get where you mean.

I've always had an issue with the "place of birth" thing for official papers and jobs etc.

Place of birth for most is the local hospital. I live in quite a posh area, but the hospital is in a very scabby, rough area. -People see you're born there so think you're "from" there and they judge you on that.

My place of birth hospital is no more, so I hope people aren't judging me on that.

I hate it because Im from Philadelphia but I moved to the mid of nowhere. So if I tell them Im from my location now, they would think I lived there my whole life. Trust me you don't want to get confused with the locals lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate the question, "Where are you at?" since the "at" is completely not necessary and actually introduces confusion to the question. "Where are you?" ... ah there it is.

Took me years to stop the "at" ending of that question ... popular in the Midwest.

Guest JizzDumpWI

When "where are you at" started it was about ones mental state, including state of sobriety, not location. If I recall correctly "Laugh IN" TV show used it that way as well.

I don't believe there is a single question that can be asked that results in answering current location and all the places one has lived before. I interpret the question on hookup sites as "where are you located right now?" If and as we get to know each other then origins become relevant.

I suppose we can solve the current location question by implanting a GPS chip in everyone... :)

Guest JizzDumpWI

*nod* I've always referred to that as 'scripted' sex play TigerMilner. That question suggests a bias; sex has to be you do this, then I do that, then you ... You're right, a boring fuck. I made a different post in general section; but it sort of speaks to this. Rather than find someone interesting and seeing how the sex goes, it too often starts with the scripting part....

Guest mspchaser

For me, this question creates a whole different set of problems. I was born in Colombia, adopted, and have lived in the US since I was 22 months old. So when people ask where I'm from, I'm from Colombia but have no sense of Colombian culture or language. Guys also tend to assume that because I'm Latino that I also speak Spanish. I took Spanish in grade school, but don't speak the language still. Me? I'm about as "white" as all of the rest of my upper-middle class neighbours. So, I prefer to say where I'm located and do everything I can to ensure that the other party also knows that I don't speak Spanish, don't expect anybody to be called "papi" and really am just after a load.