Hey all,

Really new to the site and enjoying the posts and blogs. I'm contemplating getting into the be scene so it's intereting and reassuring reading all your stories.

I'm almost certain I'm neg and for the time being aiming to stay there until I'm certain about when is right for me to choose bb sex over safe. I am seeing a few regular guys I trust I've gotten to know and who are open about their status.

I think my sex will head down the raw route, i like the feeling of a guy in me raw and I really want to be a multi cum dump. Sex with condoms make me dick go soft as a top, and I have tried so may times to play alone with ancondom to "practice" and cannot maintain a stiffncock in them. I also get very irritated when I get fucked with a condom and can take a longer harder pounding when it's raw.

One question I have to the guys out there in the UK I want to get tested don't know where I am but I don't want to go through my doctors or somewhere that's wants all my details, but I also can't afford at the moment to pay for a private test! Where would you suggest is the best place to get tested?

Looking forward to hearing your views.

You can go to a GUM clinic and just give them a false name. In the eighties I ended up having to keep a list of guys who'd "borrowed" my name and address to have the test and which hospitals they'd used. Not such quite a problem testing these days, and a GUM clinic is a good idea because they're bound by the Venereal Diseases Act of whatever year it was to keep their notes to themselves. This results in situations like I was in a few years ago when I'm on the ward in the hospital which houses my HIV clinic as part of their GU services and my notes weren't allowed out of the clinic.

If you use a false name, do give them usable contact details: many places send out results as a text message. Also it would be a good idea to have a full STI workup: throat, dick and arse, and repeat every three months. It's the advice we used to give in the seventies and early eighties and I think it's just as relevant today as many STIs show few if any symptoms in many people. I would say, though, that STI/GUM clinics have done a lot in the past twenty or thirty years to improve how they treat patients: the attitude of "this is going to be painful and you deserve it because you're a slut" has gone. Their focus is where it should be helping people maintain their sexual health. If NICE ever approve truvada as PrEP, go for it! I've read of lots of guys regretting that they weren't on PrEP but I've yet to encounter a story of someone who regrets PrEP.

Don't believe the guys who say "I'm negative" on the basis of a test last year: they could well have picked HIV up recently and have a viral load in the millions - highly infectious. Strange but true, safest guys are the guys with HIV and an undetectable viral load. Safest because if their viral load is undetectable they're as good as non-infectious, taking their pills regularly and generally looking after themselves, including STI checks, which are always offered when you have an HIV appointment. (And I'm not saying that to get more trade for me!)

Best of luck to you!

I'm almost certain I'm neg and for the time being aiming to stay there until I'm certain about when is right for me to choose bb sex over safe. I am seeing a few regular guys I trust I've gotten to know and who are open about their status.

Just to reinforce bearbandit's comment, guys tested today only know they were negative 3 months ago, and if infected they are likely very infectious right now without them knowing. I usually think that if you are having this conversation with your sexual partners is a good thing, but not a super effective way to keep HIV away. Real risk reduction things you could do is avoid getting loads, but still getting fucked raw, o you being the top most of the time. Obviously PrEP would be fantastic for you but it´s not available quite yet in the UK.

• Upvote 1