PreP Neg bottom and HIV + top - chances of passing the virus

Hi, I am a neg bottom and i have been having bb sex with a hot HIV + dude since beginning of 2021.

He is undetectable and i take PREP on event-based dosing. He was upfront about his status and i did not mind after i went on PreP.

On occasions, i start bleeding (especially when we try ff) during sex and i stop anal play. He is realy cool about it and we switch to oral. However, i really want him to finish in me on those ocassions, but get scared i get pozzed.

What are the chances, if we continue playing (with my bleeding anus), of contracting HIV? Any advvice will be appreciated. 

Your chances should be about as close to zero as you can get. The science has already proven that undetetable people don't transmit the virus. And even if you did get the virus from him, the viral load would be extremely low at best because he's undectable and your PREP is designed to handle untreated people as well as those spreading it because they don't know they have it. I'd say you're safe.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PupLucca said:

Event based prep is not 100% protection. You need to take prep daily for that. And if indeed you are neg and he’s poz and not medicated you can bet if your ass is bleeding you’ll end up poz

He is medicated. He is quite honest about it and seen his regular  screenings from HIV clinic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

Your chances should be about as close to zero as you can get. The science has already proven that undetetable people don't transmit the virus. And even if you did get the virus from him, the viral load would be extremely low at best because he's undectable and your PREP is designed to handle untreated people as well as those spreading it because they don't know they have it. I'd say you're safe.

This is mostly true, but event-based PrEP is not *proven* to be as effective as daily PrEP. If he was on daily PrEP I'd say you were 100% accurate.

On-demand PrEP simply hasn't been subjected to the same sort of rigorous, long-term studies that daily PrEP has. The limited studies that have been done show that few people using it in the studies have been infected, but they haven't tested the people they had sex with, and with so many people on anti-retroviral treatment, the data just isn't substantial enough to warrant a statement that on-demand/event-based protects as well as daily.

I don't think the OP has much to worry about, but he'd be safer with daily PrEP for sure. So if he has that option, it would make a lot more sense, especially for his peace of mind, to switch to daily dosing.

10 hours ago, lorak said:

Hi, I am a neg bottom and i have been having bb sex with a hot HIV + dude since beginning of 2021.

He is undetectable and i take PREP on event-based dosing. He was upfront about his status and i did not mind after i went on PreP.

On occasions, i start bleeding (especially when we try ff) during sex and i stop anal play. He is realy cool about it and we switch to oral. However, i really want him to finish in me on those ocassions, but get scared i get pozzed.

What are the chances, if we continue playing (with my bleeding anus), of contracting HIV? Any advvice will be appreciated. 

It could be the types of lube your using that cause bleeding or if gloves used you could have latex allergy (as I have).... J lube and cisco mixed is generally good..... BTW risk is zero... Let him fill u with cum x

7 hours ago, fisterm8 said:

It could be the types of lube your using that cause bleeding or if gloves used you could have latex allergy (as I have).... J lube and cisco mixed is generally good..... BTW risk is zero... Let him fill u with cum x

Thanks for the advice, and will definetely let him fill me up.

• Like 1