Son's Best friend is on Grindr and he's in my guest room.

TigerMilner

Here is a first for me. My son and his best friend who works with him at the Banana Republic are showering and getting ready to go out. I'm doing the same thing. I'm on A4A seeing what is out there. Not much. So I decide to check Grindr. The closest guy to me is only 183 feet away. I click on the profile. It is John. My son's best friend. The same kid who I bought dinner for and who is sleeping in my guest room. In fact, his pic is taken in my guest room. Full face pic. And he used his name. HOLY SHIT. Not sure what to do with this. I was just telling my best friend about how I was lusting after this kid after seeing him around the house so much lately and now I see him on Grindr! It does make me kind of proud of my son that he has a gay guy for a best friend. There are lines even i won't cross. I wonder if this is one of them? lol.

Yeah since you are proud of your so for having a gay friend son't make him ashamed of his dad for hitting on his bud. I will admit it is ballsy for John to post from your guestroom but I think non confrontation is the best policy here! :-)

Oh, I agree 100%. If there is one thing I am good at it's being a dad and I would never embarass him or my son by doing anything inappropriate. I'm just about the coolest dad in the world, and the proof is in my amazing kids. And the fact that their friend stay here more than their own homes. But it doesn't hurt to look or to fantasize.

Wow Tiger, that's a conundrum. That really is a tough one.

Similar situation I had a couple years ago with a new co-worker (VERY good looking guy who asserted himself to be very straight and apparently quite a ladies' man). One night cruising on Craigslist, I responded to an ad placed by a top looking for a bottom and it was HIM! He didn't see my face pic so he didn't know it was me, but I was so tempted to make a move on him but just couldn't do it. It would've made things too weird at work I felt.

It sounds like things are cool the way they are right now between you and your kids, as well as their friends... I would say as tempting as it seems, you might be better off leaving it as is. But... To each his own... If you do make a move, be sure to let us know how it went!

You can remain non-confrontational while still acknowledging the situation. Send him a silly message like "love the drapes/furniture/etc" to compliment something in the guest room. Follow up by mentioning what you said about being proud of your son for having an outgoing best friend (maybe don't pin him down as 'gay' just yet). Keep it light, non-sexual and non-threatening.

We've all had experiences where we run into someone we know from a non-sexual situation in a sexual environment. Personally, I've found that NOT acknowledging it actually makes it more awkward than simply breaking the ice and moving on.

That's a tough situation, and I agree it would be hard not to put the moves on him in a moment of weakness. My roommate is straight, 21 years old and has a girlfriend, but there have been times he's come home late at night after drinking and gets very suggestive and overly flirty with me (he knows I'm gay). It's fun, it's hot, a little awkward. One of these days he's going to catch me in the right mood and I'm going to throw him on the bed and rip his clothes off.

He's the proverbial forbidden fruit it seems. I would steer clear cause it could end up causing all kinds of drama if you two messed around. But be there if the kid comes to you for advice or something.

• Upvote 1