American cruise Ships vacations

DarkroomTaker

I travelled with Norwegian from Seattle to Alaska. They organise gay groups on -mainly- straight cruises with a daily Happy Hour and dinner to get to know your fellow gay travellers. Cuise was great, the group was OK. A lot of lesbian and gay couples, not many single men.  Hosts (Aquafest owner Tom and his bf) were great though (yummy boyfriend LOL).

https://www.aquafestcruises.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I’d stick to an all-gay cruise if it’s action your after (I don’t have any personal experience to pass on- just what I’ve heard).  Most gay US cruises seem to involve Mexico, the Caribbean or even Canada in their itinerary, so if you want to stick to just US ports, I think your severely limiting your options.

I’ve always fancied the Key West/Puerto Rico thing: I wouldn’t want to stop anywhere ultra-homophobic like many of the Caribbean islands, and support their hate with my hard-earned cash...

• Upvote 1

I've done a number of Carnival cruises, they also have a posted meetup for the LGBT folks, and like has been mention can be good or bad on that.  But usually the locker room with sauna and steam room (newer ships only have small sauna, the older ships have big steam and sauna) can be little to lot cruisy.   One cruse no matter what time of day I  went there was at least 3 to 10 guys in the sauna, and most were looking to play.. some right in sauna,  in shower stall or bathroom stall.  

I cruise a lot - mostly on Princess Cruises, but also Cunard, Holland America, and Celebrity.

If you’re looking for lots of hot action, I’d recommend looking into RSVP and Atlantis as mentioned above. They charter ships from the major lines and arrange gay cruises. The cost is significantly higher but your quest for action has a much better chance of being fulfilled.

My experience with Princess and Cunard have been very hit or miss. The LGBT get togethers can be fun, but I’m usually the only single guy since most of the other gay guys travel as a couple. Some ships have some cruising in the sauna or steam room, but it seems the stag sauna is disappearing with some ships having instead a co-ed sauna out by the spa pool, and the newest ships not having a public sauna at all in favour of a co-ed “Thermal Suite.”

Sometimes you’ll run across a hot crew member, or more likely, a hot entertainer, but there are very strict rules around their conduct and they’re often risking their job if they play around with you. As one cruise director friend of mine explained to a new medic who had just joined the ship: “You can give a passenger a blowjob in the sauna, but if you go into their room, you’ll be fired the same day by the powers that be.”

¯\ (ツ) /¯ 

• Upvote 1