Hooking up with a coworker

Guest Upstateguy518

I would not really say he is a co-worker, yet a customer I am developing a good repour with on my Delivery route.  Jack runs a photography business out of his home. I deliver and pick-up supplies and finished photos. He seems to really brighten up, when he sees me show up at his door, he pays me more than average complements on my being polite and how much more I go the extra mile, with the pick-ups and deliveries, he also tips me better than most of our other customers. 

I have decided to role with it, and let things happen organically, see where it goes, he does not know I am into men, and I am not 100% sure he is gay; I just have this gut feeling when I am around him. 

On 11/13/2020 at 6:30 AM, Guest beardedbastard said:

He’s clingy. Stay away. Though, you might already have an emotionally immature queen on your hands. Don’t even stay in the same room alone with this guy. The flattery is great but certainly not worth the nightmare that’s sure to follow. 

Exactly. We had one Queen at work who was asking around about me. Total drama, gossipy type. Like saving and showing online profiles types shit. I stayed away from him as much as possible. I’ll get my ass from somewhere else. Alot of these guys w live boring lives and think the drama is exciting. 

Also you have alot of straight men who enjoy the attention and/or benefits a gay man can provide at work. They know they’re not fucking, but they’ll keep that carrot dangling out there for ego gratification, extra customer service (or whatever) or to clown you for your obvious desperation behind you’re back. 

Or worse he could really be gay, and give you the “sorry I’m straight”  or some other “I’m not fucking you specifically” line to let you down easy. That would be smears. 

Edited by BlackDude

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 1:12 PM, DarkroomTaker said:

Never shit on your own doorstep...

Been there, turned bad, I had to leave a job I loved for a bit of dick that later turned sour and led to complications.

However, its your life.

Jack is actually just a customer that I only see on my San Fransisco route on Friday's. Although my Gaydar is picking up some signals, I still don't really have much to go on. We saw each other last Friday, and only just talked about Bicycling stuff. 

• 5 months later...

Yes years ago, however I wouldn’t have called him a co-worker. After becoming poz I moved to a new city for a better job opportunity. I was on manhunt and looking for a raw top. A top with a faceless pic contacted me and we got chatting. Once we unlocked pix  I recognized him. He was the VP of my department however he wasn’t someone I worked directly with or for. He was essentially my boss’s boss boss. Someone I would see in team meetings however not someone I dealt with regularly. Anywho he recognized me as well however we decided to meet up for sex. We hooked up 5-6 other times over a two years span. In my case it worked out in my favor simply because I rarely interacted with him at the office.

my advice is to access your relationship with the co-worker. If he’s someone you regularly interact with, I would not do it. If it’s someone on your team, don’t do it. If it’s someone you have mutual co worker friends, don’t do it. It’s only worthwhile if the person is someone you have little interaction with in the office.