Do fit guys have better erections? More stamina?

• Administrators

Just wondering - to what degree does losing weight result in better sexual performance? I know fit/muscular guys probably get more sex because they're "more desirable", but to what degree does being fit result in better sex? I can imagine that guys who do aerobic activity regularly don't wear out as quickly when they're having sex (especially strenuous sex). I know my favorite position is with the bottom on his belly - which means I'm having to support all my weight suspended in air above him - it's work. If I lost weight, it would mean less to support. If I were more muscular it would be easier to support the weight, etc.

Those are all pretty obvious side effects of better health, but does it extend to things like better erections? Do fit guys have better blood flow and hence better erections? What are the not-so-obvious side effects of better fitness?

What are your personal experiences? Have you lost a bunch of weight and seen a difference? Have you seen a difference in a fuckbuddy who lost weight?

Please don't take this in the direction of "jocks are better at sex than bears" - that's not what I'm looking for. A lot of jocks are so stuck on their appearance (and the appearance of the guys they're having sex with) that they're bad lays. I'm looking more for individual stories than aggregate stereotypes.

And if you're wondering, this is prompted by the fact that I've finally gone back to the gym. Started this past weekend. I've had guys tell me "no, stay how you are - I like bears", but I'm happier when I'm not carrying so much weight, and I'm thinking losing weight can help partially counteract some of the age-related sexual issues I've encountered the past few years.

And one more thing - just because you're thin doesn't mean you're "in-shape" in the way I'm talking about. You may look good, but if you don't do aerobic exercise and work on muscle strength then you could actually be in pretty bad shape (low stamina, weak, etc.)

Edited by rawTOP

Fit guys? yeah, but I think it mostly comes down to cardiovascular health.

Personally going from being overweight couch potato to running 5KM a day made a noticeable difference in my erection quality. In fact I think the best thing I did for my cock was quit smoking.

from my experience, I get hornier when doing more exercises ... there is a period I was busying travelling around and didn't do exercise at all, my libido was low, but when I picked up exercise again libido came back, more hormone production along with more exercises I guess. So it might have a positive effect on top guys and erections as well

If a person is regularly physically active and isn't significantly overweight* I'd say yes, for a number of reasons. Off the top of my head:

Cardiovascular health: less clogged arteries, better blood flow.

(For some guys) less self-concious, more relaxed and in the moment.

(For everyone) regular exercise elevates one's mood (being moody = fickle errections)

and - certainly not least - exercise leads to an increased and more even testosterone production.

* not talking some hypothetical ideal weight, but rather "feel-good" weight. Some guys are naturally burly and if you have the muscles to support your frame, a few pounds of fat don't really hurt you. If you regularly take the stairs instead of the elevator and still have some spring in your step, your weight shouldn't be an issue. If you're always out of breath, that's a different story. On the other hand, being a gym rat doesn't necessarily mean you always feel great. If you're overtrained, the strain on your body and the Cortisone in your system should have a rather negative effect.

I have never written about this before but in 2001 I survived both the suicide of a spouse leaving me with three small adopted children and a cancer diagnosis followed by two years of treatments. By 2006 I had gained 50 pounds thanks to anti depressants. I know what a fat version of myself feels like. Obviously I didn't feel like having sex. I went celibate for five years. When I realized it had been five years I said enough. I went on the Atkins diet and joined a gym, hired a trainer and lost the weight in a year. I've been making up for lost time ever since. For me, being overweight simply made me feel less sexually motivated. I didn't feel sexy. I never let myself get more than 10 lbs overweight anymore. Today I am about 3 pounds overweight according to my ideal weight for my height but my BMI is only 10.9 so I'm doing ok. I'm totally fuckable. Rocking those spin classes a few times a week! But I do like dessert when it looks worth the calories.

I agree with the points made about aerobic exercise and cardiovascular health. Better blood flow is likely to lead to better erections. Exercise seems to boost testosterone levels too. It doesn't need to be strenuous. Swimming is a great and relaxing aerobic exercise that is kinder to the joints than weight training or running. I alternate swimming with work outs at home and I find that I have more energy and stamina as a consequence. My libido seems to be stronger when I've been working out for a while too. The downside is that some gym bunnies OVER train and I've heard that can cause erection problems.

• Moderators

I have always had a hard time maintaining my weight. I can lose fairly well, but I gain it back.

I'm about 5'10". I find that my cock works great if I am below 235 or so. When I am heavier than that, I have trouble maintaining enough of a hard on to fuck. Since I am about 98% bottom, that isn't such a big issue. But I know my husband would love to get fucked now and again. It's just hard to lose the weight. ;)

I think being fitter has a range of benefits which aid a good boner and a longer session (or harder)

a. Your body looks better therefore you feel more confident

b. A hard workout helps with stress and it pumps you full of happy hormones and ups production of testosterone needed to repair which is also the male sex drive drug

c. You tend to sleep better

d. As part of leading a healthier lifestyle you start making better food and drink choices - i.e. if I eat that chocolate bar I am going to have run 10miles to burn it off...pass me the apple

Many years ago I got myself into a relationship with a verycontrol man and I would comfort eat and my weight toped out at 15stone; well Igrew some balls and booted him out of my life and undertook triathlon trainingfor a race and the weight dropped out and then I got myself back out on thehunt for cock and cum and became the cum hound I enjoy being today.

I set my own business up in January and generally because Ihave so busy I stopped my tri-training and noticed a massive difference in sexdrive it was only when I was reading an article about running a small businessand it stressed that its not only the business you need to keep healthy butalso yourself as you are far more productive that I decide that no mater howmuch work I have on I would make time to workout and I feel so much better forit.

Oh, and I've recently discovered that binging on watching Game of Thrones on HBO on Demand gives me harder boners and more stamina, and definitely increases my desire to have sex with a manly man. Especially one with long messy dark hair and a brilliantly crafted leather garment and a huge sword. God the men on that show are hot.

In my honest opinion, there are many benefits to being fit and healthy, one of which is the ability to have greater sexual prowess- harder erections, more stamina, better endurance, and let's not lie- a nice fit guy is easy on the eyes when he's standing in front of you naked.

BUT.......

I wouldn't say that this is the be all end all of being a good fuck. I am about 20 lbs overweight, but it had never stopped me from having a good fuck. Being slightly out of shape does have other drawbacks though- one of which was getting my ass kicked playing soccer with my 8, 10 and 12 year old cousins at a family party last weekend, just because they can outrun the shit out of me. But I digress...

Still though, in the situation of being in the sack, I have been with my share of guys who were out of shape and some of them were phenomenal fucks. On the same token, I have been with some fit guys that were terrible in bed. Case in point- I once hooked up with a 31 year old guy who was a personal trainer. Beautifully sculpted body, muscles, huge 9" thick cock, the whole package. I was so turned on by him but he was TERRIBLE in bed and literally had no shame for it probably because he figured his looks compensated for it. Seriously... He had no idea how to suck cock, was the worst at trying to take cock and lasted about 10 seconds when he fucked me. In all, I would say that it's hard to equate being in shape with being necessarily good in bed.

i've had better sex with average guys to be honest. fat guys are so grateful for a fuck they usually don't last long.

and yes the gym crowd are usually looking round for the mirror and ignoring me that i walk away in boredom.

but as a slim(ish) swimmer-type (not ideal BMI but not bad for my age) guys judge me by the same rules and often

give me a wide berth. till they see my going with average guys and then join the queue. after they usually say they

thought they weren't in my league. huh? i'm bent over for dick, i am there on show for a reason LOL

Apart from the obvious benefits of bloody flow, stamina etc - one thing not brought up is how you see yourself. If a person is carrying a few extra pounds but is physically very confident and feels good, then surely that will show itself physically against someone who is perhaps fitter but less body-confident.

Oh, and coincidently, RAWtop's favourite position happens to be one of mine, too! ;)