Are there periods of time when you cease looking to have sex due to your own lack of interest?

NWUSHorny

Are there periods of time when you cease looking to have sex due to your own lack of interest?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are there periods of time when you cease looking to have sex due to your own lack of interest?

• I'm always horny and looking for sex
    • It goes in cycles, there are periods of time when I'm not really interested
    • I don't feel the need to have frequent sex
    • I am interested in sex but never actually act on it
    • I'm not really interested in the physical act of having sex
  2. 2. Your age range

I have always known that there are guys that apparently do not have the need to have as much sex as I do, but am kind of curious how many guys actually go through cycles in whether they feel they have the need to have sex?

For me personally I am always horny, and while life circumstances may prevent me from actually acting on it at times, I am still thinking about it multiple times a day. This has been true for me since I started having sex as a teenager and is no less true for me at 52.

I went through a serious health crisis a few years ago where I was not able to act on my needs/desires for roughly a year, but even during that time I was still continuously thinking about it my dick was still getting hard and was still jacking off frequently except when I did not have the privacy to do it. This is the 1st time in my adult life that I went for any extended period without having either a regular partner (only did that once for a brief period in my 20s) or seeking casual encounters on a regular basis. I was just barely able to walk without a cane the 1st time I went back to the bathhouse after my illness. Unfortunately just as I was regaining my full physical mobility (I had been back to doing what I could for a year at that point and just a couple of weeks after my 1st sexcation post illness sexcation) the pandemic struck, and once again I went for several 2-3 month periods where I either didn't want to take the risk or could not find anyone locally willing to take the risk with me. I started actively seeking again just as soon as I was vaccinated. Luckily for me one of the local bathhouses had reopened several weeks before that and there was some pent up need for sex so it was, at least by local standards, readily available at that point. I'm definitely ready for my 1st pandemic sexcation and hope circumstances allow it soon.

I think I'm coming out of the celebate cycle and am wanting to get back into action.

I find these are the most difficult times in this cycle, though....I want to make it count with a good experience, but those are never guaranteed.  Guess I'm being a bit picky at the moment, meaning I'm still in my somewhat-dry spell.  You'd think I'd be annoyed or frustrated about it, but I'm actually not.  The guys who have been hitting me up lately sink their chances within a few messages (drug use, uninteresting propositions, etc.)

Here's hoping I can find a guy with an interesting proposition where we have great sex that may lead to a regular release.  That's my personal aim.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

I'm horny to some degree or another most of the time, but the level varies quite a bit.

You could say I cease looking due to my lack of interest, but it would be more accurate to say that my interest isn't sufficient for me to believe that looking for sex is a good use of my time. Out here where I live (small town WV, more than half an hour from the nearest "decent size town" of over 10k people) it takes rather a lot of looking - or else a trip to a town or city - to get sex.

• Upvote 1

@LetsPOZBreedSo are you actually not horny and wanting/needing sex or just lack opportunities? I can certainly understand rejecting drug users and uninteresting propositions, I have rejected quite a few of those myself, but if the opportunity to actually fuck or get fucked with a guy I have any attraction to, arises I can't think of a single instance where I have rejected it.

@viking8x6I can understand that, we go through a period every summer where it seems like trying to find someone is more effort than it is worth. What is even more frustrating for me is the summers here, everyone seems to want to hang out naked with each other all day at the nude beach and not have sex, and then hit the bathhouse that night and still not have sex, which drives me to near insanity. For the sake of my sanity I usually force myself to stop trying locally from sometime in July until September.

@highcountrybbMaybe it is unfortunate for me, but I am just as horny at 52 as was at 18. I don't have time to act on it as much as I want/need, but it never goes away.

I'm always in the mood for sex, but am not going to cry if I don't get it. Price to pay for living in a rural area. Besides, it make the encounters that do happen all the hotter. The surprise encounters I wasn't expecting are all the more fun.

• Upvote 1

Like @YourNoLimitsBottom, I'm always in the mood for sex. (And I'm assuming this thread is about sex with another person and not masturbation.) And I'm definitely not going to cry if I don't get it! And I live in a big city.

If I could've modified the answers, I would've selected, "I'm always horny and amenable to sex." I have a number of hobbies that require my full focus. And when I'm involved with any of those hobbies (which could be days or weeks at a time), I'm not actively looking for sex. But if someone hit me up and said, "Let's fuck!" I more than likely wouldn't turn him down!

Even when I setup a sex session and the bottom flakes for whatever reason, I don't usually get upset. Cause I can turn my attention back to whichever one of my hobbies I'm currently involved with.

And at the end of the day, I jerk off most nights before going to sleep if I haven't had sex with some guy during the day. So I still get that release. And without what can sometimes seem like an effort....

• Upvote 1