Bareback In College

When I moved college I started exploring having sex with guys(I'm not out, parents don't approve being gay).

First few times I fucked bareback and I loved the intense fucking. After I tested neg back in Devember I started using condoms but it felt like I was missing out.

Right now I'm in a frat and everyone talks about fucking bare which makes the feeling of missing out worse.

I heard of PrEP but my parents can't find out about it, what should I do?

While probably not very likely, it might be available through your college's clinic, if it has one.

If not, you'd need to go see a doctor to get a prescription.

That said, since you're over 18, a doctor cannot tell your parents about anything health related unless you give approval for him to do so as it would be a major HIPAA violation.

Not sure if they could find out if you use their insurance, but I suspect that isn't likely as it would also be a HIPAA violation.  If you don't want to leave any real trace, then you'd have to pay cash for it.  There are programs to get PrEP at reduced cost.

Thanks guys, the trials might be the way to go if insurance/pharmacy doesn't work out. I'll call the project and ask for their help.

Is it best to wait till I'm on PrEP or just go for it and enjoy fucking bareback?

I'll keep you guys posted about getting PrEP!

Edited by TylerDiver

Thanks guys, the trials might be the way to go if insurance/pharmacy doesn't work out. I'll call the project and ask for their help.

Is it best to wait till I'm on PrEP or just go for it and enjoy fucking bareback?

I'll keep you guys posted about getting PrEP!

Anytime these threads come up, I say this.  If you parents would get made about you taking PrEP, how would they feel about you telling them you became HIV+.  

With that said after 18, your records are kept private unless you consent.  You can also call insurance companies and doctors, and give them explicit instructions not to give out into to anyone but you if you desire as extra insurance.  But yeah get on PrEP before you bare back a lot.  Many guys who test positive today are your age, and using PrEP as protection is about the best thing you can do to protect yourself.  

• 1 month later...

PrEP is the move for sure. I'm also in college (east coast). I just went in to the student health center for a free STD screening and asked about PrEP. They were super helpful and laid out how it and the regimen management works. The Rx was only partially covered by my insurance, but the school pharmacist helped find a payment subsidizing program from the manufacturer, which brought my cost to ZERO. 

tldr; Go ask your school's health center, they'll help get you sorted so you can put that pussy to use ASAP ;P

• 3 weeks later...

As a parent with a child on my insurance, over 18, i can still see what medications are being prescribed in my Insurance management page. It shows a picture of the pill prescribed as well as when and where. If you dont want your parents to know then talk to the company first, and make sure they keep the info confidential to you and not just the management page.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the student health center and they helped me out, just like LKMIKE said, my parents can still see everything.

They were happy to help out and prevent HIV. Seems a lot of guys on campus are poz from what I've heard.

I'm on PrEP now since April, got rid of the rubbers I still had left.. been catching up on taking loads in my pussy.

New barebacker on the scene here ;)

• Upvote 5