Indeterminate HIV results on PrEP

RawSex28

My 4th gen HIV test came back negative. I'm still waiting for my viral load tests to come back for ultimate conclusion, but I'm feeling pretty confident about this since it has been two weeks since my first sample was taken that ended up being indeterminate.

Regarding the 53 conversions, I am using an Online service that is prevelant across the US, so they likely have thousands of patients and I assume most of those 53 were not taking PrEP as prescribed. 

Will update when I get the viral load test back

3 hours ago, RawSex28 said:

My 4th gen HIV test came back negative. I'm still waiting for my viral load tests to come back for ultimate conclusion, but I'm feeling pretty confident about this since it has been two weeks since my first sample was taken that ended up being indeterminate.

Regarding the 53 conversions, I am using an Online service that is prevelant across the US, so they likely have thousands of patients and I assume most of those 53 were not taking PrEP as prescribed. 

Will update when I get the viral load test back

Oh my, congratulations !!! I wish the viral load come back neg for you as well.  Please definitely update us her. May I ask tho, what do you mean online service ? 

8 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

Oh my, congratulations !!! I wish the viral load come back neg for you as well.  Please definitely update us her. May I ask tho, what do you mean online service ? 

I use Nurx, it's an app and online site. They're like telemedicine. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's really accessible, judgement free, and they specialize in PrEP. They mail quarterly at home tests for you to do a full STI check, including throat and rectal swabs, and prescribe PrEP which is mailed to your door each month. You still need insurance and everything else, it's just like going to the doctor's except it's an online PrEP doctor. :)

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ChadAK said:

Good for you! Is this online service you’ve described able to prescribe without a physical consultation?

You'll never have to go in person. They'll send you a kit to collect your own blood and urine samples and mail it in. They still measure for kidney function and all STIs. 

On 8/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, RawSex28 said:

Update: all tests came back conclusively negative.

Not surprising. 15 Years ago or so I had a false positive when I was dating my undetectable bf. Scared the shit out of me, but the follow up came back neg. tests, especially antibody tests are far from perfect and many things can throw them off.  It’s tonight not to get worried in those situations but you got to keep looking forward. 

Ive been on prep since 2012, and frankly don’t even think about my tests anymore. If I have to get treated for something bacterial I do, but otherwise I know the result of the HIV test. 

3 hours ago, Prepped&ready said:

Hetero scums? 

You're a disgusting bigot

Perhaps a bit strong, but certainly it is a completely unfair generalization especially with regard to all the medical and pharmaceutical staff (most of whom are "hetero") who have worked in the field over the years. Surprising and rather sad that we gays have to indulge in the same sorts of stereotyping we accuse the hetero-normatives of.

• Moderators
On 8/13/2019 at 3:43 AM, SubHornyBottom said:

I am just worried that our queer folks are once again thrown under the bus by the hetero scums...

6 hours ago, Prepped&ready said:

Hetero scums? 

You're a disgusting bigot

Moderator's Note: To state that the gay community was thrown under the bus by the straight majority during the early days of the epidemic is factually accurate. I will acknowledge that "scums" is out of line. Also, making a personal attack on someone because they made a personal attack is the height of hypocrisy. We are going to call this one a wash.  Let's tone it down a bit, please. 

• Like 1

I’ve read a lot (not only in this forum) about neg on PrEP and poz on meds but I still have my doubts, IMHO the second situation is safer... all those tests that claim you are neg (even if indeterminate) only state that at the moment you “probably” are neg, don’t forget the latency time of the virus, so... frequently start an stop the PrEP could in my opinion induce a med resistance to the virus.

Poz people regularly on meds are usually undetectable and they don’t have the fear to become poz.

I would NOT say that is better to be poz but if you want stay neg don’t expose yourself to viruses and other bacteria, don’t do unprotected sex, don’t share rigs.

I’m a barebacker, I love it no matter my own or my partner status, but previously I’ve considered and accepted all the possible consequences and I ‘m ready to take any meds, only when necessary, to remove or keep under control any possible MST I could get, in order to protect myself and the others.

Status is irrelevant if you keep yourself in good health and yes I’m feel free... well quite free, I’m married 😉.

2 hours ago, BreedingZoneSucksA said:

I should tone it down for pointing out a disgusting bigot?

I'm a hypocrite for calling a bigot disgusting? 

You're worse than a hypocrite, looks to me like you feel the same way.

I mean...you are just curious right ? You really need to wipe off your cisgender heterosexual privilege if you want to join our big gay family. 

• Downvote 1