He bled during oral... panic

so i went off prep for pandemic reasons for 3 weeks and today i decided to go cruising just for blowjobs... but one guy jerked off to cum in my mouth and my teeth hit his dickhead and made some little cuts... so he bled in my front teeth and lips... as i realized i went washing my mouth, theres a faucet in the park. i got scared since it NEVER happened to me before. So i went back home and bought listerine and washed my mouth again with it. My question is... should i get on PEP or its a low risk??? i dont have any sore on my mouth and everything was fast, but im scared...

First, it's low-risk. Not "no-risk" but low.

Second, rather than "panic", which is a useless reaction that accomplishes nothing, use the experience to learn something. You're clearly uncomfortable with risk past a certain point, so factor that into your decisions. Going off PrEP is clearly not a good option for you, so don't do that again; otherwise, you'll find yourself "giving in" to more activities and you're unprotected.

It's understandable to go off PrEP for many reasons: because you lose health care coverage and you can't get on it via an assistance program, for example. Or because your body is reacting badly to one of the drugs in the medication. But the point of PrEP is to have ongoing protection when sex DOES present itself, and obviously it (whether oral only or more) can pop up despite your best intentions. It may seem pointless if you aren't able to make many contacts due to the pandemic, but that's no reason to drop your protection, especially if you're the sort to panic if you might be exposed.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1000GUYS said:

should i get on PEP or its a low risk??? i dont have any sore on my mouth and everything was fast, but im scared...

As for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis, if you are worried, why not talk with your doctor, or go to a GLBT-friendly clinic? But do not wait! If you and your doctor decide that PEP makes sense, starting within 72 hours of the risky sexual encounter is vital.

If you are unable to see your doctor or visit a clinic, any hospital emergency room can initiate PEP. In the US, it is the standard of care after a risky sexual encounter, and there is a protocol. Nevertheless, in conservative states and cities — including even the suburbs of progressive cities like San Francisco — you might have to be very assertive.

Even if they have up-to-date knowledge of HIV prevention and treatment, experience prescribing HIV drugs, and experience serving GLBT patients (the combination of these three traits is unlikely), emergency room physicians tend to be reluctant to initiate PEP (or, for new HIV-positive patients, to initiate treatment on the day of diagnosis, as is now recommended), because they cannot provide follow-up care.

And, unlike PrEP, for which the choice of drugs is simple because only two two-drug combination pills, Truvada and Descovy, have been approved so far in the US, PEP requires complex decision making. A wide variety of drugs can be prescribed, in combinations of three. (In the ideal case, the patient can find out from the known-HIV-positive sex partner which drug regimen he uses, and a choice can be made that will minimize the chance of resistance.)

• Thanks 1

I shouldn't have assumed that you are based in the US, of course, @1000GUYS. You used "maths" in another post, so perhaps you are in the UK. I know that France has a standard, nationwide emergency room protocol for PEP, but I don't know the situation in the UK.

• Thanks 1

Not going to lecture you, because shit happens.

I want to look at a couple things. You happened to notice this "time," but there will be times the same thing happens and the top is polite and you don't notice. Or your gums might be abraded from  aggressive potato chip eating. The virus lasts on!y four seconds outside of the body. Next time open your mouth and let it dry out. The air will kill the virus. It almost has to go from direct open wound to direct open wound. 

But it makes you feel better, go to the ER. Never hurts to play it safe.

• Thanks 1

Guest hungandmean

Oral transmission is ... pretty unlikely. They've tried to do studies and stuff where I live and nothings come back with oral sex, even aggressive or rough oral, increasing risk.

The only thing they ended up coming up with is a recommendation you not brush your teeth 30 minutes before, or after, engaging in oral.

You should be ok dude.