Is there hope for a gay guy that loves his brother?

SilverMoon

Sorry for not answering these days. I had tons of work and spent many hours with my brother. Chances are against me, why would he ever want to be with his brother? I don't wanna planning schemes about how he will fall for me. The other day he asked me to rub his back and so I did. Actually I overdid it, I had him lie down and rubbed all of his back. He feel asleep. That moment I got to taste what happiness feels like. For that tiny moment I was happy. And the memory of this makes me happy. But me being with him is a day dream. I jerk off thinking of him. I try to cope.

• Moderators

This is definitely a difficult situation, but I don't think that there is no hope. I have had a few brushes with family issues (with a few cousins as well as with my brother), and I think one key to navigating them successfully is to be very clear-eyed and open-minded and think about things from everyone's perspective.

It sounds to me like your feelings are OK, and so are your brother's. Both of you love the other one, and you have a good relationship. That's a truly wonderful thing, and in my life experience, not nearly as common as it should be.

You have romantic feelings and physical attraction for him. You don't know if they are reciprocated, and probably he doesn't either. I'm guessing from other clues in your posts here that you are in a culture where homosexuality in general is not socially acceptable or is marginalized. Even though you are close in age, the viewpoint he learned while young may be rather different from yours, and he may have a lot of trouble accepting any feelings of his own toward other men, let alone toward you.

You are comfortable around each other physically (you can sleep together and even massage him and you are both OK with that). That is also great, and also not all that common (at least in my culture). That makes things a bit easier in some ways and harder in others.

A number of people have mentioned counseling, and I think you would probably find that helpful. What you also might find very helpful is to try and look at things from your brother's viewpoint, if you can. What does he feel about his relationship with you, and about living with you? What does he feel about his romantic life, and his sex life? If you don't know, perhaps asking him about those things (very carefully, and not in any way suggestively) might give you a lot of perspective about the issue, and maybe about where some of those feelings (both yours and his) come from.

Blessings on you for happiness and for a continued great relationship with your brother, no matter what form that takes.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

This is definitely a difficult situation, but I don't think that there is no hope. I have had a few brushes with family issues (with a few cousins as well as with my brother), and I think one key to navigating them successfully is to be very clear-eyed and open-minded and think about things from everyone's perspective.

It sounds to me like your feelings are OK, and so are your brother's. Both of you love the other one, and you have a good relationship. That's a truly wonderful thing, and in my life experience, not nearly as common as it should be.

You have romantic feelings and physical attraction for him. You don't know if they are reciprocated, and probably he doesn't either. I'm guessing from other clues in your posts here that you are in a culture where homosexuality in general is not socially acceptable or is marginalized. Even though you are close in age, the viewpoint he learned while young may be rather different from yours, and he may have a lot of trouble accepting any feelings of his own toward other men, let alone toward you.

You are comfortable around each other physically (you can sleep together and even massage him and you are both OK with that). That is also great, and also not all that common (at least in my culture). That makes things a bit easier in some ways and harder in others.

A number of people have mentioned counseling, and I think you would probably find that helpful. What you also might find very helpful is to try and look at things from your brother's viewpoint, if you can. What does he feel about his relationship with you, and about living with you? What does he feel about his romantic life, and his sex life? If you don't know, perhaps asking him about those things (very carefully, and not in any way suggestively) might give you a lot of perspective about the issue, and maybe about where some of those feelings (both yours and his) come from.

Blessings on you for happiness and for a continued great relationship with your brother, no matter what form that takes.

I think things have greatly improved in my country about being gay but huge steps still need to be done. Most young people would be cool about one being gay but the same does not apply for people in the 40s and older.

He was always asking me to rub or scratch his back. We were watching some ASMR videos (which pretty much have relaxing sounds and personal attention routines to relax you) so sometimes I do something similar to him. I've even washed his hair. We also cook together. Usually, because I return home before he does, I cook for him. I love the feeling that I take care of him. But I think he does too, he bakes some oat cookies for me so I always have that for breakfast.

About his romantic life? I think he's horny all the time but he's not into one night stands. He is into relationships, I don't think he's fucked many different women because of that, but when he's with one they're fucking all the weekend.

I deeply love him and I have romantic feelings towards him. But sometimes I just feel I want to fuck him hard and feel his tight hole become loose.