Reducing Rimming Risk

The post and discussion about the CDC's rimming warning was interesting.  As someone who loves eating ass but hates gastrointestinal problems, I thought I'd share a trick I picked up years ago from straight friends of mine who spent much of the 70s and 80s exploring primitive Third World backwaters.  In all their travels neither ever developed traveler's diarrhea, a happy outcome they attributed to daily doses of Pepto-Bismol as a prophylaxis.

Since I adopted this as a pre-rimming practice back in the 80s, I've had zero intestinal issues.  Turns out the bismuth in P-B is effective at preventing intestinal bugs.  I usually also take a dose after any butt munching session.

Antimicrobial activity of bismuth subsalicylate on Clostridium difficile, Escherichia coli O157:H7, norovirus, and other common enteric pathogens

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 9:13 PM, Twochipigs said:

The post and discussion about the CDC's rimming warning was interesting.  As someone who loves eating ass but hates gastrointestinal problems, I thought I'd share a trick I picked up years ago from straight friends of mine who spent much of the 70s and 80s exploring primitive Third World backwaters.  In all their travels neither ever developed traveler's diarrhea, a happy outcome they attributed to daily doses of Pepto-Bismol as a prophylaxis.

Since I adopted this as a pre-rimming practice back in the 80s, I've had zero intestinal issues.  Turns out the bismuth in P-B is effective at preventing intestinal bugs.  I usually also take a dose after any butt munching session.

Antimicrobial activity of bismuth subsalicylate on Clostridium difficile, Escherichia coli O157:H7, norovirus, and other common enteric pathogens

@twochipigs, are you saying that you just take a dose of Pepto Bismol just prior to sex and then some more after?  Or do you take it daily?  I've been lucky for sure, and I have always loved rimming a hot ass - but I'm getting more and more piggy about it and keep eating it out during the whole session.  I love a 3way and sucking other top's cock straight from the ass and felching too, non-stop A2M and M2A - been lucky, but I should start doing this for sure!  Thanks for your advice!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:13 PM, Twochipigs said:

Just a note about the referenced study - the results indicate that while the active ingredients in Pepto-Bismol have significant antimicrobial properties against a range of intestinal pathogens, that protection is not absolute. It significantly reduces, but does not eliminate, the risk. Also, the authors note that their findings were principally made in vitro, i.e., lab-based, and that more in vivo, or actual in-the-body, studies would be needed to confirm the degree of efficacy in actual use. Clearly @Twochipigs has found it so, but just be aware that the pink stuff isn’t actually a tongue condom.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Just a note about the referenced study - the results indicate that while the active ingredients in Pepto-Bismol have significant antimicrobial properties against a range of intestinal pathogens, that protection is not absolute. It significantly reduces, but does not eliminate, the risk. Also, the authors note that their findings were principally made in vitro, i.e., lab-based, and that more in vivo, or actual in-the-body, studies would be needed to confirm the degree of efficacy in actual use. Clearly @Twochipigs has found it so, but just be aware that the pink stuff isn’t actually a tongue condom.

Don't disagree at all.  Hence the title of the post.  But if does reduce the odds of gastrointestinal infection, it's cheap insurance. 

18 minutes ago, Twochipigs said:

Don't disagree at all.  Hence the title of the post.  But if does reduce the odds of gastrointestinal infection, it's cheap insurance. 

Agreed. And though I don’t rim, I don’t refuse ATM, so I’ll be adding a dose of Pepto to my pre-service prep going forward.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, ameneo said:

Does just rimming around an ass increase risk?

Or is it more that carnal sucking on a manhole and eating the mix of cum and ass slop

Treating this as a serious question, which it may not be: Bacteria are tiny, microscopic little buggers, and whatever a person might have in his excretory system undoubtedly exists somewhere around the edges of the hole as well, at least at times. It's not like feces miraculously disappear from the rectum and end up in the toilet without having contact with the anus.

Also worth noting: a bottom who is harboring one or more of these bacteria need not have the first drop of cum or "ass slop" in his system for that infection to be spread via rimming. 

• Like 1