Anal Pain Causes

barecubtop

I want to put out some feelers for some pain I've had lately. 

Two weekends ago, I wrote on here that my new bf had bred me a couple times.  The Monday after, I had multiple bowel movements in the morning followed by some anal pain that afternoon.  The pain felt as though I had passed a large, dense stool - but the "stretched" feeling never went away like it normally would for that situation.  It continued on Tuesday, along with making me feel I needed to go sit on the toilet when I didn't really (just gas, for instance).  Fatigue also started Tuesday night.  The pattern continued throughout the week - mild to severe anal pain all day long, and fatigue/fever in the evening.  I started treating it with Preparation H (hemorrhoid cream) on Wednesday night, and it seemed to help...although at other times over the weekend it didn't seem to do a darn thing.  

Over the weekend I was in Chicago for my birthday weekend, and I think my adrenaline and internal body chemistry kept me going other than some downtime in the hotel before dinner each night where I just had to lay down and rest.  

This week, the fatigue and fever have been even worse, while the anal pain is still there but not nearly as severe.  I went to my doctor yesterday and she said she didn't see/feel any external or internal hemorrhoids, but she did notice evidence of anal bleeding.  She did an anal swab for STI's and had me do a urine sample for STI's as well.  I doubt that it is an STI, but we might as well rule them out I guess.

Question to BZ - what could this be?  Have any of you experienced this? Could it be that I had bad hemorrhoids but they're resolving and the fatigue/fever just happens to be from a concurrent flu?  Could there be something else happening down there that I should ask my doctor to look into?  Could it have been from rough sex and it's just taking a long time to heal?  What STIs would cause bleeding and the fatigue/fever?  

Thanks guys. 

Ask about an anal fissure. You may also want to run a google search on that phrase. It would not explain the fever or fatigue, but might fit the anal symptoms.

And ensure that your doctor is checking you for HIV, just to be on the safe side. An anal fissure could be a vector to make HIV infection more likely if you’re fucking bare.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Doctor called on Saturday morning....Chlamydia.  Started doxycycline that evening. 

I AM slightly concerned that it could be something more like LGV (thanks to a BZ regular who pointed this out to me in a private message).  So, I'll be seeing how I'm feeling after a couple days and may ask for an extension of the antibiotic... 

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2019 at 7:59 PM, barecubtop said:
17 hours ago, barecubtop said:

Doctor called on Saturday morning....Chlamydia.  Started doxycycline that evening. 

I AM slightly concerned that it could be something more like LGV (thanks to a BZ regular who pointed this out to me in a private message).  So, I'll be seeing how I'm feeling after a couple days and may ask for an extension of the antibiotic... 

Glad you're not self diagnosing. The symptoms you note are not typically associated with anal chlamydia.  If the symptoms don't go away, might be a good idea to get a work up, blood work. One of the STD's rarely talked about in gay circles (but that is changing) is HPV.  HPV can cause cancer. Again, don't drive yourself crazy with google and trying to self diagnose, that will make both you and your health care provider nuts.  We have a saying in healthcare: "a google search is not equal to my medical degree."   It's reasonable to ask your doctor to give you a work up because any active gay guy is at risk. good luck