Grindr Weirdness

breederboy

I am baffled by the guys on Grindr. It seems like half the guys on there say they're "not looking" or looking for relationship. I thought Grindr was for hooking up? I've been using it here and there, and haven't had much luck with it. Like after work I'll hop on if I'm horny but literally I might get like 1 message in an hour or maybe 2-3 a day if that. And if a guy does hit me up and we chat they often seem to just stop chatting and leave. At least I actually have a face pic showing unlike many of them. Just wondering if any of you have had similar experience with it. And this afternoon I said hi to a guy and he responded "not interested" I mean how rude is that I mean seriously come at me correct or don't come at all. It'd just be nice if there were any nice guys on there who enjoyed fun and who weren't that hungup or weren't a total psycho.

• Upvote 2

That's what I'm saying! I hop on there, and I browse profiles, and half the guys on there say "don't even bother asking for a hookup" or "I am looking for a relationship" so I don't even bother messaging them. And the rest just seem like total flakes they'll chat but then stop or just endlessly chat. And some guy on there yesterday was extremely rude to me. It seems like younger guys today have zero manners I mean I am 33 but even if I'm cruising for sex I have basic manners if I'm not interested in someone, I won't say a nasty comment, I'll just ignore them. So why do half the guys on there seem like total flakes or claim they are just up for chat or a relationship. Haha if you're looking for a relationship on Grindr, you're pretty pathetic or extremely naive. 

I am going to go back to the old tried and true method of cruising the bookstores lol.

• Upvote 1

I thought Grindr was for hooking up? 

Grindr is for finding Mr Right Now.

Hum, well, actually... no. Grindr is not "for this" or "for that". Grindr is, that's all. It becomes what people make out of it. Obviously all the people you'll find there won't necessarily share the same views and wants as you, or me, or anybody else. 

I have basic manners if I'm not interested in someone, (...) I'll just ignore them.

Haha if you're looking for a relationship on Grindr, you're pretty pathetic or extremely naive. 

To many, ignoring is the rudest form of answer. (me, I don't mind it)

Sorry, but that last sentence sounds... terribly judgmental.

• Upvote 1

I think most of the guys on Grindr etc. that say they are in a relationship, or just looking for friends are just very picky and want to only message the guys they want to fuck around with.  If that weren't the case then half the fucks I've met on there the past few years would never have happened

I am going to go back to the old tried and true method of cruising the bookstores lol.

You said it well.  As an old guy, I can say the net and online cruising has really helped and hurt gay life.  Yes, we're more open and see so many other gay men around and online via the online presence.  But it has, in my opinion, also amplified the absolute worst of gay men - attitude, bullshit, game playing.  I could go on an on.  Moreover, it's killed r/t cruising because too many folks get online, jerk off and go to bed.  

I basically gave up on the cruising sites - Grindr, A4A, etc.  I'm old, they don't want me there, and I don't give a rats ass about their pretty looks or attitude.  Give me a good ole bookstore with some straight-ish hard dicks who need to get off, or a bathhouse full of pigs, and I'm in hog heaven.    

Don't even get me started on the assholes who go to the bookstore or bathhouse and then stand around cruising on their phone.  WTF?!?!?!?!?

• Upvote 1

I met a guy on Grindr. Didn't have a face pic, and he told me that he was straight, and wanted head from a good-looking naked guy. He sent me a face pic, I invited him over. Sexy guy, clearly nervous. I blew him well and swallowed his load. As he was walking back to the car, he blocked me. Out of guilt or shame? Who knows... Pity. I would have sucked his thick straight cock every day.

• Upvote 1

I've had some success with Grindr. I would rather someone say not interested and put it to bed right away than to conversate and nothing happens. The best times I've had on Grindr are when I've been in hotels and the guy was in the same hotel.

Agree. Grindr only works for me when traveling, and staying at a hotel. Well, unless one time, someone living half hour's drive away from me, contacted me on Grindr, and he came over to my house right away, fucked me raw, left again, and never heard from him since (well, so far).

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bukkakio

Have tons of strange stories as well.. Got bred by a "safe sex ONLY" guy, who actually repeated that over and over during the conversation (my grindr profile doesn't state a single word about barebacking, whatever). Cuddled, kissed and left in more than amicable terms, as he was great in bed and adorable after. Morning after I found myself blocked.

Biggest issue with the gay community: it's ok to be a "whore" when drunk and/or horny, but will turn back to self-righteous asshole when balls have been emptied in someone.