Have you ever been Catfished?

daddyboyleo

On 6/18/2021 at 8:06 PM, Menbendovr said:

I never understood that myself?  Why the heck take a chance that someone will completely be offended or at the least highly annoyed at the deception and then just want to fuck with enthusiasm after that?  Just be up front and honest about yourself and your pics and it will either work out or not but at least no one was deceived.

Used by lurkers and in fake profiles

On 11/8/2019 at 6:27 AM, parvenu said:

Why bother when you are going to meet IRL and look like a clown?

Exactly! I believe tops have more ability to look at a bottom and say "hell no" (since the top to bottom ratio seems to be one top for every one-hundred bottoms here), that's why I tell it like it is up front when describing myself and what I like. It's an utter waste of time to go somewhere and be rejected because of a bald-faced hyperbole/exaggeration/LIE.

I've met up with guys who didn't look like their picture(s) if they happened to send a face pic. I wouldn't call them blatant catfishing because like others have said the photos were obviously older showcasing that magic moment in time when they had the six pack abs or the muscular body. But these for me aren't necessarily a turnoff, I like a top bigger than me, it helps sell the "being controlled" feeling. Plus, most of these are going to be a fuck-buddy at best. Usually I get a pic of their cock and some lower body at most, and I'm good to go. I hope the cock matches when his pants come off, but once my clothes are off all bets are off anyway. Plus if a top tells me to strip once the door closes behind me, well that is a massive turn-on and at that point I don't care about much of anything.🤤

If I was going in for a long-term relationship with someone that I had talked to for a while, then yeah, I'd want honesty. I've yet to meet someone who outright grabbed someone else's pic from the net and surprised me with a totally different person at the door.

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2021 at 4:45 AM, irishlongpig said:

20 years ago i had loads of nice pics of myself online in my profiles 

Within one year i had thousands of profiles worldwide and are still be used in  new profiles 

Still with the videos find them everywhere on almost every sex site 

Its impossible to get them removed and think over a hundred years  they at profiles of people as being them

So you’re basically immortal now. Impressive!

• Like 1

I never assume the photos are representative of the person in real time, and the more attractive they are, the more I’m automatically convinced they’re not.  It’s unfortunate that we’ve come to this level of deception and suspicion. Myself, aside from attempting to choose aesthetically pleasing angles on shots, I make no attempt to disguise what I look like - and as someone who uses Photoshop professionally, I most certainly could.

But why? The jig is up the moment they see you in the flesh, and if you’ve been dishonest, the only way that can result is to give the other person a negative view.

I know that I’m not going to be every man’s, or even most men’s first choice when looking for someone to fuck. But when they choose me on the basis of my actual appearance, at least I know they actually wanted what they’re getting, and what I can actually give them. To date, I have never seen one if my images used by another person to misrepresent himself - one of the benefits of not being particularly photogenic, I guess.

I’ve been catfished plenty, but it doesn’t actually make any difference in my case - I don’t select men, they select me, and when they do, they get me without question, no matter what they look like. With me, catfishing is a waste of time and effort - I’m more or less a fish in a barrel; all you have to do is scoop me out.

Happens all the time where I am, guys just don't want to share actual photos of themselves - even though I tell them I just want fucked - looks don't matter they insist on playing along that they look like their (fake) photo. 

Like @ErosWired it really doesn't matter. I'm a sex pig, faggot, whore. I'll take any cock I'm offered, but it's always a let down when they don't look like their photos. 

I think it happens more times than anyone cares to admit.  I certainly have had my fair share of instances years ago.  Two that stick out are 1.) I drove to meet someone in a driving rain storm not too far from me.  I arrived at his door to find a an elderly gentleman with no clothes on but a diaper profusely telling me I had the right place.  Unfortunately he was not the rugged 30 year old this 36 year old (then) was looking to hook up with.  Like bad child, I did not learn from that and had a catfish incident on A4A.  I was 38 at the time and arrived at what was to be a 34 yo place.  Well, the 60+ gentleman with a bandage over half his chest wanted me to come in.  I politely excused myself and left.  When I arrived back home, my inbox had a message from him making fun of me and telling me I should expect that to happen to me.  I am by no means a slouch in the looks department so I blew off his comments and blocked him.  Not to long ago I had one last episode from Grindr.  Third time is a charm and now I am somewhat more guarded about who I will meet and hook up with.  For good or ill it has affected me.