Doublist charging now

Oldercumslut

19 hours ago, Oldercumslut said:

Well Doublist is now charging subscription of $5-$10/month.   In my area that means it’s pretty much useless.  

Don't take this as criticism of you in any way, shape or form - because it's not! - but the problem isn't really Doublist is charging; it's that you (and I, both) live in shitty places. Or rather, we live in sort of blueish outposts otherwise in a sea of red, replete with all the ignorance, inbreeding, and bigotry correctly associated with the hellhole that is the South (outside of a couple of major metro areas like Atlanta and New Orleans).

I suspect you could PAY people to have ads on something like Doublist and the pickings would still be slim both there and here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, john54476 said:

red or blue, men are men and want to fuck any thing that moves as well as anything stationary as long as hole can be found to bury their bone in and dump a load

Bullshit. The majority of men won't fuck another man - and there's no evidence whatsoever that they would.

2 hours ago, john54476 said:

red or blue, men are men and want to fuck any thing that moves as well as anything stationary as long as hole can be found to bury their bone in and dump a load

I’m afraid that simply isn’t true. Even among gay men, indiscriminate penetrative fuckers are a distinct minority. Tops are a demonstrated minority significantly overbalanced by the number of bottoms, and among Tops, this forum is full of posts about Tops who are either selective, highly selective, or so selective that they hardly ever get around to penetrating anyone at all. I used to operate under the assumption that any man would fuck a hole if presented with any opportunity, but my experience hosting as a cumdump bottom for any cock simply has not borne that out.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, john54476 said:

the point being missed in my remark is that it is not a red blue issue, if you want to breed or get bred

That isn't what you wrote, however. You wrote that "men are men and want to fuck anything that moves". 

"Fuck" is an active verb. The top fucks, the bottom GETS fucked. The bottom does not "fuck". 

So by the very words chosen your statement is bullshit because there are a lot of gay men who don't fuck.

There are a lot of gay men who don't fuck OR get fucked - they limit themselves to oral and/or masturbation.

There are men who don't have sexual relations of any sort, either by choice or lack of desire.

There are straight men who will fuck women (in general) but not men, at all. In fact, that's MOST straight men.

There are straight men who will fuck SOME women, but not all, and not any men at all.

There are straight men who will fuck SOME women and SOME men but nowhere near "all" of either.

In other words, your original statement was just... wrong. Flat wrong, on its face.

Now if what you REALLY meant is that there are horny men in both red and blue states who want to fuck, then sure, that's a legit statement. A completely unremarkable, immediately obvious statement, but a true statement nonetheless. The point about red vs blue as originally brought up, however, was about relative numbers of willing, able and available partners, and if you don't think that red state vs blue state makes a difference there, I'd suggest you go live for a few years in a deep red state like Alabama, in a typical small city there, and compare.

3 hours ago, john54476 said:

FYI, My state is generally Red with the exception of two large cities, I do live in a small rural Town in a died in the Red wool county.

Sorry, I was going by your profile, which says you live in Wausau, which (last I checked) had nearly 40,000 people in it, so a city of some significant size (not a "small rural Town").  I can understand, however, that you might not wish to name the small town as that might somehow hint at your identity to the locals, were they to pore the dark corners of the internet, stumble on this forum, and find your profile. So - safety through obfuscation, check. 

That said I sincerely doubt that in such a red county all of the men, to use your formulation, "want to fuck any thing that moves as well as anything stationary as long as hole can be found to bury their bone in and dump a load".  Given the relative rarity of gay men in such regions, and the fact that women in such communities are much less likely to be sexually promiscuous themselves, I'd wonder how you'd have any time whatsoever to get online if there were that many men in your dyed-in-the-red-wool county needing to fuck anything that moves.

2 hours ago, john54476 said:

@BootmanLA, my small city has a population of around 2,200 and has been shrinking the last 15 years. 

As I said, I understand that you might not want to post the town where you actually live in your profile, as in such a small place you might be more readily identified from your profile. I was merely noting that your profile claims that you live in a city of over 30,000 people.

Otherwise, I stand by my assessment that it's simply untrue that *every* man is looking for hole to fuck.