Improving Saunas/sex-Clubs: Tops Serviced For Free?

hungry_hole

I'm always very critical about the ambience in saunas and sex clubs. When I go into one I look for all the changes that can be made to improve the chances for guys to have fun. This translates into owners making more money.

One of the local saunas has one double room with a sling in it and no public sling. Guys had access to the sling but only if the guy renting that double room agrees to leave the door of the room open. If no one was renting the sling room, the sling was unused. So I wrote to the owner/manager of the sauna and suggested a few simple changes. One my suggestions was that the sling room remain open for public use unless someone wanted to rent it. It took almost 2 years until I read in Squirt that now the sling was available for play to anyone. A simple change added a lot of value to the place. Now someone renting a locker can jump on this temporary-public sling and give other guys a nice hole to fuck.

My most common issue with saunas and sex clubs is the lighting. Most places don't provide adequate dark area for guys who like anon sex in dark rooms. A sauna in Montreal has 2 or 3 public slings but all in places with lots of light. The usual explanation I get is that guys like to see who they fuck and who fucks them. I say maybe some but there are others who prefer very anon scenes, hopefully without even seeing who fucks them or who they fuck. If a sauna has 2 or 3 public slings put one sling in a place with light, another a bit darker, and the third one in a VERY DARK place, maybe with some blacklight around.

In Santiago, Chile, there is the sauna 282 which is very crowded on weekends. They have made absolutely no improvements to the facilities other than installing more lockers and some "bags" where you put your clothes in when lockers are sold out. Past 3am it's packed with mostly young guys drunk and horny after the bars, but most guys are stuffed in a dark hallway on 2nd and 3rd floors. There is a semi dark room but not good enough that also has a big mattress which ends up full of guys sleeping. Next to the dark room there is an old Jacuzzi room which now doesn't work. I would close the entrance to the Jacuzzi room and open the entrance from the dark room. That way provide a very dark area for guys ho like it dark and anon.

Because of the Internet saunas and sex clubs are fighting to stay afloat. But saunas still offer something special, a more anon action. In a sauna there's no need to discuss stats, including age. Just look at each other and go for it.  How to improve them?

If I were involvement in the design of a sauna or sex club I would device a system where "quick-tops" can get serviced for free. A quick-top is a horny guy (doesn't have to be a total top) who wants to quickly get off because he doesn't have the time or because he likes it anon. Most guys in a quick-top mood are not willing to pay $10 for a 10 minute anon blow-job. But if there was a way for a quick-top to get serviced anon and for free, I'm sure most would gladly accept the offer. But how can this work?

I'm thinking about the layout of my local sauna which is in a basement and with two entrances. The back entrance which is close to the gloryhole/dark area, is now a service and emergency entrance. Paying customers would come in through the front as they do now. The back area would have be remodelled. The back entrance would have access to a hallway, a small bathroom to clean up, and a set of small cubicles where once the door is closed the guy must be standing up forced to be a top. This area would be monitored by the cashier to make sure rules are followed: no talk, one at a time in the hallway and playing among quick-tops prohibited.

Right now if a guy wants quick no nonsense service during lunch or after work, he must pay. Few guys will pay for a 10 minute blow job or breeding session. If the service is free horny guys wouldn't mind a quick service, even a 5 minute blow job. After all it's free. This would probably increase the number of paying customers looking forward to sucking anon cock or getting fucked anon.

I know it's a crazy ideas but I find that saunas and sex clubs have to be more creative in the services they offer and that way offset the Internet.

• Upvote 1

Kind of confused on the free top thing but I think u have some good ideas. I agree on the darkrooms and slings. Being a bottom that's thecthrill for me having anon sex at a bath house. So I think all the rooms should remain dark. Minimal lighting. Maybe 3 sling rooms. 1. Some light 2 Very little light. 3 the least amount of light.

I think all saunas should have a "Dare to Bare" party once a month. The play on words would attract the barebackers and the nudists. All doors should be removed from the cabins and the lighting should be dim. People would travel for hours to be there. I've seen it happen. And don't let somebody post on BBRT that they are taking loads, the place would be rocking. (I don't think the sauna should post the party on BBRT to avoid running afoul of the authorities). I'd issue wrist bands. Tops wear black wrist bands, get in for free and get a free drink. Bottoms wear white wrist bands and pay full price and pay a two drink minimum. Versatile guys get a black/white band and pay somewhere in the middle and pay a one drink minimum. Masks might be even better to ensure the anonymity.

Edited by bbzh

Themes like "Dare to Bare" or Blackout events when most lights are off are good and attract lots of guys. My local sauna is busy for the Blackouts (last Thu of month) and hit-and-miss on the weekends.

What I'm trying to capitalize on is on making better use of what I call quick-tops, horny guys who just wanna get off without major complication hopefully in an anonymous setting.

Right now, for instance, if I young horny guy is leaving the bars and he is horny and just wants a wet mouth around his cock or a nice hole to fuck, he has to decide. Get on Grindr and find a hungry mouth or hole. Maybe, but must negotiate place. Going to a sauna where there's a gloryhole waiting for him would be the best, but does it make sense to spend $15 for a 10 mins blow job or fuck?

A quick-top could very well be a guy who presents himself as a bottom but the idea of a free anon mouth or hole around his cock turns him on. That is why the way quick-tops have to behave is very structured to avoid play between them. They must be in their assigned cubicles at all times and willing to accept anyone to suck them off. The idea of separating the free from paying customers is for maintaining anonymity. None of the paying customers will know who they are sucking or getting fucked by. And the same goes for the quick-tops. Depending on whether or not quick-tops are waiting to get in, there's a time limit for quick-tops to get sucked or for fucking.

On entry to the establishment paying customers can ask the clerk for the number of quick-tops stationed in the back cubicles. Maybe the clerk will say No-Vacancy which would mean a few cocks to suck or get fucked by. Or maybe some nights there will a steady stream of quick-tops going by which would mean unlimited number of cocks to suck.

Having the tops get in to the sauna for free is to hopefully balance out the number of tops and bottoms. I do have a funny memory of being at a sex party where there were not enough bottoms. I think it actually turned some of the bottoms into tops. LOL.

Back to the idea at hand, I could envision a pump and dump station that was totally anonymous as part of a sauna where the tops didn't have to get undressed.However, I don't think they should be able to pick among the holes. It would be totally dark and you'd have 15 min max to dump your load. If you dumped it sooner, you got a partial refund. Bottoms should have to pay for every top they service with a cap on the amount of time they could occupy the station.

Interesting topic. I have been thinking about starting a new sauna/baths/whatever for some time. Just a pipe dream really, but I have been thinking alot about it. I think that bathhouses are in more demand BECAUSE of the internet. I have noticed that A: no one wants to host an encounter, B: there are more "DL" straight guys getting into the market, C: there are lots of guys looking for 3 and more ways, which are hard to set up through CL or whatever, D: It's easier for younger guys to "feel better" about their choice of having sex with another guy and neither of them having a place to get it done, other than car or park play. Anyway, even just a simple place with a few cubbys and a shower/bathroom area would get some traffic. Something like that would be easy to do and low overhead. It would probably be possible to do it covert, like a rave. The entry fee could be handled through a phone app, and automatic entry through an electronic door. I used to go to the baths years ago, and loved the experience despite the poor condition of some of the infrastructure. I think baths will prosper like the movie industry did after video tapes came out. Just lots more people in the market. The nearest baths is 2.5hr away from where I live now :(

• Upvote 1

Guest ff-whole

Go check out the saunas in Holland... cabins have locks and some gloryholes but are all free. You just pay for an entry fee and that's it...

Cruising areas where either red light or blacklight... Steamworks in Arnhem was very classy and good but 't bolke in Enschede was older but more action...

I didn't like Chile 282... the one downtown Banos Metro was smaller but much hotter. And the one near Moneda, Bario Brasil was also hit or miss but okay... Banos Metro was the one for me.... a lot of gang bang sessions.

bbzh wrote: "Back to the idea at hand, I could envision a pump and dump station that was totally anonymous as part of a sauna where the tops didn't have to get undressed.However, I don't think they should be able to pick among the holes. It would be totally dark and you'd have 15 min max to dump your load. If you dumped it sooner, you got a partial refund. Bottoms should have to pay for every top they service with a cap on the amount of time they could occupy the station."

jeff238 wrote: "I have been thinking about starting a new sauna/baths/whatever for some time..."

I would love to start a sauna but a bit different from the traditional ones. I would maintain a webpage that is automatically updated with the number of people in the sauna at the moment. If I were to implement the free service for quick-tops then I would publish the number of quick-tops waiting to get serviced. I would also pay a lot of attention to location of the door because many guys feel embarrassed to be seen going in.

jeff238 also wrote: "I think that bathhouses are in more demand BECAUSE of the internet."

it's not what you see when you go to the saunas. Compared to what I used to see in the saunas in the 90's they are now mostly empty and/or most clients are older 50+. Older guys don't feel as comfortable with the Internet. Saunas in large cities may still be bring in the guys but I'm suro nothing like it used to be. In Chile guys go to saunas because lots of young guys live with their parents.

ff-whole wrote: "You just pay for an entry fee and that's it..."

Well, most guys who are looking for a quick blow-job or quick fuck/breed session don't want to have pay a fee. Instead of horny guys having to go home and jerk-off, they could use this free service. Ask for permission to enter, enter into the assigned cubicle, close the door, unzip and stick their cock through the hole while they stand.

ff-whole: in Chile the 282 is good at night/early morning. And yes, the Metro es very good. But then again, in the dark one of the windows is not completely covered so the room doesn't end up being that dark. Too bad this sauna is not open at night.

1st thing the tubs need to do is eliminate the food bar. Our local  baths  ( we have 2) have free food events. One offers pizza on leather night, so the result is the older guys check in early, wander around and talk  loudly in the halls because the hearing aid is  in the room so it won't get wet in the steam room. At 10p when the 10  boxes of pizza  are put out, there is a rumbling as  they all shuffle  towards the  free  food- in 10 minutes time it is gone, and for the next hour all you hear are doors  slamming and  shortly after, the PA announces a room is  ready. I don't want to  french kiss a pepperoni breathing  dragon, and I don't want someone with  3 slices of pizza  fresh into their gut  trying to  deep throat my cock with  an unpleasant upheaval. The other tub has a noon BBQ  on weekends, and the same  action there- stampedes for the food, then a flow out the door when the last potato chip or chicken  wing is  gone. Cock should be the ONLY thing on the menu in  these places, maybe a side of ass

To get a  following back, there  might be an express lane  kind of thing- for 5 or 7 bucks you get a locker and a towel for 60 minutes- guys on lunch break could do the tub and get  blown/fuck hole/suck cock, then back to work. And, it would keep  them from the parks and T rooms and entrapment by local cops. Same thing could be done after the bars are closing- maybe  a 2 or 3 hour window  from 1 AM till 3 or 4 AM the door fee could be a 60 minute  fast fuck  for five bucks deal- any overtime would be another  hour at another $5. By then, you are pretty much right at the price of a locker or closing in on it.

As far as luring in the younger guys, man, I am  over 50-- too old to know what these guys are ticking on-- but it would be sweet to see some of the Grindr crowd do sex over text. Hmm, maybe the front desks could  do the $5  for a fast fuck deal and  store the guys phone on a charger until he checks out ( wishful thinking --I hate the guys who  use their phones as search lights in the dark rooms !!)

• Upvote 6

I have also had this fantasy of a mall like setting that is more or less anything goes, clothing optional, and had stores, restaurants arcades, bars etc. The mall proper would be a main street kind of thing with pavement, streetlights, curbs and a park. A logistical nightmare, I know, but would be hot as hell.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, after not  going to the  tubs for a month or  two, I went back this past Friday- I had company in and staying at the house, so I needed  some  time for me--and so THEY could have some private time  and use my sling and toys if THEY wanted- one of the  2 was my original Alpha hole trainer , so I was hopeful he would be a  little piggy  with his BF

The day had been  cloudy, so I had high hopes  the men would be out. I got there and I was  the youngster (and I am  in my upper 50's) I thought back to this post, and realized there is really a very good way to bring life ( and younger guys) into the tubs again. Charge by age with discounts- so in my hazy  steam room head, I figured out if the price of a locker was normally $10 dollars say - then guys who were 60- 69 years old would pay $6 during special hours, if they are 80 , they would pay $8, if they are 20-29, they would pay $2, the 18-19 yr olds would get in for a buck. Young guys  don't maybe have the budget for a $32 VIP room, but could swing a deeply discounted  room, if only for a limited period of time at the discount rate- say 3 or 4 hours instead of the usual 8 hour period. I cannot imagine the  lost revenue on the one side would hurt the owners of the tubs- when only 15 or 20 guys are in the business on a Friday night, the additional cash flowing in, even greatly reduced, would be more than he was taking in when no one is walking in!

What do you guys think--was the steam helping my brain  fire off ideas, or was I just in a haze?

not_sure_bb wrote: "How do the places police the top/bottom ? all the bottoms would say they were a top to get in free."

I thought that I described the design that would make it work. First, it wouldn't be free just because a guy at the entrances says he's a top. Of course not. The place I envision has a regular entrance to access the rooms, showers, play area, darkroom, etc. There would another entrance, probably in the back close to the darkroom, gloryholes, etc. This entrance would lead to small partitions that once they are locked, the guy can only stand. No room to kneel down and try sucking cock. The holes from this back entry would probably be elevated, only for getting sucked, like a slurp ramp. There may be some same-level holes in case the guys using the back door want to fuck ass.

The guy at the cash would have a buzzer to open the door after looking at the guy coming in for free. Once the guy enters he must follow the strict rules of going into a cubicle right away and no folling around amongst the guys would be allowed. Everything is monitored electronically and audio system to impose the rules, all these systems nowadays readily available and cheap. Anyone breaking the rules is banned from the free place. The rules are (1) Walk to assigned cubicle and lock it. (2) No attempting to kneedl down once in the cubicle (3) No talking or interacting with other guys in the free area, (4) Limits on time, that way these horny guys will deliver a load.  It's important to strategically position the entrances, ideally one in the front and another in the back.

I'll explain the idea again. Twenty years ago saunas were popular places to meet for sex and even if all a guy wanted was a quick blow-job, he had to pay to get in. Nowadays, with hook-up tools like Grindr if all a guy wants is a blow-job, why pay for the sauna? But sometimes even something like Grindr is not anonymous enough like the action you get in a sauna. When using the Interent guys have to exchange "stats" and that alone makes the interaction less anonymous. In a sauna, park, etc, no need to exchange stats. There is either chemistry or there's none, so time to move on.

By implementing my idea guys who all they want is to get anonymously sucked or to fuck a nice anonymous ass, can now do it for free. Imagine a constant stream of guys who wanna get sucked or looking to fuck would do to bring in the paid crowds. A guy pays, walks to the back near the play area and looks for the cock he wants to suck or get fucked by. Ideally, the website should have the information of how many cubicles are being currently used. Because really, who cares how many paid guys are inside the sauna if there are five cocks waiting to get serviced? Actually, when the place is packed (paid guys) the back gloryholes would be pretty busy and you may have to wait for your turn.

If anyone owns a sex club/sauna, contact me. One of my fantasies in life is to collaborate on a good sex club. I'm an Interior Decorator kind of guy but I would love to "decorate" sunas a sex clubs.

So thrilled we have a sex club in Fort Lauderdale, much better than the baths, less posers, more action, plus you don't have to take your clothes off to have a good time.   :D  Also it has a BYOB bar so you can drink in between cruising for free and just tip the bartenders.   I just wish they would fix the leather strips that keep the bench room dark. 

I did see an add for a bathhouse in Miami that lets in 18 to 25 (I think those are the ages) in for free.  The problem is that they are gonna only fuck around with each other.