Gran Canaria winter 2021-2022

I am dying to take another fun trip soon after COVID and with my work transferring more and more to remote work I want to try and work for a month and play in my time off - also using some vacation days.

The obvious choice for this in the winter is Gran Canaria, so this is my main goal for now in January 2022.

Can anyone comment on how it’s been this past year, what all is open of bars and clubs and how many guys there are in general out and about?

Perhaps @NLbear has some relevant information on this? 🙂

Edited by NordicBtm
Missed a paragraph

I only went once since COVID and that was last month. I had two trips planned to GC in 2020 and rescheduled and rescheduled again due to travel restrictions but last month I was able to go. First thing I noticed was that it was quiet. Now June tradionally is the low season and plenty of businesses close for vacation in June so I didn't know which venues were closed because of vacation or as a result of COVID. But there were still plenty of gay guys. I also noticed there were few or no visitors from the UK. Most were Dutch, German or Scandinavian. Not all restaurants and cafés/bars were open. Clubs were open but with restrictions (although one would ask if those were kept once inside). I didn't feel like clubbing until late at night so didn't go.

When I was there it was still mandatory to wear a face mask in public, also on the street (not on café terraces and in restaurants). That restriction was lifted in my last weekend but most people (mostly the Spanish) preferred to keep it on. Smoking was restricted to certain areas outside. Most cafés/bars/restaurants had one. 

Until not so long ago some hotels were offering a month's stay for around €700, be it without cleaning and room service. Not sure if they still do. You may be better off renting an apartment. The hotel I was in had a rule that no visitors are allowed in your room (COVID rule). Plus most hotels have key card elevators now I think. An apartment offers you the freedom to have guys come and go without anyone noticing. There used to be gay guys offering apartments for rent on sites like PlanetRomeo and Bearwww.com. Haven't checked if that is still the case. Do keep in mind January is the high season so prices will be up. In January 2022 it it is very likely far busier and things probably more back to "normal" than they are now. 

I'm planning to go back in September. Another postponed trip.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NLbear said:

I only went once since COVID and that was last month. I had two trips planned to GC in 2020 and rescheduled and rescheduled again due to travel restrictions but last month I was able to go. First thing I noticed was that it was quiet. Now June tradionally is the low season and plenty of businesses close for vacation in June so I didn't know which venues were closed because of vacation or as a result of COVID. But there were still plenty of gay guys. I also noticed there were few or no visitors from the UK. Most were Dutch, German or Scandinavian. Not all restaurants and cafés/bars were open. Clubs were open but with restrictions (although one would ask if those were kept once inside). I didn't feel like clubbing until late at night so didn't go.

When I was there it was still mandatory to wear a face mask in public, also on the street (not on café terraces and in restaurants). That restriction was lifted in my last weekend but most people (mostly the Spanish) preferred to keep it on. Smoking was restricted to certain areas outside. Most cafés/bars/restaurants had one. 

Until not so long ago some hotels were offering a month's stay for around €700, be it without cleaning and room service. Not sure if they still do. You may be better off renting an apartment. The hotel I was in had a rule that no visitors are allowed in your room (COVID rule). Plus most hotels have key card elevators now I think. An apartment offers you the freedom to have guys come and go without anyone noticing. There used to be gay guys offering apartments for rent on sites like PlanetRomeo and Bearwww.com. Haven't checked if that is still the case. Do keep in mind January is the high season so prices will be up. In January 2022 it it is very likely far busier and things probably more back to "normal" than they are now. 

I'm planning to go back in September. Another postponed trip.

I'm planning to go in September as well

23 minutes ago, ssoranaid said:

I'm planning to go in September as well

I'm not sure if much will have changed. International travellers yes, because travel restrictions are lifted. But not sure about local restrictions.

I was scouring the typical sites for booking hotels or apartments and actually found one for 760€ for a month rental in January. 40 sqm apartment only 10 min from Yumbo in a tower where all reviewers agree the internet is very good which I will need for my work.

But overall seems likely that in January 2022 there will be some restrictions still in place, though most guys will of course be vaccinated by then.

Thanks so much for your updated info @NLbear, good to hear the place is still active with plenty of guys making the trip and the local economy recovering 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NordicBtm said:

I was scouring the typical sites for booking hotels or apartments and actually found one for 760€ for a month rental in January. 40 sqm apartment only 10 min from Yumbo in a tower where all reviewers agree the internet is very good which I will need for my work.

But overall seems likely that in January 2022 there will be some restrictions still in place, though most guys will of course be vaccinated by then.

Thanks so much for your updated info @NLbear, good to hear the place is still active with plenty of guys making the trip and the local economy recovering 🙂

No problem! I was going to suggest to check the WIFI is good. It isn't in a lot of places. And that apartment sounds like a good deal. I agree that in January both locals and visitors should mostly be fully vaccinated. 

I would love to spend a full month there . So jealous 😉 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NLbear said:

The hotel I was in had a rule that no visitors are allowed in your room (COVID rule).

That's a shame @NLbear I hope that's not the norm as I'm booked for a week in October and another in March 2022.

My thinking was if the clubs are still closed at least I could try the apps and invite someone over.

Oh well it is what it is and I'm still looking forward to getting back to GC as it's been nearly 3 years since I last went.

I'm staying at Buenos Aires - any thoughts?

2 hours ago, RawUK said:

That's a shame @NLbear I hope that's not the norm as I'm booked for a week in October and another in March 2022.

My thinking was if the clubs are still closed at least I could try the apps and invite someone over.

Oh well it is what it is and I'm still looking forward to getting back to GC as it's been nearly 3 years since I last went.

I'm staying at Buenos Aires - any thoughts?

I was in Play del Sol just next door (almost). I'm sure this rule is only temporary. Have never been to Buenos Aires but I believe it's more apartment like? Anyway, I'm not sure how much attention the reception desk actually pays to the comings and goings. 

And not all clubs are closed! 

I also have plans to be there in March next year. Not sure yet if that will go through though.

• Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

Hi guys, well I live here in GC I can’t say so much about hotels rules but I saw that many hotels and resorts have used their inactive season to revamping their structures but at the moment, as @NLbear says, a private bungalow/apartment is the better solution, many clubs are closed but dating is still possible via Apps. The weather isn’t the same as the past years but it’s still the best you can find in EU. The covid situation is critical, we are right now at level 3 of 4, but social life is still possible and the vaccinating plan is running faster after the news about Delta variant (I’m fully vaccinated with Moderna). We hope to stay in better conditions before of October for the high season but GC is always a good place for a relaxing holiday with a satisfactory social life and a lovely weather along all the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fistcumslut said:

I suggest you to check periodically the websites of the local hotels and clubs to achieve more information about your accommodation and don’t forget to check also the online local press.

What should one check in the online local press?

17 hours ago, Fistcumslut said:

I saw that many hotels and resorts have used their inactive season to revamping their structures  

I noticed that too. My room was renovated too. Hotel next door was revamping the pool.

As far as the clubs are concerned, there’s “open” and there’s “REALLY open”.  Call me sex-obsessed (and that’s why I’m on this site), but I’m not willing to book a trip to GC till I know I can walk into Reds, Zoo or the Bunker, bend over a fuck bench and take cock after cock.  A socially distanced snack on the outdoor terrace doesn’t quite cut it- though I appreciate it’s very tough for them, and they need to do everything they can to stay in business.

Also, now the authorities have clamped down on cruising in the dunes, that’s another opportunity for sex closed off to us...