Advice Wanted - How do I Avoid Getting into Trouble Now that I'm Poz?

Now that I'm poz, I'm obviously gonna continue barebacking. I don't want to be in the situation where I have to tell everybody I'm gonna sleep with I'm poz, but also don't want to find coppers knocking at my door further down the line.

Most of my chatroom names clearly have the word bareback or cumdump in my username. If I have sex with someone who knows I have bareback all the time, is this enough to protect you.

What are your thoughts on this? When do you need to advise? I guess I'll be careful with the majority of online meets I have. But those I meet in the sauna I guess I won't need to say anything.

Edited by Hotload84

You're going to need to take a look at what the local legislation - and court cases! - tell you. In some places you're required to inform each and every partner that you're HIV+. Will stating so in your profile be enough? Maybe. In other locations, the law/courts may decide that it can be safely assumed you're poz depending on which profile site the hookup was made (meaning if it's on a website for poz men, it can safely be assumed you're poz).

Personally - all my profiles are explicit in me being HIV+, and if the chats don't make it clear, I'll usually ask the other person if they're poz or poz friendly (partly because I love poz cum up my ass, and breeding neg hole, too!) and this allows me to inform my partner.

But in darkrooms, saunas, cruising parks, etc - I'll disclose if asked, but no-one ever asks....

• 3 months later...

I agree with Cumslutnl, you do need to check the legislation where you live and yes in most places you do need to disclose your status to new potential partners.

As regards all saunas be careful man. Gays are the worst and most viscious when it comes to gossip, and are also the most unforgiving. There is every chance you wont go without being noticed by someone.

Oh by the way dont get a horn thinking about prison sex. It's usualy of a very violent nature.

• 7 months later...

Anonymous sex is probably your best bet, if you do not want to be disclosing your status. Have sex in saunas, darkrooms, gloryholes, etc. Nobody whom you've had sex with in a gloryhole is going to come back to haunt you.

The situation changes once you meet a guy, have coffee, dinner, etc. Keep it anon. After all anon sex is hot.

In the UK you need to disclose your status to anyone you have unprotected sex with. This does include oral sex, however the only cases of HIV being transmitted orally are when the blower has had bloody gums, ulcers, etc.

Anybody having bareback sex in a sauna, gloryhole, etc should accept the risks of their actions before starting. The anonymous nature is very appealing to barebackers not wishing to go through the hassle of disclosure though.

Whenever I've seen a bareback party being set up, the hosts have always mentioned that people coming must be aware and accept the risks of playing with guys that could have HIV.

All information on this should have been given to you by your clinic doctor when you were told. Never be afraid to talk to them, the health advisors are very informative and are there to help you understand all of this.

Always be honest online. If I ever face any legal action, there is a string of proof that shows me being up front about my status. Offline? well, I guess its my word against his. Just be honest when you need to be, and/or can be traced, HIV infections is becoming increasingly difficult to prosecute without proof of intent, but still not impossible.