Questions For Bloggers

Blueyedsoul

Hey everyone! So, I've thought about starting a blog. Since I am new to the idea of blogging, who has the better blogging capabilities? Tumblr? What about other hosts/sites? Where should I start? I would like to attract a slightly younger crowd. Basically, I'd would like to chronicle my exploits with my cadre of twinks as well as other regular fuck buddies. Where will I attract the most followers etc? Any thoughts?

Blogger is an excellent starting point but they don't allow you have ads, though a lot them do. I started out there. You can have your own domain name hosted their as well. I've been working on making mine a Wordpress site which is much more complicated but you can do whatever you want. I've never used Tumblr, mainly because my kids do. Alot cool stuff there. If you want to reach younger guys Tumblr is probably a good choice. It's more for posting pics and videos than for writing. That's why I suggested Blogger. It's free too.

Tiger: Thanks for the reply. I was hoping you would since I tend to follow your hotness from afar. I wonder if there's a way to link one blog with a Tumblr account. Similar to here. I would like to capture a younger audience - maybe meet a few new boys - yet also appeal to older since I do not discriminate. It's a catch 22. I guess I want the most potential followers as possible.

• Administrators

The problem with hosted services is that if they decide they don't like you, you'll lose everything when they summarily delete your account (with no warning). That's true of Tumblr & Blogspot. For example, neither allow ads on their sites and will terminate you without discussion if they find them on your site.

If you're OK with that uncertainty, then personally I'd go with Tumblr. Blogger is fine, but it's not as cutting edge as Tumblr. Just the way Tumblr is structured you're likely to get a bigger audience more quickly.

If you're serious about blogging, I suggest getting your own domain. I know Tumblr can publish to a custom domain, and I'm pretty sure Blogger/Blogspot can as well. But with your own domain you can also pay for hosting (cheap shared hosting at an adult-friendly host is sufficient) and use Wordpress. In this scenario you're in control of your data. You can have ads, etc. BUT you're sort of out in a wilderness and will have issues finding viewers.

SquaredSpace is another service I'd recommend looking into. I'm not sure if they're adult-friendly though. But they have really great designs and an interesting feature set. In that case you probably would be allowed to have ads since they charge a monthly fee.

Edited by rawTOP

Hey, thanks for compliment. i also follow your posts regularly. I've thought about reaching out to you but knowing you prefer the twinks, have not. Great to hear you are also into the full grown bottom. lol. RT is spot on. The fact that you can be shut down overnight is very true. That happened to me on xtube when I first started out. Just before I hit 2 million views in less than a year, bam. One day I didn't exist. All they would say is I violated the terms and conditions of the site. No discussion, no appeal. Worst thing about that is that that profile used my name. That is why my current xtube profile is called Banned4good. It is my personal "Fuck You" back to them. I'm surprised it has lasted. I got my own domain about a year ago. I figured since I do have alot of followers, not registering it might mean down the road someone else could. Hey, I might like to become a brand some day! lol

I LOVE reading blogs by tops. There are a few great ones. They are so much better than the infinite amount of blogs by cumdump bottoms. I love a good blog either way, just really get into reading the point of views of a top. Funny thing is I get about 50/50 in terms of followers. I like that and I find it interesting. That is one thing good about Blogger. They give you analytics that track who your followers are, where they are from, what kind of computer they are on, etc. I find that kind of demographic info fascinating. I love knowing that 35K men a month jerk off to my stuff. THAT gets me off.

Tiger: Thanks for the reply. I was hoping you would since I tend to follow your hotness from afar. I wonder if there's a way to link one blog with a Tumblr account. Similar to here. I would like to capture a younger audience - maybe meet a few new boys - yet also appeal to older since I do not discriminate. It's a catch 22. I guess I want the most potential followers as possible.

Tiger: I love all men. I watched most of your stuff and read most of your writings. You are hot as hell. The reason why I mainly write about twinks is that that was what my last partner was. He was a 18 when we met. Nothing like a hot twink jock who approaches a chubby guy like me and say's, "I am so wanting a relationship with you." So, for four years we played house until I he said he wanted to taste other dick but didn't want an open relationship. So at 23 I sent him packing. The first place he went....All Worlds in Palm Springs. Go figure. Prior to the twink, my ex of 6 years was a hot latino bodybuilder bottom who was 10 years my senior. He still has an amazing body and we are friends. Before the two of them, all partners were my age or older. And in my world, when it comes to sexual pleasures, either you got "It" or you don't. I know right away. Having "It" knows no boundaries of age, ethnicity or disability. In fact right now, I am consistently banging an older mixed guy who is in a wheel chair. He's close and hit me up one night. He was being a cum dump. Turned up neg and said he was done with being a dump however I was always welcome. Guess what? I see him at least 2x a week! In the end, I like all. You just have to have "It." And believe me, many men here have "It." You are definitely one of them!

And remember, I do write about my older black men who I love from time to time as well. God, I just love men.

Edited by Blueyedsoul

You say it so well Blueyed, and I had blocked from my mind your stories about your escapades with older Black men since I like to fantasize that all tops are always tops. lol. Kidding, Sort of. But i get what you are saying. I used to say I was into "older" men. I was 21 when I met my first partner who was 29. That was an older man. Then at a certain point, I had to stop saying it when it because that I was just into old men at that point. I've never been into twinks, yet my most frequent and longest lasting fuck buddy is a latin twink, who is now almost 27. It's been 5 years of hot 9" uncut cock and even though he is way too young to consider a relationship with, I can't seem to give him up. I don't write about him, (much) or do videos with him. He thinks my blog is hot but doesn't want to be videotaped.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Tiger: I love all men. I watched most of your stuff and read most of your writings. You are hot as hell. The reason why I mainly write about twinks is that that was what my last partner was. He was a 18 when we met. Nothing like a hot twink jock who approaches a chubby guy like me and say's, "I am so wanting a relationship with you." So, for four years we played house until I he said he wanted to taste other dick but didn't want an open relationship. So at 23 I sent him packing. The first place he went....All Worlds in Palm Springs. Go figure. Prior to the twink, my ex of 6 years was a hot latino bodybuilder bottom who was 10 years my senior. He still has an amazing body and we are friends. Before the two of them, all partners were my age or older. And in my world, when it comes to sexual pleasures, either you got "It" or you don't. I know right away. Having "It" knows no boundaries of age, ethnicity or disability. In fact right now, I am consistently banging an older mixed guy who is in a wheel chair. He's close and hit me up one night. He was being a cum dump. Turned up neg and said he was done with being a dump however I was always welcome. Guess what? I see him at least 2x a week! In the end, I like all. You just have to have "It." And believe me, many men here have "It." You are definitely one of them!

And remember, I do write about my older black men who I love from time to time as well. God, I just love men.

If serious I would go with hosting your own site through a hosting like godaddy, etc. these platforms such as Google and tumblr just have too much uncertainty. I would definitely have my hosting site. If you go with tumble which yahoo bought and probably looking for ways to curb adult content or Google who's robots will automatically flag you and delete your site for the smallest then you'll probably at one point be assed out.

I have tumblr now, but when I get serious and start posting original content I will go with a self hosted site.

I've built three small websites using Yahoo Small Business. No content limits, no bandwith limits, huge storage capacity, and you can advertise anything you want. And you get a domain name and several free personalized email addresses. The only catch is that you'll have to know a little HTML to code your site (they don't provide any templates), but if your only content is a simple blog, that's an easy setu to male from scratch. I think their basic package is about $8 monthly.