Best hookup sites

taytay21

I like BBRT, it's easy to use, free and they don't try and upsell you on every page. I used to pay for Squirt and found the interface easy but it wasn't (and may still be) not as well populated as other sites. While many of the features are handy, it costs a bit too much for my taste.

This has been my experience with different sites:

Manhunt (A-)

-Excellent for hookups

-A bit pricey for the features you get, and even if you pay you still get a ton of advertisements on your screen (which I find tacky), free accounts are so limited they aren't worth using

-Camchat is offered but can be slow and has it's limits, other features are so-so, IM feature is buggy and can freeze up

-All types on site (age, race, body type, etc)

-Lots and lots of guys on the site

Adam4Adam (B-)

-Decent for hookups

-Free account is excellent, I have never been a paid subscriber

-No camchat to my knowledge (they do have cams but I believe they are Pay Per View and not member cams), other features are okay, IM is decent

-All types on site (age, race, body type, etc)

-Decent number of guys on the site

Daddyhunt (C-)

-Site is more relationship oriented, though I have still had some hookups off that site (and made a few friends as well)

-Free account is okay, paid account is much better, prices aren't bad if you get a long-term subscription, site could use more features though

-No camchat, other features are so-so

-Majority of guys on site are bears/chubs and most guys are over 40, however there are some guys of all types/ages

-Not as many guys as the other sites

Craigslist (D)

-Mostly flakes and game players, not so great for hookups because of this

-Free to use

-No camchat, no profiles or chat or any of the usual features of a hookup site

-All kinds of guys on the site but mainly nasty old trolls, prostitutes, and out of shape closeted guys wanting a bj while their wife is at work

-Not a profile site, so no way of knowing how many guys use it but I would guess a LOT (I posted an ad while visiting family in the middle of nowhere, Oklahoma, and still got replies, so that is probably the one good thing it has going for it)

Gay.com (F, though I have not been on it in years so maybe it got better)

-Never had a successful hookup off the site

-Don't remember cost so can't comment

-Not sure about cams or other features

-All kinds of guys on site (age, race, body type, etc)

-Decent number of guys on the site

Outpersonals (D)

-Subpar for hookups

-Cost is VERY high for what you get

-Don't remember cams/etc, but site wasn't too great, features kind of sucked

-All kinds of guys on site (ages, race, body types, etc) but tends to be older (50+) and a lot of flakes/game players

-Not many guys on site, most profiles are ghosts (old profiles of members that no longer log in)

GrindR App for iPhone/Droid/Smart Phones (A)

-Decent for hookups, it seems most guys just want to chat though

-Free App, haven't tried paid version though it supposedly has better features

-No cams, but easy to picture swap and chat, stores your conversations which I find handy (easier to remember who the hell I'm talking to, just scroll up and read what's been said)

-All kinds of guys use it (age, race, body type, etc), actually seems to have mostly guys under 45 (guessing older guys aren't into smart phones or something?)

-Decent number of guys, seems to have more and more on each day

-My two criticisms are how quickly it drains my iPhone's battery, and for some reason guys are shown as offline when they are online (and vice-versa)

I've been on BBRT, it's a decent site, especially if you are looking for any heavy kink. It's main drawback is that there's not nearly as many guys using it as other sites. I didn't put it in my list mainly because I haven't been a member very long and haven't really used it much.

I love BBRT and was amazed when I joined, I got a successful hook-up within minutes, after having tried all day and gotten really frustrated on A4A. I've tried just about everything but mostly just use BBRT and A4A. I've gotten around the BBRT community in my city a bit too much, there's not too many dudes left for me there, about 50 regulars and 200 beyond that, sort of a small little pool of people to choose from. The one thing I love about it is most people on there are forreal, looking for sex and not wanting to fuck around.

Craigslist is only really good for posting an ad seeking anonymous loads. You will get lots of emails and response. I just hate the trouble of finding a good 1 on 1 on there, its a lot of trouble exchanging pics and email, plus the site is NOT bb friendly, they take down a lot of ads and people flag stuff and I've even seen people "out" a bottom as poz with a new ad moments after they posted it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am on A4A, BBRT, Silverdaddies, Manhunt, Dudesnude.

I get the greatest number of hook ups from them in that order, plus they are most used in that order. Right now there are:

A4A-44 residents and 64 visitors online

BBRT - 3 residents online

Manhunt - 16 residents online

It is around 11 am here now.

I use both Manhunt and BBRT. I find a lot of flakes on Manhunt, a lot of guys who have "safer only" in their profile but want to bareback, and the tendency to chitchat rather than hook up is annoying.

BBRT has fewer guys on it, but they're seriously into playing and they tend to be way more direct. I also like the "traveling" feature so you can see who's visiting town and can post where you'll be visiting. The party and quick connect ads are great for making hookups easy.

I had an account on A4A for a while but just never found the kind of guys I wanted.

Anyway, the mobile client for BBRT also rocks.

<end of unpaid ad for BBRT>