Anal Wart Treatment

So I’m new here so if this has been answered before, sorry in advance.

I bottomed for a top and went raw but now I think I contracted some kind of anal warts. I feel bumps around my anus and I have used a camera to confirm that there are warts there. 

I am trying to remain discrete so I was wondering if anyone know of any topical treatment that works. Or can direct me to an online lgbt+ friendly doctor who can prescribe something for that.

Thank you all!

I've had anal warts before most likely caused by HPV. I had them frozen off. It's a very quick and easy solution, and wasn't even painful. Any Dr. can do it. You don't need to find an lgbtq one. Dr.s are professionals. They see this stuff all the time. They don't judge. Heck, you don't even need a Dr., I'm sure a P.A. could do it.

• Upvote 1

I had anal warts once and they were no fun, but I was able to treat them myself.  Get some of that Dr Scholl’s freeze away wart removal kit.  I held the freeze pads on each wart for 1 minute.  Did 2 treatments per day.  After 4 days I stopped and waited.  They should fall off in a couple of days.  Warning: this is going to fucking hurt.  I ended up doing 2 of the 4 day sessions on a couple of those warts.  They have not returned and cost a lot less money than going to the doctor to get frozen off.   Hope this helps you.  

Take stool softeners... drink lots of liquids during this time to heal and pass stools easy.. it will burn each time. Baths help relief pain..  the doctor solution is faster if you can afford it depending on where you're from. Free for me as a Canadian so it was best option.

• 3 weeks later...

See a dermatologist and get a prescription for immiquimod (Aldera) cream. You use the cream every other night and rub it into the warts really well and don't rinse until the next morning. They disappear in a couple weeks and there's no scarring. Good luck!

• Upvote 2

Get checked regularly and have them removed while they're small.  A small percentage can become cancerous.  Some over-the-counter remedies can cause problems.  It could take your body a year or two to rid the infection.  But, if you're sexually active, you'll never get rid of it!

It's one of the most common viruses.  Now, there is a vaccine for it.  Parents have to get over themselves and make sure their kids get vaccinated.  Of course, in today's world, I ain't holding my breath for that!

I don't have direct experience with this, but a close family member of mine has precancerous HPV lesions that require yearly monitoring and, sometimes, painful excision.

I would urge you to see a medical professional. Over-the-counter remedies are almost certainly labeled "not for internal use". Please don't take risks with a sensitive part of your body!

Let me echo @hairyone's reminder that there is an HPV vaccine. Though it is most effective in young people who have not had prior sexual exposure to HPV, it protects against multiple strains of HPV and can protect adults against strains they have not yet encountered. (Not all strains lead to warts or to cancer.) In the US, the HPV vaccine is now available to adults upon request. Doctors could give it to adults on an "off-label" basis, even before the change in guidance; that's how I received it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fskn said:

I don't have direct experience with this, but a close family member of mine has precancerous HPV lesions that require yearly monitoring and, sometimes, painful excision.

I would urge you to see a medical professional. Over-the-counter remedies are almost certainly labeled "not for internal use". Please don't take risks with a sensitive part of your body!

Let me echo @hairyone's reminder that there is an HPV vaccine. Though it is most effective in young people who have not had prior sexual exposure to HPV, it protects against multiple strains of HPV and can protect adults against strains they have not yet encountered. (Not all strains lead to warts or to cancer.) In the US, the HPV vaccine is now available to adults upon request. Doctors could give it to adults on an "off-label" basis, even before the change in guidance; that's how I received it.

You're getting some good advice here, @LurkingBottom. If you haven't had the HPV vaccine, regardless of your age and the amount of sexual experience you've had, get vaccinated immediately. There are 6 or 7 cancer causing strains of HPV out of about 34 last time I checked the research. There is no test to determine the strains of HPV you've been exposed to, but based on the probabilities, it's prudent to assume it's one of the non-cancer causing strains and that eventually you will be exposed to a cancer causing strain. So get vaccinated ASAP! 

I would get a doctor to treat you and not use any over the counter treatment. Anal warts are very likely to be inside the rectum as well as on the outside. They'll need to be dealt with in there as well. 

Edited by blackrobe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 1:24 AM, blackrobe said:

I would get a doctor to treat you and not use any over the counter treatment. Anal warts are very likely to be inside the rectum as well as on the outside. They'll need to be dealt with in there as well. 

Anal warts can get bigger and multiply.  As blackrobe mentioned, they are likely to be inside but not very deep (only a few inches). The bigger they are or the more you have, the more it hurts when removed. Get checked regularly and get them removed immediately. New studies are confirming that getting them removed early significantly reduces cancer.  I bet studies will show that for most of us, it eliminates the chance.  

The last few I had removed hurt significantly less than any initial penetration from sex with an average cock (honestly, I would even say it "hurt"; just "annoying"; but it was over in a few seconds). And the soreness was very mild; much less than after a good fuck.

• Upvote 1

Here’s the CDC’s fact sheet on HPV (Human Papillomavirus):

[think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

Best to get the information straight from the source.

A couple of things to note -

• There is no cure for the virus itself, only treatment for the symptoms it causes - and it may cause no symptoms for years.

• HPV is so common that the CDC anticipates that practically every unvaccinated sexually active person will get it at some point.

• The vaccine is only recommended for people up to a certain age; after that, its usefulness is questionable, probably because anyone older who has been sexually active has likely already been exposed and developed a native immune response.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:24 AM, blackrobe said:

it's prudent to assume it's one of the non-cancer causing strains and that eventually you will be exposed to a cancer causing strain.

I disagree that it’s prudent to assume it’s not a cancer-causing strain. The prudent thing is to assume it is, and get the warts removed immediately, followed by a dose of vaccine.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BearPleaser said:

I have three natural warts on my nuts. They aren't HPV. Have had some ask about them.

Have you asked the doctor about having them removed?  Could they be "frozen" off?
(The warts. Not the nuts! lol)