itchy calves

Guest Descartes70817

Have you been walking through undergrowth in shorts recently? It could be that you're allergic to something, possibly even your laundry liquid/powder/pods if you've changed to a new brand recently. Penicillin brings me out in an all over body rash and some HIV meds can bring some people out in a rash. Also syphilis can cause a rash months after infection if left untreated. If over-the-counter anti-itch creams don't help you need to see a medical professional.

Edited by Descartes70817

Most skin problems like this are not diagnosable from a single photograph - and certainly not by non-medical personnel. This is precisely the kind of thing (in the United States, at least) urgent care clinics were developed for - things that aren't emergencies, but may not be something you can wait for days or weeks for a regular doctor's appointment.

Unfortunately you don't list anything relevant at all in your profile online so there's no way to tell whether you live in a place that has easy access to health care. That said, see a doctor, nurse, or whatever you have access to, and let them determine what it is. Asking randos on a sex forum is not likely to be an enlightening course of action.

It could just also be plain dry skin. I get that itchy calf thing mostly in the winter of the year, and when I start scratching it, I can't stop. Could be eczema, even. Calming lotion usually helps. Try that. If it persists or worsens, then you can see a doctor. I'd try a dermatologist or your general practitioner.

• Like 1

Have you scratched there much? It could be anything, but a steroid cream would probably knock it tf out. I get terrible dermatitis on the back of my hands about once a year (not in the past few years though). I think it was related to environmental/allergy factors. The skin got really thick and itchy. Some betaderm took care of it. Anyway, best get something from your MD, PA or NP. In my province pharmacists can  also diagnose and prescribe for skin rashes.  I'd get it looked at. Why suffer with it if you don't have to?

• Moderators

Given that you've had at least four skin conditions that have worried you in less than a year (and a year when Covid slowed down sexual exposure in general, at that!), you'd really be best off getting connected with a dermatologist on the regular.

• Like 1