The first banned user

rawTOP

• Administrators

There was a user here who just sorta didn't fit in. His posts were a bit preachy and adversarial - definitely out of step with everyone else on the site. Whenever I saw he had posted, I'd groan wondering what he'd said now. I really don't mind different, contrary perspectives, but they have to be presented in a logical, respectful manner. His weren't.

To be clear, I'm all for difficult discussions - whether that be STDs, or the difficulties of being poz. In fact I'd love to see more poz guys talk about the hassles of being poz. I've got friends who spend weeks in the hospital and I suspect it's 'cause of complications related to HIV, but not sure... I really wish poz guys would discuss that side of being poz more. That's the stuff bug chasers need to hear to really make an informed decision.

Anyway, the member in question asked me to delete his account and go surgically through the threads he'd participated in and delete posts that didn't create holes in the discussion. That was too much work, so I just banned him. Banning him is less permanent. If he wants to come back and participate in a civil manner, he's welcome and he'll be reinstated.

The vast majority of you are great and you guys have really created a wonderfully supportive community here with your input. As that grows just know I'll be on top of it and people who are disruptive will be given a chance, and then either have their access limited to non-controversial parts of the site or they'll be banned completely.

I think most poz guys just dont like to talk about the bad stuff. The Daily Meds..having to worry everytime someone has a cold. For me my biggest worry is becoming injured and making sure I alert someone to my status. A year ago I was playing softball and took a hopper right to my noes. Needless to say I busted my nose and was gushing blood everywhere. I had to act like I didnt need help and keep everyone away while I found a towel and then had a friend drive me to the hospital. I wont even go into how the hospital staff treats you after they find out you are poz. I am a relatively healthy person but it definitely has taken some away from me. Many say being Poz is just so freeing...but I am here to tell you there is nothing freeing about being poz..you are just a slave to a different master after you become poz...

• Administrators
I think most poz guys just dont like to talk about the bad stuff. The Daily Meds..having to worry everytime someone has a cold. For me my biggest worry is becoming injured and making sure I alert someone to my status. A year ago I was playing softball and took a hopper right to my noes. Needless to say I busted my nose and was gushing blood everywhere. I had to act like I didnt need help and keep everyone away while I found a towel and then had a friend drive me to the hospital. I wont even go into how the hospital staff treats you after they find out you are poz. I am a relatively healthy person but it definitely has taken some away from me. Many say being Poz is just so freeing...but I am here to tell you there is nothing freeing about being poz..you are just a slave to a different master after you become poz...

See, that's the sorta input I think is really helpful (as opposed to the guy who got banned)... Non-judgmental, personal, and honest...

I really do think neg guys who are considering becoming poz need to hear more stuff like that. Poz guys are largely silent about their lives. If they were just more open about the little stuff I think it would change people's perceptions - and not so much in a bad way. Despite what people think of me I really don't think barebacking is right for everyone. The ones on the fence need to hear the honest truth. Only poz guys can really give those details... It's not something I can do for them - I can just provide the platform for them to talk about their lives...

• 2 years later...

To be clear, I'm all for difficult discussions - whether that be STDs, or the difficulties of being poz. In fact I'd love to see more poz guys talk about the hassles of being poz. I've got friends who spend weeks in the hospital and I suspect it's 'cause of complications related to HIV, but not sure... I really wish poz guys would discuss that side of being poz more. That's the stuff bug chasers need to hear to really make an informed decision.

IMHO the thing is: You can't have both: A truly honest discussion and an atmosphere that leads to sex. If I want you to bend over, I won't necessarily lie, but I will present only one side of me: The tall muscled hunk with that boyish smile and depraved intellect.

If someone presents himself in a negative light a potential mate will move on to the next available male who's giving the impression he's got it all figured out. Once sex is involved, all bets are off.

what bothers me, seeing threads with subject matter about *not* legal teens....that kinda shit is disturbing

way in agreement with you man.that kind of shit is way fucking disturbingthe agreement we all "sign" when enterting this site implies we are legal age and will be communicating with other men of legal age.i sure these assholes can find someplace else with those kinds of threads and wish to fuck they would

.... A year ago I was playing softball and took a hopper right to my noes. Needless to say I busted my nose and was gushing blood everywhere. I had to act like I didnt need help and keep everyone away while I found a towel and then had a friend drive me to the hospital. I wont even go into how the hospital staff treats you after they find out you are poz....

I can understand your concern about bleeding with untrained people, but I. Would find it disturbing to think of a hospital treating a person w HIV differently than someone else (think of others as unknown status). hospitals should use practices to prevent itself-infection with anyone.

I suppose it depends on where you are. I once went to a lab outside of Boston or San Francisco for lab work, and I could sense the tech taking more precautions than they otherwise would.

I once had to go to the hospital after being bitten by one of my dogs while they were scrapping. After telling the nurse that I was HIV positive, the doctor said that I had said that I was worried about infecting my dog. How utterly stupid can some people be. Fortunately my family doctor is in Toronto and I rarely have to see any medical staff outside of Toronto. For those of you in small towns, it is harder to get proper medical help if you are HIV positive. Keep that in mind.

I notice you don't list your HIV status in your profile on here (it says "don't ask, don't tell"). Am interested to hear more about how you came to that decision...