Gran Canaria cruise bars and darkrooms nowadays?

Pre-pandemic, Zoo seemed to be the bar for a while, much like Strong Construction is today. These blackout Thursdays are new: I’ll definitely try one out when I’m in GC in a couple of weeks time.

Have you had a chance to try the Factory again recently, @Aixactif? I’ve heard some good things about it, but it doesn’t seem to be that popular for some reason.

Noxon also appears to be enjoying the spotlight a bit at the moment- particularly on the fetish side of things…

Was last on GC for Bear Week 2022 and will be back for Bear Week again in March 2023.

Like @Spunkinmyarse will be looking forward to trying out the Factory.

Thank you @Aixactif for the updates, love reading other guys perspectives on places.

Last time I did best at Construction, and I have a couple of regulars that I only ever see in GC who are both attending, so at least a couple of guaranteed loads to lube me up for the anon ones, one Spanish guy from Madrid and an Italian from Milan.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Pre-pandemic, Zoo seemed to be the bar for a while, much like Strong Construction is today. These blackout Thursdays are new: I’ll definitely try one out when I’m in GC in a couple of weeks time.

Have you had a chance to try the Factory again recently, @Aixactif? I’ve heard some good things about it, but it doesn’t seem to be that popular for some reason.

Noxon also appears to be enjoying the spotlight a bit at the moment- particularly on the fetish side of things…

I haven’t been back to the Factory on this trip. I will go, probably for their raw night next week. I went 2x in October during fetish pride. The space is really nice except the floors downstairs were slippery anytime it was busy. 

I will try out Noxon soon too. Last time I was there for a Horse Market event it was a lot of fun. 

6 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Noxon also appears to be enjoying the spotlight

i'm intrigued by Noxon as he's quite verbal on his twitter and JFF re; poz... but i've tried to talk to him on twitter about poz and get very mixed messages.  have thought about booking a trip and going to a poz party just to see what i can get sometime.

Looking forward to visit this march for the bear thing. 

Strong Construction was where it was for me last time. Nothing super amazing, but got bred and bred myself a few times every night. 

Last year I found the whole scene in the Yumbo venues a bit lacking. All the right elements were there, tons of hot horny men, tons of wonderful venues, but in most of them just little to no action. Lots of people walking around with a picky attitude. And boring sexual energy often. Can't remember if it was Zoos or Red, it was one of the nights in the program, place was packed with folks yet people were struggling to hookup. I'm not talking even fucking.

Maybe I've been spoiled by places like Firewood in Madrid or Basement in Barcelona where you always end asking for a lifeline once your hole has been drenching cum for hours and there's still fresh dick lined up making its way into you. Places where most people don't stand on the side and take action.... GC last year, was a far cry from that. Hope this year is different.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NLbear said:

I may go to Bear Week too. Just don't have approval yet for my vacation time.

Hope it's approved @NLbear and you go. We've missed each other by a few days in GC a couple of times before. Would be great to meet up and hopefully there'll be enough cock and loads to keep us both satisfied 🙂 

Edited by RawUK
typo
  • Like 1

By accident, I happened to be out in GC last year for bears’ week too, or at least for the start of it. My (perhaps controversial) observation was that as a group, bears are much more interested in socializing than in having sex. There was a distinct change in the atmosphere of the bars when the bears arrived: much more standing around chatting and drinking in the bar area, and a lot less diving into the flesh pits at the back. Same in the hotel (Axel Beach)- less cruising, more eating, drinking and socializing with friends.

I’ve also noticed as a general rule that applies to all tribes of gay men that guys are a lot less inclined to play as hard and dirty in front of their friends as they might do when they are solo. I suppose it might be the fear of being judged. So many times I see guys laughing and chatting with their friends by the bar, while occasionally making furtive glances sideways into the dark room, but not daring to enter and reveal their inner slut to their friends.

I’m guessing that a combination of the above might have put a bit of a dampener on the usual depravity of the GC back rooms when you were there last year, @rawfuckr. Of course, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with putting sex on the back burner while you have fun with your friends, but as I’ve often said, a good social life plays havoc with your sex life.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, rawfuckr said:

Looking forward to visit this march for the bear thing. 

Strong Construction was where it was for me last time. Nothing super amazing, but got bred and bred myself a few times every night. 

Last year I found the whole scene in the Yumbo venues a bit lacking. All the right elements were there, tons of hot horny men, tons of wonderful venues, but in most of them just little to no action. Lots of people walking around with a picky attitude. And boring sexual energy often. Can't remember if it was Zoos or Red, it was one of the nights in the program, place was packed with folks yet people were struggling to hookup. I'm not talking even fucking.

Maybe I've been spoiled by places like Firewood in Madrid or Basement in Barcelona where you always end asking for a lifeline once your hole has been drenching cum for hours and there's still fresh dick lined up making its way into you. Places where most people don't stand on the side and take action.... GC last year, was a far cry from that. Hope this year is different.

Week to week it changes, and I do think some of the bigger events lead to less sex. I seek out the raw parties and naked nights for the best chances when every place is busy. 

Not long back from GC, and had a great time.

Strong Construction - decent, lots of action, can get a little too crowded at times. This results in the place getting stuffy, hot as well.  The woman on the counter is the owner, apparently making sure the money doesn’t go missing 😂

Bunker - looks dead. Sat in Macho Macho one night watching very few people enter, while Construction had a huge queue to get in. 

Zoo - always a good place to get some action. Friendly staff as well. Dark room a little small, but ledge at the far side to lean against and get fucked by anon guys 🙂 

Reds - very similar to Zoo, I’m just scared of those stairs going downstairs.

Noxon - never been, place is only 2 locales (Construction is 5 in comparison). Mate went and said it was good.

Factory - huge venue, I had a lot of fun here with various guys (sucking / fucking). Czech bed/slings in odd location (beside bar) which I found a little off putting. 5 slings downstairs, various GH cabins, couple of group fuck beds and a bunk bed. I left after having a lot of fun and a loose, crummy ass. 

• Like 2
  • Piggy 1

• 3 weeks later...

Half-way through my month-long trip to GC, and can safely say have refamiliarized myself with the cruise bar scene out here. Although it’s quite busy here during the winter season with guys seeking to escape the north European winter, it’s nothing like it is during peak season events like Pride or Fetish Week, apparently. Fri/Sat nights are unsurprisingly the busiest, mid-week is steady, Sunday is dead. Note to self: on future trips, fly home on a Sunday- you ain’t missing anything here.

Safe to say, Strong Construction (€10 entry: 1 free drink) continues to reign supreme: always busy, and especially so on Friday/Saturday nights when a lot of Spanish guys from Las Palmas show up for the weekend. Still my favourite, simply for the sheer sleaze of the place. No dress code, so men in all states of dress and undress… chatting, drinking, smoking, and of course having sex- all over the place. It’s manic. The back areas can get very crowded: the fuck benches are very popular with head down arse up cumdumps such as myself. Multiple fucks are guaranteed, getting loads is more haphazard- seems to be more about being in the right place at the right time (ie: when a top finally needs to unload) more than anything else.

I’ve had some very good times at Reds, and some less so. They open earlier than all the others, at 8:00pm rather than the usual 10:00pm (Construction is 9:00). This is useful if you’re English like me, and used to getting things started early in the evening, rather than hanging around endlessly waiting for things to get going. Happy hour from 8:00-9:00, which means you get 2 free drinks for your €10 entry instead of the standard 1, which is handy when you’re watching your pennies. On a good night you can expect perhaps 40-60 guys, less mid-week.

Zoo is similar to Reds- similar style, similar number of guys. They don’t open till 10:00, but always offer 2 long drinks for the €10 entry. What marks Zoo out is the staff- very funny, very chatty, very friendly- and they set the tone for the general atmosphere of the place. Both Zoo and Reds offer the opportunity to circulate with relative ease, make eye contact, and follow up with a connection. Strong Construction doesn’t: it’s just too busy. It’s more grab a cock or arse as it passes and see if you can find fuck space.

Factory (the new kid on the block) seems underused and underrated. Shame, because it’s a nice-looking bar. Somewhat cheaper than the rest at €8 entry. Still, there’s a good fuck bed where most of the action seems to take place.

Noxon talks a good talk, but I’ve yet to really enjoy myself there. Perhaps because I’ve only been on ‘off’ nights (eg: Sunday) there have only been a handful of guys there. I understand that Tuesday is very popular with guys who are into piss. Often offers all-you-can-drink beer with your entry fee, presumably to aid the piss scene it’s famous for.

Haven’t bothered with Bunker yet this time, after a couple of miserable evenings there last year. I have seen guys queueing outside a couple of times (weekends), so will aim to try it out again at least once before I leave. I just hope they’ve finally managed to get rid of the overriding stink of sewage in the basement area…

I don’t really count Box and Tom’s as cruise bars- they are Berlin-style bars with back room cruising areas, that no-one seems to use. Still, they don’t charge entry fees, so are good places to hang out for a drink and to be sociable.

Cruise is the only one I have never been to: I’ll endeavour to correct that oversight soon!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the update @Spunkinmyarse, very comprehensive.

Can't wait to get out there for Bear Week 2023, I arrive on the 16th March for 12 nights.

Doesn't sound like much has changed since I was there last year, apart from Factory opening.

Construction is my favourite and tend to do well there, Noxon has never been lucky for me, never had a single fuck there, so won't bother this time. I've had fun in both Reds and Zoo before so they'll get return visits and I will check out Factory.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and keep accepting those loads 🙂  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...