Affording PrEP?

BlindRawFucker1

In my country the government pays for PrEP on the public health system. Guys get a prescription if they’re at high risk of hiv and it costs $5 for a 3 month supply. To get a repeat prescription you get tested (free) for STIs every 3 months. So it is quite affordable for young guys fucking around raw to afford PrEP. Parents won’t be told anything of course as to do so would breach medical confidentiality and privacy laws.

Guest BBBoyfromTN

A fuck bud a had back in ATL got it for free as he was deemed “at risk” because he was sexually active and under 18. This was some years back mind you. There are quite a few programs available that made meds available to low income guys to prevent the spread of HIV. I’d heard about it but never followed through. They have a program here in Dalllas that does it as well.

2 hours ago, BBBoyfromTN said:

A fuck bud a had back in ATL got it for free as he was deemed “at risk” because he was sexually active and under 18. This was some years back mind you. There are quite a few programs available that made meds available to low income guys to prevent the spread of HIV. I’d heard about it but never followed through. They have a program here in Dalllas that does it as well.

This sounds right...most cities will have programs that focus on the high-risk groups.  When I first started PrEP in Indianapolis, an HIV+ friend of mine referred me to a particular clinic/program that offered all the testing and clinic visits for free (because they were supported by a grant at the time) and had I not had insurance I think they would've helped me get the meds for free/reduced cost also.