Saunas verses Hook-ups

BiCurious100

My preference would be the sauna/bath, generally speaking the guys who are there are there to have sex. I prefer any in person cruising to the apps if there are any guys actually cruising. I do find that the difficulty of hooking up and actually having sex in a location will be similar whether you use the apps are go cruising in person.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

I think it’s one of those “your mileage may vary” situations with bathhouses vs. hotel hosting, dependent on the size of the available population of potential candidates for fucking - a factor I think of as ‘critical mass’.

Louisville, God bless it, does not reach critical mass. It’s simply not a big enough city. It’s big enough to have a bathhouse, but I haven’t been back there in years because I’ve never been fucked there more than once in a visit. To be fair, I always got fucked, but the patronage was simply too sparse. Compare that with the bathhouse I go to in Indianapolis, where activity can be quite brisk at times. Indy has enough men to reach critical mass, even with two competing bathhouses.

Its critical mass in terms of app hookup results, however, is only marginally better than Louisville’s. I think that in order to be able to really pull men in successfully and reliably with hotel hosting, the critical mass of available men needs to be greater by something like an order of magnitude. I found it fairly easy, for instance, to drum up interest in Atlanta (the 8th most populous metro area in the US) versus Louisville (43rd most populous). If you’re in a place like NYC, there’s so much meat on the hoof there’s no comparison.

Also, consider the effect of the social climate - a place like NYC or San Francisco, or even Chicago are going to be places where the view of sex is much more libertine than the Bible Belt South or the conservative Midwest where activity is more furtive, hesitant and clandestine. 

I agree with most of this, but there seem to be other factors involved. The libertine 15th and 25th largest cities Seattle and Portland are among the worst place I've ever tried to hookup, and Seattle is significantly harder than Portland. I know for a fact that it is much easier to hookup and actually fuck in #19 Denver, #21 St Louis, # 27 Pittsburgh, #28 Austin, #40 Milwaukee, #43 Memphis. Moving from Denver to Portland was quite a shock for me, the other cities on my list of smaller easy cities to find guys to fuck with,  are places I have worked for significant periods of time while living in Portland.

I miss the saunas from the pre-Internet era, especially after the bars closed and drunken horny guys would show up ready for action. On weekends there was a waiting list for rooms and the place was booming. I still like saunas but I rarely see the same energy I used to see with tons of horny guys.

38 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

I agree with most of this, but there seem to be other factors involved. The libertine 15th and 25th largest cities Seattle and Portland are among the worst place I've ever tried to hookup, and Seattle is significantly harder than Portland. I know for a fact that it is much easier to hookup and actually fuck in #19 Denver, #21 St Louis, # 27 Pittsburgh, #28 Austin, #40 Milwaukee, #43 Memphis. Moving from Denver to Portland was quite a shock for me, the other cities on my list of smaller easy cities to find guys to fuck with,  are places I have worked for significant periods of time while living in Portland.

Yes, I’ve seen some of your other notes about the dismal conditions in the Pacific Northwest. Very odd, and you’re right, there must be additional factors. Nobody wants to go out in the rain, perhaps?

I guess the ranking of city size depends on how you measure it - The US Census Bureau’s statistics for cities by population actually puts Memphis at 28th, and Louisville right under it at 29th. But it also ranks Atlanta at 36th, and there’s a lot more people in the greater Atlanta metro area than in Louisville’s…’metro area’, if it can be called that. In any case, Flex Spa in Atlanta beats Vapor Spa in Louisville completely in my estimation.

• Upvote 1

I looked at metro population rather than city, in some cases St Louis for example the original city has a population of 300k in a metro area of 2.8m. Everyone lives in the suburbs.

They do love their fetishes in the PNW, like no where else I've ever seen. They seem to have limited interest in the actual sex act. For me the fetish is just an extra on top of a fuck.

Edited by NWUSHorny

• 2 weeks later...

I have never not fucked at a sauna , and often within a few minuets of arriving.

they are also great for my favorate pastime - fucking a spunk filled cumdump.

choose your time well , ie a couple of hours after opening and you will always find a loose pre-filled bottom

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bathhouses all the way, especially when I get to play with guys who usually block me on apps. The downside to the bathhouses is it depends on the crowd when you go and you got to pay (membership, room, etc) 

• Upvote 2

I do both for different reasons but anon group settings will always win out for for me. I use hook ups for a quick one on one fuck. But if I have time on hand I would go to a bathhouse/sauna/ABS/x-rated theater. Here I can mingle and get fucked by several guys. 

I love sex so I’m cool with any time of hookup scenario 

I do kinda like sauna meets as one thing that turns me on most is being watched ( by lots of guys ) and obviously a sauna/bathhouse is the ideal place for that to happen 

I'm into both, but the hook ups (1-1 or maybe the odd threesome) tend to be regulars for me now. There might be a few random newbies (which can be good), if I'm in a bottom mood general hook ups don't really work for me these days, as I don't really accommodate anymore and bottoming at somewhere else's place doesn't seem to work. I used to do it a lot. 

Having skipped them for years, I love sauna sessions these days. There's a lot more choice and you can get much more sex in one visit than in a general hook up.