Question for Tops about penis irritation after bb sex

To all you Tops out there. I have been a total bottom, and recently barebacked as a top for the first time. The next day the head of my penis was sensitive and it burned slightly when I urinated. This has gone on for 3-4 days. It's too fast for a STD. Is this a common issue, maybe from exposure to bacteria while fucking? Should I go to the clinic or wait a few more days? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Administrators

If it happened 2 days later, it could be an STD, but you're right the next day is rather soon. There have been a few times when I thought I had an STD and it was a UTI instead. Go to an STD clinic - they'll be able to tell you.

Erm... UTI = urinary tract infection? What we in the UK call non-specific urethritis. We call it an STI and it's worth getting treated as soon as possible. Okay, my CD4 count was at an all time low, but I got NSU and couldn't even walk upright, the pain was so bad. I tried to put it down to a CBT session gone wrong, but no. Piss into a glass and any cloudiness says "get to an STI clinic"

• Administrators
Erm... UTI = urinary tract infection? What we in the UK call non-specific urethritis. We call it an STI and it's worth getting treated as soon as possible.

Yes, that's what it stands for. And agreed you'd want to get it treated quickly. But I think you can get a UTI from ways other than sex, hence it's not necessarily an STD.

I have this issue somewhat often. I have been tested numerous times and nothing found. No STI's, no UTI's. I have come to the conclusion that I just have a sensitive cock. Really sensitive. I have found that after I top, whether I seed or not, I get extremely sensitive and irritated. No discharges and no unusual color changes or skin rashes. I have told this to my good friend who's a MD and PHD in infectious diseases. He can't figure it out.

Yes, that's what it stands for. And agreed you'd want to get it treated quickly. But I think you can get a UTI from ways other than sex, hence it's not necessarily an STD.

agreed, most assuredly, but then the UK's leading HIV charity sees molluscum contagiosum as an STI when it plainly isn't (my partner and I spent many an uncomfortable hour draining each other's "warts" twenty years ago which for us happened round the neck area) - excess of beard?

Edited by bearbandit

That's a great idea, the lube, never considered that. I have had this before, when I have only played with dildos and masturbate. I have also had it with a ejaculate stopper ( metal ball you put in you opening) So I know it's not a STI. More likely UTI. Has responded to doxy.

That's a great idea, the lube, never considered that. I have had this before, when I have only played with dildos and masturbate. I have also had it with a ejaculate stopper ( metal ball you put in you opening) So I know it's not a STI. More likely UTI. Has responded to doxy.

Or it could have just went away on its own..

As others have said, it could be the lube you were using. Also For me, I have had guys with a hairy ass really irritate my dick. Usually its when they shave it, and there is stubble, but sometimes even non-shaven has irritated my dick, depending on how i was fucking. just a thought.

One last note, finish all antibiotics! even if it has gone away.

Could be a UTI - I get them now and then, usually if I don't take a piss/clean up after having anal sex. Doc visit is typically the same 'it's not usual for guys to get UTI's, get screened for them - but start meds anyways because the treatment is the same. Usually comes back as being ecoli/bacterial or something and not Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.

I can typically tell the 'tingle' early enough now that if I start increasing my water intake/drinking lots of cranberry juice/etc, it can resolve itself without needing medication, but if it starts to persist for more than a few days and/or you see blood in your urine, get to a clinic.

Could be any number of possibilities, lube seems a likely one. It seems you are having the problem with things (I hope) you lubricated before inserting. It could also be a yeast infection (lubes contain glycerin, the fancy science way of saying sugar alcohol), and can really set that off.

As someone who is allergic to latex, aloe, and has to be really careful about what I do if I even think about taking antibiotics or pain meds (because they make me a into a yeast roll), I know the feeling.