Who pays for all the new immigrants on the southern border?

hntnhole

6 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Sadly we have been seeing a wave of these new 'immigrants' being killed on the streets of NYC through shootings and car crashes.

A "wave"? What's your source for this? I can't find any reference to it, in either the mainstream respectable media or the crappy Murdoch type tabloids like the NY Post. There have been a few isolated incidents, but a "wave" suggests something either large or coordinated or both and I can't find any evidence for either.

12 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

A "wave"? What's your source for this? I can't find any reference to it, in either the mainstream respectable media or the crappy Murdoch type tabloids like the NY Post. There have been a few isolated incidents, but a "wave" suggests something either large or coordinated or both and I can't find any evidence for either.

Latest one:

[think before following links] https://abc7ny.com/nyc-crime-car-hits-pedestrians-manhattan-dwi/13346164/

9 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Summing up this article: A drunk driver hit some pedestrians, possibly swerving trying to avoid a cyclist. ONE of five listed victims of the incident is a migrant from a nearby shelter - and not even necessarily the one who died (it appears most of the people who were injured survived). 

Pro tip: if a drunk driver hits a bunch of pedestrians near a shelter for migrants, it's not surprising one of the victims is a migrant. Unless you think he got drunk and drove to the shelter area specifically to target migrants, this has zero to do with the fact that one victim (again, of at least five) is a migrant, and it does not constitute a "wave".

Even if several migrants have been injured or killed in traffic accidents in recent months, that does not constitute a "wave" of migrant victims any more than the fact that several of them were men (or women) makes a "wave" of men (or women) being hurt or killed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 9:06 PM, topblkmale said:

By 'wave' I am also suggesting that our local media has chosen to focus on stories where the victims or injured are migrants.

That is by definition not a wave. A wave is a measurable increase in something, often (but not always) a significant or dramatic increase.

The media choosing to highlight something does not make the incidents a "wave". It may be that there is a wave of STORIES about these incidents, but that's a completely different thing entirely.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Once they get a job, they start paying their fair share via taxes - just like everyone else.  If they're unemployed, they pay tax on everything they purchase.  

I'm assuming you may be referring to very recent immigrants?  There are clearly defined ways and means to emigrate, and if those ways and means become inadequate, then improvements to meet the situation are made, but it doesn't happen overnight.  In that event, all the rest of us help the newly-arrived, which is what decency requires.  We are a nation of immigrants*, and while some cultural groups have been here a lot longer than others, the principle remains foundational.  There are numerous social-service organizations of good-will that help the newly arrived acclimate, and there are some Government-level assistance programs too. 

In instances when the newly-arrived are also committing crimes, then it's entirely understandable when they get deported.  I would venture that those are the substantial minority, since most immigrants come to improve their lives through working.

For instance, I wasn't born in the US, as my family immigrated when I was an infant.  Yet, I happen to look like my ancestors have been here for centuries.  In that perverted way of judging others - merely by their appearance, accent, original language - I guess I "pass".  What an insidious hypocrisy.  

Thus, physical appearances mean rather little when all is said and done, and certainly when it comes to any definition of "citizenship".  It's what's in a person's heart, in their mind, and the resulting behavior that counts.  What's so terrible about assuming the best, instead of the worst?  Sure, toss the wannabe criminals out, and welcome everyone else.  

*because our Caucasian ancestors massacred the indigenous population that had occupied the continent for millennia.  That wasn't merely repression, that was colonization.

In any case, thanks to all you guys who voiced your thoughts. 

That was the whole point of the original question, and it was eye-opening for many of us.  This is how we learn from each other, and I happen to think it's really cool.  

• 5 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:06 PM, Daddysissyprincess said:

Thanks for that well thought out comment.   Too many people are too reactive. 

I have this take on the issue as a white 58 year old American:

The bottom line is  contrary to popular belief,  accidentally dropping out of your mom’s pussy on a particular patch of the earth’s soil does not make someone superior to others.  People seem to think being born here makes them better than “others”  

but the fact is we have millions of fat stupid  lazy useless uneducated sloppy idiot “real” Americans laying around taking up space, who contribute nothing of value to the United States.  They breed and eat.  That’s it. 

id gladly trade them for these desperate but industrious hard working ambitious persistent folks who come to our border wanting work and freedom.

I’m so sick to death of fat stupid obese flabby assed  lazy whiney  hetero Americans.

they make me sick. I’m tired of their shit after  early 6 decades of hearing it.  All of it.  All their fucking useless  bullshit opinions on everything.  

Tell em Daddy